Stax SR-009 and T2 successors confirmed for spring 2017
Apr 8, 2017 at 1:10 PM Post #107 of 256
Here's a Bing translation, FWIW:

it is said that the top-level amplifier is scheduled to be released around May-June. Combined headphones, this is also assumed to be the top Sr-009.

I couldn't tell you the details of the amp, but when I looked at the contents, I felt that it was chock full and sounds good.

Apr 10, 2017 at 4:19 PM Post #109 of 256
  I was about to pull the trigger on a BHSE or Carbon for my 009s. Think I'll hold off for a little, especially as I currently live in Tokyo.

Sorry, I don't want to sound negative, but I would be amazed if Stax brought out an amplifier to compete with the BHSE or Carbon IMO. They seem obsessed with keeping the case small and tubes inside. And after the T2 nearly bankrupt them.

But I am hoping they do indeed bring out an ultimate amp, it would be about time they could power the 009s or 007s to the maximum potential.

So lets hope, and wait and see. 

Apr 10, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #110 of 256
Stax can totally pull off an amazing amp, but these DIY KG designs are not expensive just because they are...the parts themselves are expensive lol

We call it DIY as it is an amazing device that if u can make it, it can be fairly affordable but still expensive. Good thing it performances are fully justify

In a way, if it happens from star, it would cost....a lot

Apr 11, 2017 at 5:37 AM Post #111 of 256
for me, sad thing is desktop near field listening KEF LS50s (about 1000$) out of 20$ chinese digital amp have better imaging than SR-009 or HE1.
redface.gif

Apr 11, 2017 at 6:45 AM Post #112 of 256
  for me, sad thing is desktop near field listening KEF LS50s (about 1000$) out of 20$ chinese digital amp have better imaging than SR-009 or HE1.
redface.gif

I also have near field with my 18K Zingali Horns, but I find the 009s offer something different. And of course don't have an issue with neighbours or other folk in the house. I feel they offer an experience well worth the cost and effort of having both TBH. I would question the sound quality against a budget system, the 009s can really leave many speaker systems behind until you get up to a certain level IMO.

Apr 11, 2017 at 8:37 AM Post #113 of 256

redface.gif

I also have near field with my 18K Zingali Horns, but I find the 009s offer something different. And of course don't have an issue with neighbours or other folk in the house. I feel they offer an experience well worth the cost and effort of having both TBH. I would question the sound quality against a budget system, the 009s can really leave many speaker systems behind until you get up to a certain level IMO.

I agree with you. 2AM-4AM listening best main power condition time i need headphone...
biggrin.gif

Apr 25, 2017 at 4:53 AM Post #116 of 256
Anybody seen the new Stax equipment yet  - either prototypes or in the wild ?

Apr 25, 2017 at 5:49 AM Post #117 of 256
  Anybody seen the new Stax equipment yet  - either prototypes or in the wild ?

I was admiring your (complex) setup. What is the rack of tube processors? Fascinating. 

Can I ask, how do you rate the Abyss to your 009 on your amps?

Sorry, lots of questions.....

Apr 27, 2017 at 1:25 AM Post #119 of 256
Well, it's announced. The SRM-8000, hybrid amp with 6922 tube inputs, solid state outputs - see Jude's Head-Fi TV report. Doesn't match the BHSE or Carbon for max output, although for most people that's academic.

Definitely, I adore BHSE and GG hybrids more than t8000. Output tubes stage is more effective than input stage

Users who are viewing this thread

Back