SONY NW-ZX2
Apr 28, 2017 at 4:57 PM Post #13,836 of 14,755
Guys, I'm thinking about purchasing some good IEM for using with the ZX2. The XBA-Z5 are under consideration, but as they are an expensive piece of kit (for my budget), I'd like to know a bit more about the synergy with the ZX2. I'm a bit concerned with the Z5's being 32 ohms. I'd really appreciate any kind of feedback /advice. Thanks!!!

Apr 28, 2017 at 10:05 PM Post #13,838 of 14,755
Z5s need an amp. You'd have to turn the zx2 all the way up for the z5s

Thanks for the reply and advice. Would IE800 be a better fit? Can they be driven adequately? Apologies in advance for asking questions like these. I'm very new to this hobby and, expensive as it is, it's always best to get good info from those more experienced.

Apr 29, 2017 at 10:23 AM Post #13,839 of 14,755
just joined this club! yup i know late to the party hehe, just got it for a great price preowned and the previous owner really took good care of it, always in its dignis case and had a screen protector, so when i took it off it looks close to new... really loving the luscious sound, the added warmth is a welcome thing for me... just got a couple of questions, cant seem to figure out a way to add or queue a song like "up next" or play next to the current song, is there no workaround for this? many thanks :) also does the fiio l5 line out dock cable work? many thanks :)

@SebaE2012, i'm using an ie800 and the synergy seems great, though its only been a day since i got the zx2... first impression though is very positive

also sorry to ask this but i cant seem to find the search area for this thread ... thanks in advance

Last edited:
May 1, 2017 at 12:14 PM Post #13,840 of 14,755
just joined this club! yup i know late to the party hehe, just got it for a great price preowned and the previous owner really took good care of it, always in its dignis case and had a screen protector, so when i took it off it looks close to new... really loving the luscious sound, the added warmth is a welcome thing for me... just got a couple of questions, cant seem to figure out a way to add or queue a song like "up next" or play next to the current song, is there no workaround for this? many thanks :) also does the fiio l5 line out dock cable work? many thanks :)

@SebaE2012, i'm using an ie800 and the synergy seems great, though its only been a day since i got the zx2... first impression though is very positive

also sorry to ask this but i cant seem to find the search area for this thread ... thanks in advance

@shootertwist, Welcome to the Club! I'm also a recent ZX2 owner (basically, I waited until I found a great sale, due to WM-1A/1Z being released. Thanks a lot for the reply regarding IE800. I may let myself be tempted and purchased them. I'd be very interested in further impressions, once you've time with the ZX2. I hope you enjoy it!

May 5, 2017 at 2:19 AM Post #13,841 of 14,755
So I got a pretty good deal on a used but mint zx2 for $320 locally and currently enjoying the pairing with z5. Playing with sound enhancements, the clear audio really elevates the texture of the bass which is a boomy most of the times.

May 5, 2017 at 4:43 AM Post #13,844 of 14,755
320$ for a used/mint ZX2 is definitely a STEAL

wow

May 5, 2017 at 4:45 AM Post #13,845 of 14,755
No more warranty bro since the unit has been a year old but it's got no dings nor scratches and previous owner said he didn't get to use this very much because of his work
^does it still have warranty bro? that's a good deal there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back