SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 18, 2017 at 7:37 PM Post #12,947 of 45,723
Jul 19, 2017 at 12:08 AM Post #12,949 of 45,723
All time classic :beerchug:

This album スターチャイルドSELECTION音楽編 included many classic anisong,
such as '残酷な天使のテーゼ', 'FLY ME TO THE MOON', 'Give a reason', '輪舞-revolution' and 'Birth'
which highly recommend if you like those 90's classic anisong.

416S2CPA6XL.jpg

welcome to the club. :gs1000smile:
Thats a nice album.

Jul 19, 2017 at 12:41 AM Post #12,950 of 45,723
How do Shure SE846s sound balanced out of the Sony NW-WM1A? I love them single-ended from my Lotoo Paw Gold Diana and Questyle QP1R.
:L3000:

I will answer my own question, since my balanced ALO 4.4mm cable arrived. The Shure SE846s sound much better using the balanced connection. Better detail, stage width, etc. It is a joy. I love the 846/NW-WM1A combo in balanced.

Jul 19, 2017 at 10:13 AM Post #12,952 of 45,723
IMG_8792.JPG

Linum SuperBax reterminated to 4.4 mm with my over 7 years old original JH13 (my best purchase ever)

Jul 19, 2017 at 12:03 PM Post #12,954 of 45,723
Actually a lot of devices don't turn off now while charging, it's certainly not just a Sony thing.

My Lotoo Paw Gold Diana will not be recognized by my computer until I power it on. It has to have charge left to be recognized, or plugged into the separate charger connection simultaneously.

Jul 19, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #12,955 of 45,723
Can someone tell me where to get that screw-on adapter for Sony EX series IEM?

Either go direct too china and search for it, which is impossible, as I've tried, your only hope is find it in Taobao.cn , and use a taobao agent and help purchase it if you don't live in Hong Kong. China or macau.

Jul 19, 2017 at 12:29 PM Post #12,956 of 45,723
If I get a scratch on a DAP, I will sell it and get another. I suppose I have obsessive compulsive disorder, because I will obsess on a little scratch and try to repair it until it drives me absolutely crazy. That is why every single player I have and every earphone or headphone is in a Pelican case and safe. It's a curse.
same as me, even those minor scratches will get to me, this is also for other stuff, even phones.:triportsad:

Jul 19, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #12,957 of 45,723
same as me, even those minor scratches will get to me, this is also for other stuff, even phones.:triportsad:

Imperfections in audio equipment drive me mad! Phones too. I drive a beater because scratches on a new car would be unnerving.

Jul 19, 2017 at 1:22 PM Post #12,958 of 45,723
Nice shot! I am glad seeing people adopting into Balanced out more :). It is awesome, and wm1Z has always impressed me

Yep. I had actually been balanced almost from the first day as I had a trrs to trrrs adapter to go with my TWau cable from Whiplash but going without adapter is cleaner

Jul 19, 2017 at 8:34 PM Post #12,959 of 45,723
I just did a little A-B listening between the Sony NW-WM1A and the Questyle QP1R. I find the Questyle to have a substantially more spacious soundstage. The QP1R also has nicer detail, separation, and sounds more natural. Both players are not the least bit fatiguing. The listening was done on 3.5mm SE, with Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7GMs. The Sony opens up a lot using my Shure SE846s in balanced mode; it will be interesting to see how both these players stack up if I can get a balanced cable for my Shure SRH1540 headphones. The QP1R has the definite advantage in sound quality in SE. Having said all this, I am still in awe of the Sony NW-WM1A! It is a very nice sounding DAP, and I just got 34 hours on the battery on the first go-around with 44.1khz/16 bit ALAC files. I am keeping them both...and my Lotoo Paw Gold Diana! I am becoming a DAP hoarder. Sony's user interface, artist thumbnail scroll, and album art display is miles ahead of ANY DAP Ihave used...including iPods.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2017 at 9:16 PM Post #12,960 of 45,723
I just did a little A-B listening between the Sony NW-WM1A and the Questyle QP1R. I find the Questyle to have a substantially more spacious soundstage. The QP1R also has nicer detail, separation, and sounds more natural. Both players are not the least bit fatiguing. The listening was done on 3.5mm SE, with Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7GMs. The Sony opens up a lot using my Shure SE846s in balanced mode; it will be interesting to see how both these players stack up if I can get a balanced cable for my Audio-Technica headphones. The QP1R has the definite advantage in sound quality in SE. Having said all this, I am still in awe of the Sony NW-WM1A! It is a very nice sounding DAP, and I just got 34 hours on the battery on the first go-around with 44.1khz/16 bit ALAC files. I am keeping them both...and my Lotoo Paw Gold Diana! I am becoming a DAP hoarder. Sony's user interface, artist thumbnail scroll, andalbum art display is miles ahead of ANY DAP Ihave used...including iPods.

Still long way to go till 500hrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back