SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 24, 2017 at 8:32 AM Post #12,241 of 45,723
I think it is fine for people to be surprised and/or be jealous and no one actually asked for a justification.
I, for one, spend more than I should on audio, but still less than I could.

Last edited:
May 24, 2017 at 9:52 AM Post #12,242 of 45,723
Take good care of your screens :frowning2:

Looks like it's very sensitive. Small drop on the screen, not a scratch on the glass, but somehow the screen is damaged

yEbXdk.jpg

Just to let you know incase the repair is chargable, expect the cost around USD 135, this is the conversion cost from Japanese yen for a replacement display including the outer glass, the price quoted is for NW ZX walkman and the new WM series, it so happens that I contacted Sony Japan a few days ago about replacement display and replacement battery for my NW ZX2, my NW ZX2's battery is discharging much faster than usual and the glue inbetween the main glass and LCD has started seperated, had it for over 2 years.

Anyway, it's just for references.

May 24, 2017 at 11:54 AM Post #12,243 of 45,723
maybe he meant he dropped the Walkman from a very short distance but enough to cause damage?/QUOTE]
Ahh, my bad. Hadn't considered that!

Last edited:
May 24, 2017 at 6:33 PM Post #12,244 of 45,723
I tried to remain civil as I have anger management issues :D
Something easy to conjure up these days. Things aren't quite like they used to be a few thousand years ago.

Last edited:
May 25, 2017 at 2:47 AM Post #12,246 of 45,723
Just to let you know incase the repair is chargable, expect the cost around USD 135, this is the conversion cost from Japanese yen for a replacement display including the outer glass, the price quoted is for NW ZX walkman and the new WM series, it so happens that I contacted Sony Japan a few days ago about replacement display and replacement battery for my NW ZX2, my NW ZX2's battery is discharging much faster than usual and the glue inbetween the main glass and LCD has started seperated, had it for over 2 years.

Anyway, it's just for references.
Thank you for the info. Let's see what they will say about the warranty, then of course if I have to I will get it repaired. I hope they won't charge higher than what you've mentioned.

May 25, 2017 at 7:45 AM Post #12,247 of 45,723
Thank you for the info. Let's see what they will say about the warranty, then of course if I have to I will get it repaired. I hope they won't charge higher than what you've mentioned.

In Japan, it's 15000 yen + tax on top, price including service charge and labour, the same replacement in Hong Kong is about 900HKD, which works out about the same or approximate USD 135, but you will get either a slightly higher or lower cost, although Hong Kong is cheaper, I trust the people in Japan, Hong Kong service center is useless, thats why i'd rather want till december and have it done in Japan during my visit.

May 25, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #12,248 of 45,723
It is not supposed that within warranty period the repairs are for FREE? at least when my Sony vaio failed twice on the LCD the repairs were performed for free by Sony mexico because it was under warranty at that timr

May 25, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #12,249 of 45,723
Warranty, if accepted by the manufacturer, will be free. However, if they found the reasons of failure is due to the negligence of the owner, then they have the right to charge the owner for the works and repair services. It is the basic principle of it

May 25, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #12,252 of 45,723
Did you know? The WM1 is not charged when it is connected to the TA-ZH1ES 'walkman' port. Major fail from Sony IMHO....

May 25, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #12,253 of 45,723
Did you know? The WM1 is not charged when it is connected to the TA-ZH1ES 'walkman' port. Major fail from Sony IMHO....

But it does.....

walkman.JPG

May 25, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #12,255 of 45,723
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back