SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 14, 2017 at 7:43 AM Post #7,336 of 45,723
  Price drop on amazon uk by a £10.00 but not in stock until next week.

yep i just cant bring myself to spend that kinda money i will have to sell my ZX2 first  ..lol...are you getting it ?

Jan 14, 2017 at 7:47 AM Post #7,337 of 45,723
Not the singers, but your Axios Kimber cables do. It is not even your WM1Z that does it :D. I am jealous

Wait till you see my pic, you will go insane. When a woman whisper in my ear, her words go to my brain but her breath and inflexion go to my heart and her suggestion can even go lower and my 1Z balance is capturing all :D

Jan 14, 2017 at 7:55 AM Post #7,338 of 45,723
I am already jawdrop and speechless here, being stunned like a Frog under light beams ! Yeah, 4.4mm is the best WM series can offer. I will need to find myself this plugs before I can start making my cables :D, but nothing is going to beat your Axios for sure

Jan 14, 2017 at 8:03 AM Post #7,339 of 45,723

​Z7 fared OK but not as WOWing as Z5s... that was until i ticked HIGH GAIN output and wow, def. Z7 need high gain to rock nice

I found the same out when I tried both out of the PHA3.  The Z5 in balanced actually beat out my old JH13pro before.  Time to go balanced man...you won't regret this.
yes I will try balance out

Jan 14, 2017 at 8:11 AM Post #7,340 of 45,723
With my Vega, I notice on my 1Z, balance + high gain is absolutely needed to create the magic. It is not just volume or loudness, the higher voltage from the high gain is causing the dynamic to fully present herself at ease.

Jan 14, 2017 at 8:39 AM Post #7,341 of 45,723
  yep i just cant bring myself to spend that kinda money i will have to sell my ZX2 first  ..lol...are you getting it ?

Same as you I suspect.  Head says "**** it go for it, Heart (and wallet) scream noooooo!

Jan 14, 2017 at 8:57 AM Post #7,343 of 45,723
To anyone that wonder how the DC phase linearizer feel like ? It is rather strange. There are 6 modes

Type A (low, standard, high)
Type B (Low, standard, high)

Low: shift the phase toward the sub-bass. It is not exactly the sub bass that got boosted, but it feel like the energy and dynamic density is shifted toward the emphasis of sub-bass

Standard: similar effect, but is spread out to all bass spectrum instead of focusing in low

High: my most non-favor effect, still the same effect, but the shift is focusing into upper bass or even more into lower mid spectrum bass rather than the bass alone.

Type A: it feel like the bass is widely spread out in a spherical field of rendering. Easier to listen to and more general with all kind of genres.

Type B: it feel like the bass is spread from further away but pinpointed focuses toward the audiences. It results in a much more pin-point focuses onto vocal. Say, if you observe and look ahead, the bass is spread out around and behind the singer and each drum set is arranged into you from that far away with the singer stand closer to you. This is excellent for Jazz and some Ballads

My favorite effects now is

D.C. Phase linerizatoin: Type A, Low
DSEE HX: String. This focuses more into mid spectrum especially upper mid and into lower trebles...I love it for my main genres

:D. I hope it is useful....otherwise, just Direct Source for the heck of it. The WM Walkman is Excellent in DSP and EQ. It would be a waste to not use it

Jan 14, 2017 at 9:03 AM Post #7,346 of 45,723
It takes my WM1Z in stock case. It has 3 different type of shimmers. Wm1Z with case does not use any shimmer at all

Tight fit or bit of space to get it in and out ? Don't want to force my beloved red dignis (case) into it and is it just a standard USB to whatever your connecting it to, in my case the PHA micro input or do I have to chain in my wm conversion cable ?

Jan 14, 2017 at 9:11 AM Post #7,347 of 45,723
To anyone that wonder how the DC phase linearizer feel like ? It is rather strange. There are 6 modes

Low: shift the phase toward the sub-bass. It is not exactly the sub bass that got boosted, but it feel like the energy and dynamic density is shifted toward the emphasis of sub-bass

Standard: similar effect, but is spread out to all bass spectrum instead of focusing in low

High: my most non-favor effect, still the same effect, but the shift is focusing into upper bass or even more into lower mid spectrum bass rather than the bass alone.

Type A: it feel like the bass is widely spread out in a spherical field of rendering. Easier to listen to and more general with all kind of genres.

Type B: it feel like the bass is spread from further away but pinpointed focuses toward the audiences. It results in a much more pin-point focuses onto vocal. Say, if you observe and look ahead, the bass is spread out around and behind the singer and each drum set is arranged into you from that far away with the singer stand closer to you. This is excellent for Jazz and some Ballads

DSEE HX: String. This focuses more into mid spectrum especially upper mid and into lower trebles...I love it for my main genres

:D. I hope it is useful....otherwise, just Direct Source for the heck of it. The WM Walkman is Excellent in DSP and EQ. It would be a waste to not use it

Super useful dude, thanks, was really wondering about these, i mostly settle on A standard, but thought it varies with different headphones /iems.

Jan 14, 2017 at 10:26 AM Post #7,348 of 45,723

biggrin.gif
. I hope it is useful....otherwise, just Direct Source for the heck of it. The WM Walkman is Excellent in DSP and EQ. It would be a waste to not use it

With your settings Type A LOW DSEEHX Strings i have a catedral feeling on the Z7 with certain albums, cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back