Jul 6, 2017 at 4:16 PM Post #316 of 483
Help, looks like I have a problem with my mRendu. I unplugged everything to move the system and now with everything plugged back in the mRendu won't show up in my Lumin control point. The mR is powered by an LPS-1 and is immediately downstream of an fmc. The mR ethernet socket lights are on and blink to show it is receiving data, and I have removed and pushed back in the sd card a couple of times, but still no good. Is there anything else I can try to get it working properly? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Jul 6, 2017 at 5:56 PM Post #317 of 483
Have you gone to Sonore's site and found your mR? You can find the App menu there and reset the app.

Jul 24, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #320 of 483
Can someone help me understand something about the microRendu. If I had an external drive with flac files hooked up to a router via Ethernet, a mac mini Ethernet to the router, then hooked up the microRendu pointing that to a DAC (and that is the only input into the DAC). My question is when I am on the mac mini, can I have the general audio feed through the microRendu (so for non critical listening, the wife using it playing itunes, web video etc. the audio from that goes to the microRendu and then the DAC?). Then at other times, when I want to shut the mac mini down, I could access the external drive with the music via the phone (Roon I guess) and play files that way through this device. I get that I can do the latter, I was not sure about the former, just running general mac mini audio through it; but that is what I am trying to accomplish if anyone can help. Thanks.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2017 at 3:05 PM Post #321 of 483
Can someone help me understand something about the microRendu. If I had an external drive with flac files hooked up to a router via Ethernet, a mac mini Ethernet to the router, then hooked up the microRendu pointing that to a DAC (and that is the only input into the DAC). My question is when I am on the mac mini, can I have the general audio feed through the microRendu (so for non critical listening, the wife using it playing itunes, web video etc. the audio from that goes to the microRendu and then the DAC?). Then at other times, when I want to shut the mac mini down, I could access the external drive with the music via the phone (Roon I guess) and play files that way through this device. I get that I can do the latter, I was not sure about the former, just running general mac mini audio through it; but that is what I am trying to accomplish if anyone can help. Thanks.

I can make a partial suggestion ... I also power down my Mac, but I don't use Roon. There are a number of ways of playing directly on the microRendu without a computer. I personally use the 'onboard' Squeezebox' server with Squeezelite enabled as the play mode and use iPeng on an iPad of iPhone to control things from my armchair.

Jul 24, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #322 of 483
I can make a partial suggestion ... I also power down my Mac, but I don't use Roon. There are a number of ways of playing directly on the microRendu without a computer. I personally use the 'onboard' Squeezebox' server with Squeezelite enabled as the play mode and use iPeng on an iPad of iPhone to control things from my armchair.
Thanks for that info. I did notice the following, that seems to suggest you can point all of the mac audio from say the internal speakers to the output device like Apple TV http://osxdaily.com/2012/08/01/stream-all-mac-system-audio-over-airplay-os-x/. I am wondering if the microRendu would show up on that list, so click that and when the mac is on everything goes through the microRendu; then when the mac is off it still goes through the microRendu as you are doing.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #323 of 483
Thanks for that info. I did notice the following, that seems to suggest you can point all of the mac audio from say the internal speakers to the output device like Apple TV http://osxdaily.com/2012/08/01/stream-all-mac-system-audio-over-airplay-os-x/. I am wondering if the microRendu would show up on that list, so click that and when the mac is on everything goes through the microRendu; then when the mac is off it still goes through the microRendu as you are doing.

I don't know for sure ... but I suspect it might not show up as it's an 'independent' network device, and not part of the Mac's available devices or AirPlay.

In fact, I've just had a quick look on my Mac's 'Sound' preferences and the mR doesn't show there.

Jul 24, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #324 of 483
Just a further thought @bmoregnr ... it might work through AirPlay but I don't have that to try ... others may like to chime in here.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2017 at 4:45 PM Post #325 of 483
I looked up my mR help and there is this mode that you can select ...

Mode #2 - ShairPort Output - This is an AirPlay emulator that utilizes streams sent to it from a compatible source.

See ... http://docs.sonore.us/microrendu/

I've never used it but maybe this fits your requirement.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #327 of 483
Thanks @Charente I will look into that some more. And it is pretty easy to switch between modes right, Mode 2 and Mode 1 in your case.

Yes, indeed, quick and painless through a browser ! Good luck. Come back and let us know how you get on.

Jul 26, 2017 at 9:01 AM Post #328 of 483
Yes, indeed, quick and painless through a browser ! Good luck. Come back and let us know how you get on.
The company was really quick in getting back to me that while on the mac mini I can send itunes to the mrendu I cannot send say youtube audio. I am considering an Ayre Codex that has both toslink and USB. I suppose I could hook the toslink up for general playing, or again say the wife is on the computer so anything she plays comes out of the toslink to the Codex no fuss.

If I also had the USB of the Ayre hooked up to the mrendu, and I played something on a mrendu Mode player when I am on the mac (sometimes I just want to play something quick so the computer is on; but I might as well point it to the mrendu since I am using a player), I wonder if the mac will still try and send audio out of the toslink. I suppose if the Ayre is switched to the USB output then it doesn’t matter; but I am wondering if this is my solution and you or anyone else sees a problem with it or perhaps has a similar setup.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2017 at 11:07 AM Post #330 of 483
If I understand this correctly, you're saying you can use AoIP with iTunes to the mR?
Thanks.
I don't own one of these yet so others will have to give you a definitive answer, but my understanding is ShairPort Output is an Airplay emulator and so iTunes being a compatible source would deliver audio to the mR. Anyone can correct me if I am wrong as I don't know networking at all, but as I am trying to learn this stuff it seems to me more and more that getting audio to the mR is player based; the player has the ability to send it over the network to the mR.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back