Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Jan 11, 2017 at 2:19 AM Post #4,111 of 4,534
  Yeah very good!

You may like these...

Phaeleh ! 
beerchug.gif

Jan 22, 2017 at 4:12 PM Post #4,112 of 4,534
Listened to this on gateway laptop>mojo>CA CXA60>B&W686 S2/Polk Audio PSW111
Drums sounds so realistic,tight and clean.Rudinger is amazing.
https://youtu.be/ti7AJS1kQYI

Feb 6, 2017 at 7:50 AM Post #4,120 of 4,534
So I experienced the Sennheiser HE1 setup yesterday at CanJam. One of the Demo tracks was the 24 bit version of Diamonds on the soles of her shoes by Paul Simon. (HDTracks has it on the Gracelands album). 
The Ladysmith Black Mambazo were lined up either side of Simon and I could quite clearly hear where every singer was standing along the line. Astonishing imaging. Also, when they Mambazo girls sang, they reached up to the microphones suspended above and you could actually hear their voices raising upwards. 

Incredible experience that has set the bar for whats possible in the HeadFi world.

Feb 6, 2017 at 11:00 AM Post #4,121 of 4,534
  So I experienced the Sennheiser HE1 setup yesterday at CanJam. One of the Demo tracks was the 24 bit version of Diamonds on the soles of her shoes by Paul Simon. (HDTracks has it on the Gracelands album). 
The Ladysmith Black Mambazo were lined up either side of Simon and I could quite clearly hear where every singer was standing along the line. Astonishing imaging. Also, when they Mambazo girls sang, they reached up to the microphones suspended above and you could actually hear their voices raising upwards. 

Incredible experience that has set the bar for whats possible in the HeadFi world.

That's exciting. I love when someone can articulate a great listening moment with such clarity.

To me, soundstage and timbre/accuracy are at least as important as any other measurement (frequency range, SNR, etc.) when you sum up sound quality of mixed music.

Timing is everything in music. Timing = spacing. Spacing = soundstage. 

Now, modern music mixing has adjusted for the poor playback reality by forcing huge, artificial soundstages that are propped up by modern digital tools like precise, robotic automation of every parameter, infinite side-chaining compressors, and nearly unlimited artificial sound creation and manipulation. 

These production tricks are not new (myself and others were doing many of them 15-20 years ago), it's just 'necessary' these days to get any life through the lossy wireless phone dominated world.

Think about this -- the average person today listens to lossy files rendered on a cheap DAC from a cheap IC through lossy and out-of-sync wireless speakers. That's 4 noticeable levels of degradation. I didn't even include the dither from 24bit in that stack! Make it 5 levels of degradation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back