Sonarworks Headphone Calibration software
Jun 4, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #767 of 1,377
I am playing around with Sonarworks headphone plugin together with my DT880pro cans (average profile). I am much impressed by the results.
However I regret that there is no neutral sounding crossfeed simulation included in Reference 3.
Did any of you use the Sonarworks plugin simutaneously with the Redline Monitor plugin?
For example in this way: Stereo Bus->VST Host->Redline Monitor->Sonarworks Reference 3->DAC/AMP->Cans.
Looking forward to other head-fiers experience with this configuration.

Jun 4, 2017 at 3:45 PM Post #768 of 1,377
I am playing around with Sonarworks headphone plugin together with my DT880pro cans (average profile). I am much impressed by the results.
However I regret that there is no neutral sounding crossfeed simulation included in Reference 3.
Did any of you use the Sonarworks plugin simutaneously with the Redline Monitor plugin?
For example in this way: Stereo Bus->VST Host->Redline Monitor->Sonarworks Reference 3->DAC/AMP->Cans.
Looking forward to other head-fiers experience with this configuration.
Try OOYH instead.

Jun 5, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #772 of 1,377
wow... quite pricey and for only one 'speaker' setup. seems more of a reverb effect simulating specific room reflections rather then generic crossfeed.
The trial version is absolutely free, it has no time limit, lets you listen to any one preset for 30 secs b/f you have to switch to another one. And it's not just "room reverb", it's the entire speaker setup in the reverberant room as heard at the ear canal of whoever is taking the measurement. If you find a good match on any of these measurements, I bet you will agree it blows any crossfeed out of the water.

Jun 5, 2017 at 8:08 PM Post #773 of 1,377
Try OOYH instead.
Thanks for your suggestion. I looked into it. I am searching for a good crossfeed with as less as possible impact on frequency range. That is the reason I am more inclined towards Redline Monitor.
Anyone tried Redline Monitor in conjunctions with Reference 3?

Jun 6, 2017 at 9:28 AM Post #774 of 1,377
The trial version is absolutely free, it has no time limit, lets you listen to any one preset for 30 secs b/f you have to switch to another one. And it's not just "room reverb", it's the entire speaker setup in the reverberant room as heard at the ear canal of whoever is taking the measurement. If you find a good match on any of these measurements, I bet you will agree it blows any crossfeed out of the water.

Doesn't sound like the free version is very useful besides a quick demo. My point regarding reverb is it isn't really 'crossfeed' effect but a room simulator which colors the sound much more then simple crossfeed does, delivering a fraction of the left and right channels to each other with a very short delay.

As Jokanok implies, and I would agree that someone looking for crossfeed is looking for something a bit lower impact and certainly less pricey.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2017 at 9:31 AM Post #775 of 1,377
Tracking is saying 'returned to shipper' and still sitting in Cincinnati??!! Really, how hard does this need to be?

Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 9.23.40 AM.png

Jun 7, 2017 at 4:26 AM Post #776 of 1,377
Have you phoned DHL on why they decided to turn around the shipment? There's a good chance they didn't like that you filled both "Permanent" and "Repair/Return" in "Type of Export", because they're mutually exclusive.

Jun 7, 2017 at 1:34 PM Post #777 of 1,377
Have you phoned DHL on why they decided to turn around the shipment? There's a good chance they didn't like that you filled both "Permanent" and "Repair/Return" in "Type of Export", because they're mutually exclusive.

I didn't fill in the Permanent the dhl guy did when he picked up the box. They said something about being over $2500 in value requires special paperwork and some EIN codes and some company tax id or something i didn't quite understand any of what she said. I told the guy when they came to pick it up i had no clue what was needed for it and he checked that box and said it was ok. I would have expected all of this needed information to have been given directly to dhl before they even came to pickup the box.

Jun 7, 2017 at 10:49 PM Post #778 of 1,377
Received the box back this time they opened it and repacked it and threw it around a bunch. the post office was much more careful. paper stuck to the top has a check box besides 'Missing ITN# or SED Filing' whatever that means and the lady on the phone said something about it needing also a business tax id since it was over $2500 in value. I don't have any of this information and have no idea what to do.

Jun 8, 2017 at 6:21 AM Post #779 of 1,377
Thanks for your suggestion. I looked into it. I am searching for a good crossfeed with as less as possible impact on frequency range. That is the reason I am more inclined towards Redline Monitor.
Anyone tried Redline Monitor in conjunctions with Reference 3?
Follow-up of my last post.
I managed to use several crossfeed plugins in conjuction with Sonarworks Reference 3 using VstHost by Hermann Seib (thanks Hermann!!)
I compared Case's Meier Crossfeed (download page: https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,108412.new.html#new) with Redline Monitor, TB Isone, Head-fit and VnoPhone. By far I like Case's Meier Crossfeed the most. FYI my setting is at 25.
I am not into room simulation. I just am looking for a good non obtrusive crossfeed plugin to compensate for "in your head"-effect of headphones.

Jun 8, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #780 of 1,377
Ok so I called the census bureau to get the Schedule B number for exporting headphones and here it is...

Schedule B - 8518.30.2000 - Headphones or microphones - Quantity is number of headphones your sending

Then I called the EEI rules and regulations dept and they told me instead of filing for an ITN or EIN or whatever they call it for export that since they will be repaired and returned within a month I can instead put the following exemption code on the airway bill...

No EEI - 30.37Q

This just means it isn't really being exported and so none of the taxing and rules really apply.

So there it is, anyone that needs to send headphones to Latvia for calibration and wants to declare their true value for insurance purposes or incase they get lost or damaged and the value is over $2500 then you need to write these codes on your package airway bill. The schedule B number tells them they are headphones (same thing the list of contents could have told them) and the EEI exemption tells them they aren't really being exported.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back