Singxer SU-1 Owners
Jul 23, 2017 at 1:27 AM Post #392 of 869
Jul 23, 2017 at 7:26 PM Post #393 of 869
SU-1 Windows noob here. I'm on Windows 10 and SU-1 didn't need a driver to work. However, using JRiver 23 I can only get DSD to work using the SU-1 XMOS USB driver and I select the ASIO for output. However for system sound I only see the max of 192 KHz sampling under Advanced setting, device properties. The out-of-box Windows 10 USB Class 2 driver showed up to 384.

Is this right? No really an issue since I don't oversample, but find it odd.

Jul 23, 2017 at 8:32 PM Post #394 of 869
SU-1 Windows noob here. I'm on Windows 10 and SU-1 didn't need a driver to work. However, using JRiver 23 I can only get DSD to work using the SU-1 XMOS USB driver and I select the ASIO for output. However for system sound I only see the max of 192 KHz sampling under Advanced setting, device properties. The out-of-box Windows 10 USB Class 2 driver showed up to 384.

Is this right? No really an issue since I don't oversample, but find it odd.
You did read the Holo thread and all the issues I went through with JRiver trying to play DSD, right?

EDIT: Never mind, just read your post over there.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2017 at 8:32 AM Post #395 of 869
Hello,
i received my singxer SU-1 about two months ago.and i did te firmware upgrade, after that i installed the holo driver for native dsd.
I connect it tot my Gustard X20 (not pro)with I2S.
Native dsd 256 plays fine, 512 won 't :frowning2: it give strange noise and stuttering.
cpu usage is not very high.
Can anybody help me with this or is it not possible to play 512 with this type x-20 (ess9018)

Greetings, Ton (Netherlands)

Aug 14, 2017 at 2:55 AM Post #398 of 869
I need some help. My singxer SU-1 was working for the past 3 months I've had it but now won't show up on my PC's audio devices. I've done a clean install and it still won't show up. Has anyone experienced this?

Aug 14, 2017 at 8:14 AM Post #399 of 869
I did, but it was not something I could resolve.

I sent mine in for support, and it came back working perfectly. Sorry, that I have literally no understanding of the cause of the problem or the solution. But I was taken quite good care of by Singxer, with support from Kitsune!

Aug 29, 2017 at 2:13 AM Post #400 of 869
I have looking for ways to improve the SU-1 sound quality in the past few month. I started on power supply section first, replacing stock power supply with Uptone LPS-1, change out main board voltage regulator, more suitable capacitors, internal power cable, and recently moved on to the oscillator section. The stock Crystek CCHD-575 oscillators are very high quality unit, so to find a better replacement was not easy, finally I decided to try out a pair of sorted NDK NZ2520SD, as it turned out, the result brought the overall sound quality up another significant notch, and was very easy to pick up the improvement just a few hours of playing music. I have now been running these two oscillators closed to 100 hours, although still in early stage of burn in process, but I am very pleased with the result.

Here are couple pictures of the modification, it is not as pretty as I had hoped, but at least it functions nicely. :slight_smile:

20170817_175753[1].jpg 20170818_113857[1].jpg

Aug 31, 2017 at 8:56 AM Post #402 of 869
What HDMI cables are you guys using for I2S? I had been using a 1 meter Wireworld Chroma cable since I first got the SU-1 for my Spring KTE L3. There had been some noticeable harshness that was really bothering me. I just got a 0.3M Wireworld Starlight 7 as well as some new Wireworld Equinox Pro speaker cables and it has made a HUGE difference! I don't know if it is the HDMI cable as much as it is the speaker cables, but I like to think the HDMI made a big difference. The harshness in my system is gone, the soundstage depth is miles ahead of where it ever was before, and the transparency of the system is really impressive.

Aug 31, 2017 at 9:34 AM Post #403 of 869
What HDMI cables are you guys using for I2S? I had been using a 1 meter Wireworld Chroma cable since I first got the SU-1 for my Spring KTE L3. There had been some noticeable harshness that was really bothering me. I just got a 0.3M Wireworld Starlight 7 as well as some new Wireworld Equinox Pro speaker cables and it has made a HUGE difference! I don't know if it is the HDMI cable as much as it is the speaker cables, but I like to think the HDMI made a big difference. The harshness in my system is gone, the soundstage depth is miles ahead of where it ever was before, and the transparency of the system is really impressive.
Thank you for this. I have been using a Wireworld Ultraviolet for a while now and love it. I've been thinking about trying out the Starlight 7 or Silver Starlight but wasnt sure if it is going to be a big step up from the Ultraviolet. Decisions decisions....

Aug 31, 2017 at 10:51 AM Post #404 of 869
I just got a 0.3M Wireworld Starlight 7 as well as some new Wireworld Equinox Pro speaker cables and it has made a HUGE difference!
I'm a WireWorld fan too. They make great cables & interconnects.
I use WireWorld XLR cables between my Spring DAC and HeadAmp GS-X. I also use WireWorld interconnects between my turntable, preamp and tube amplifier.
Between my SU-1 and Holo Spring, the short WireWorld HDMI cable wouldn't work. I needed a longer cable and went with a Supra HDMI cable.

Aug 31, 2017 at 11:06 AM Post #405 of 869
I'm a WireWorld fan too. They make great cables & interconnects.
I use WireWorld XLR cables between my Spring DAC and HeadAmp GS-X. I also use WireWorld interconnects between my turntable, preamp and tube amplifier.
Between my SU-1 and Holo Spring, the short WireWorld HDMI cable wouldn't work. I needed a longer cable and went with a Supra HDMI cable.

The supra will no doubt be well shielded so that would compensate if you were using a longer run of cable (I think the shortest they do is 0.5m). Out of interest, by 'wouldn't work', do you mean the SU-1 couldn't be located close enough for a 0.3m cable to be used?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back