Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
May 6, 2017 at 5:19 PM Post #21,736 of 40,716
IMG_0086.JPG

Temporary setup to tie me over until the new HDV820 :)
Bifrost Multi and Valhalla 2 will be up for grabs

May 10, 2017 at 7:45 AM Post #21,743 of 40,716
Hi this is my headphone setup at the moment, I have been into radio's since I was 4 years old. I still look up to my brother and his setup. My setup consist of a Cambridge CXC CD transporter with a built-in S3 servo, a Cambridge CXN Network player with built-in dual Dan's and an Upsampler for all digital inputs. I have the CXN connected to the Cambridge CXA60 via rca's. I can connect the CXN via Balanced Xlr. Cables to the headphone amp. The headphone amp is an Arcam R head. It's all together quiet a musical sounding setup, I like pop, Indie, folk happy music and all of that rolled up into one. My headphone are Bowers and Wilkins P7 Wireless
DSC_0379.JPG
DSC_0379.JPG
DSC_0379.JPG
DSC_0254.JPG

May 10, 2017 at 10:51 PM Post #21,744 of 40,716
IMG_0192.jpg
IMG_0193.jpg

Just added the Nakamichi CR-2a and am recording a just-opened, sealed 1976 RCA release of BowieChangesOne onto a NOS TDK D-90.

It's like going back in time...

May 15, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #21,745 of 40,716

Just added the Nakamichi CR-2a and am recording a just-opened, sealed 1976 RCA release of BowieChangesOne onto a NOS TDK D-90.

It's like going back in time...

Awesome setup you have Krutsch, it's nice to see a tape cassette. I like the quality you get from tapes, sometime a slight surface noise from older ones. I heard a really depressing Eminem song called Stan on a tape cassette whilst in a car once, it was raining so my dad had to use the windscreen wipers. I kind of got lost in the story of the song with the sound effects. Plus the tape was really old. Did you happen to make mixtapes or record when from the radio when you where younger?

May 15, 2017 at 10:19 PM Post #21,746 of 40,716
Awesome setup you have Krutsch, it's nice to see a tape cassette. I like the quality you get from tapes, sometime a slight surface noise from older ones. I heard a really depressing Eminem song called Stan on a tape cassette whilst in a car once, it was raining so my dad had to use the windscreen wipers. I kind of got lost in the story of the song with the sound effects. Plus the tape was really old. Did you happen to make mixtapes or record when from the radio when you where younger?

I'm 52 tears old so, yes :L3000:

Actually, I have more than a hundred playlists in iTunes, many of which are carry overs from my mix tape (and later, MiniDisc) days.

I am having a lot of fun making tapes from my old (pre-digital) vinyl collection. The vintage decks are plentiful on eBay and elsewhere, but good NOS blank tapes are out of control expensive (a lot like tubes, now).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back