Shanling M2 DAP
Apr 20, 2017 at 12:36 AM Post #1,276 of 1,348
I still have to reset the M2 all the time.  I just use the little pin which covers my unused jack (either headphone or line out).  But I love the sound of the little unit so I put up with the minor hassles.  

Then again I have trouble with the M1 running out of power when it has not been used in a while.  I suppose I am not putting it to sleep properly.

First world problems.

Apr 20, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #1,278 of 1,348
So my fully charged M2 was down to 1 bar after less than 3 hours and some of that time was on standby.  Please tell me this is not normal.

Please ugrade the newest fw 3.1:)

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
May 8, 2017 at 3:59 PM Post #1,281 of 1,348
Is there a way to do a full reset of the eprom on the M2 and then reinstall the firmware? This thing has never been right, and now the volume seems to be fluctuate when I have to do a reset. For instance, when I put the M2 on pause and then hit resume it often will require me to reset it. After I reset it, it sounds quieter than it did before. Plus the battery life is maybe 4 hrs more like 3.5 hrs in high gain mode.

May 9, 2017 at 7:42 PM Post #1,283 of 1,348
Helmet

Maybe your unit has a hardware problem

In the meantime maybe try some older firmware? I know a few users swear by 1.x as they think it sounds more analog

Personally 3.1 generally works for me. As mentioned I do reset the unit from time to time

I paid the asking price for a DAP that should be working properly. Also 3.5 hours of run time is beyond unacceptable, It's less than half of what they advertise. I appreciate your input. Shanling did finally get back to me and hopefully there will be a resolution to this disaster of a DAP. Just waiting to hear from a representative.

May 10, 2017 at 6:03 PM Post #1,284 of 1,348
I paid the asking price for a DAP that should be working properly. Also 3.5 hours of run time is beyond unacceptable, It's less than half of what they advertise. I appreciate your input. Shanling did finally get back to me and hopefully there will be a resolution to this disaster of a DAP. Just waiting to hear from a representative.

Runtime on firmware 2.1 is pretty good. I get at least 10 hours out of a single charge.
Edit: Running with low gain setting on AKG K545.

Last edited:
May 12, 2017 at 11:35 PM Post #1,289 of 1,348

I think I asked before, but is there a reason you didn't just ask the seller to replace it? It seems you have problems others just aren't having, bro...

May 12, 2017 at 11:59 PM Post #1,290 of 1,348
I think I asked before, but is there a reason you didn't just ask the seller to replace it? It seems you have problems others just aren't having, bro...
Shanling suggested the same thing. Well I called Amazon about and told them that I have been having nothing but trouble with it and they suggested going to Shanling. I contacted Shanling and suggested I ship it back, but i told them that I would not spend another dime on the unit and that I was not going to pay to ship it back. They asked Where I was located and for my e-mail address and that's where we stand. That was a couple of days ago. Honestly I don't think I even have 70 hrs of actual listening with the M2. Honestly i don't see myself buying any of their products ever again. There are just too many companies willing to do right by their customers and i don't believe Shanling is one of them. By the way the Output impedance is 4.6 Ohms for the M2. They did tell me that. I suggested that they post it to the forum, but i haven't seen it yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back