Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Jun 28, 2017 at 10:02 PM Post #3,392 of 4,141
Still December for ship date. I would love a pair just not sure about December.

Same here!

they are over flooding the market and bring the need/want of the hd650 down.

The retail stores are the ones that suffer in this drop, they won't be able to sell the hd650 and retain the margin they want.

Wishful thinking - now if Sennheiser gives the go signal to also "drop" thier prices to $200 for the HD650, that would be nice! I'll immediately rush to a local store and get one :grin:

Jun 28, 2017 at 10:03 PM Post #3,393 of 4,141
I don't need a second one, do I?

:thinking:

Jun 28, 2017 at 10:06 PM Post #3,394 of 4,141
I don't need a second one, do I?

:thinking:
Well you can sell me your current pair so I don't have to wait and order a new pair. :gs1000smile::gs1000smile::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Well didn't think that would work.

Jun 28, 2017 at 11:01 PM Post #3,396 of 4,141
Is it worth it to pull the trigger on these if I have the HD600? Kinda hard not to bite at that price.

If you have ever wanted to compare, this would be the perfect chance. You'll most likely be able to resell them for full price, less shipping, is you decide to only keep your 600.

Jun 28, 2017 at 11:19 PM Post #3,397 of 4,141
Since there's now a second drop, I'm assuming these cans will be a semi-regular occurrence on Massdrop. One drop a year doesn't sound too bad and won't absolutely obliterate the HD 650 sales.

Jun 29, 2017 at 11:51 AM Post #3,399 of 4,141
Hi

I am new to massdrop website and the whole idea behind it. So, excuse my bluntness please when I ask you straight: how reliable is this project? Am I right in understanding that massdrop guys collect money now and promise to ship HD6XX in December? Who can guarantee that they will not run away before December with all the money collected?

Also, why are these headphones called HD6XX and not HD650? To avoid future legal issues when it will turn out that HD6XX is not even remotely close to HD650?
I think Massdrop is as safe as about any other online seller. They have been around and proved their self over the years with many transactions.

Jun 29, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #3,401 of 4,141
I think Massdrop is as safe as about any other online seller. They have been around and proved their self over the years with many transactions.
Massdrop is a San Francisco startup that has raised $47M from investors. As with most startups, they are probably not profitable yet but should have enough cash to run for awhile. The investors are motivated to have Massdrop do well and become a target for acquisition (e.g. by Amazon or Walmart).
https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/massdrop#/entity

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2017 at 4:52 PM Post #3,402 of 4,141
Massdrop is celebrating their 5th anniversary right now. In the past year, they've added a ton of new categories, like clothing, shoes, knives, kitchen supplies, etc. They're not going anywhere soon. They'd be sold before they had to close shop IMO. I can't imagine it takes that many people to run, most employees are probably in their wearhouse in NJ. They shouldn't have much overhead, but I don't know for sure. The HD6XX had something like 70,000 requests. That is for a HEADPHONE. They'll sell out this drop I'm sure, and continue to sell most headphone gear in good numbers.

As they get into new areas, and word gets out to people with interest in these new "departments", they'll just get bigger and bigger. I think they've been pretty smart with their growth, unlike LeEco, who basically grew themselves into destruction.

I've personally bought about 20 items from them, and will continue to shop with them without any fear. Love Massdrop!

Jun 29, 2017 at 6:17 PM Post #3,403 of 4,141
I live in Portugal. Will I have to pay customs? Does it ship from the USA?

Jun 29, 2017 at 6:41 PM Post #3,404 of 4,141
Im a fan of Massdrop too. They do seem to care about providing a good value to people and not simply trying to price gauge the absolute max amount of dollars they can get per sale.

And I think that's refreshing in a world where increasingly few companies care about that.

Jun 29, 2017 at 6:45 PM Post #3,405 of 4,141
Yes, just after I had put in the request for the HD 650 cable. I'll just leave it to Sennheiser to decide how to handle my request... At any rate, I also use the HD600 in my office, so it wouldn't really hurt for me to get a spare HD650/6XX cable.
I know this has been covered in ad nausium before but still I would appreciate your input. I currently have an HD 600 running off a Valhalla 2. I just joint the new drop that started 6/26 for the HD6xx. How do enjoy owning both and is it just redundant. Thanks, Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back