Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
May 1, 2017 at 5:44 PM Post #3,361 of 3,671
I just bought a set of Momentum 2.0 Over-Ear headphones used, but they're coming without any cables (just the headphones). My question is, how much does it matter that replacement cables have the little interlocking notch to keep the cable in place? For instance, I'm thinking of buying this cable: http://www.ebay.com/itm/400976481845 (I don't care about remote/mic). Would they not fit in/fall out of place too easily? Has anyone tried something similar?

May 6, 2017 at 7:57 AM Post #3,362 of 3,671
Not sure if its just me but these headphones about a week ago became really bassy like subwoofer class like your mid range subs its strange like they were okay when i got the app now the bass suddenly became overpowered i turned all equilizers off. Im really happy with them just curious on why it took them this long for them to become great. I heard Burn ins were a myth im just curious why the became like they are now like my friend who has wireless ones sound exactly the same to mine just the bass on mine are sharper. Anyone have much of a idea why these headphones when i first got them sounded tinny now they sound like what everyone promises subwoofer like.

May 7, 2017 at 5:09 PM Post #3,363 of 3,671
When I connect the headphones to my laptop, volume 100 (on the laptop) and max on the headset, it's still not loud, it's just normal. Phone is even less. Is that normal that the sound is so low without the wires? With the wires it's much better, but what's the point of a wireless headphone then...

May 9, 2017 at 5:39 AM Post #3,364 of 3,671
Hi, guys. My new Momentum M2 Wireless straight out of shop just came to me and I'm struggling two major issues:

- I have problems with Bluetooth transmission, mostly in Warsaw centrum. At home or in my office it seems okay,
- I hear significant noise/hiss in right cup (the one with control buttons). After turning headphones on it is quite low and I can barely notice it, but it grows louder in time until it reach levels which makes whole listening experience annoying, especially with silent parts of music.

My mobile device is Huawei P9 - is there someone who tried Wireless Momentums with this mobile?
I've been doing some reading and I found transmission may vary depend on device. It's important for me because I'm planning to buy Note 8 when it appears on market or just regular Galaxy S8 instead, so Bluetooth issume might be solved then.

Hiss from right cup is greater problem though; I found that some users experienced it, but this isssue is rather rare. I'm curious if it also depends on locations (for example my capital city centrum isn't quite suitable for this model...) or it's just factory defect and I have to contact customer service (if yes, what do they offer?).

My heart is broken because headphones sounds brilliant for me and met my expectations for mobile device. I can live with Bluetooth transmissions problems, yet this hiss - only from right side - is too much for me.

May 11, 2017 at 12:53 AM Post #3,365 of 3,671
Hi,

I acquired a pair of Momentum wireless from a friend and would like to verify its authenticity. My first question is: are there any M2BT counterfeits? I haven't read anything about it. I guess it's too much hassle to duplicate it?

I do find the wireless mode sounds way inferior to Momentum 2.0 wired ones. However, when it's wired it sounds almost as good as M2.

So I would like to ask those of you who own M2BT, can you check what's inside your earcups?

In my right cup, I have this information:

MSIP-CMM-SE9-M2AEBT
CMIIT ID: 2014DJ6391
201-150012
CCAI15LP0110T3

In my left cup, I have the serial number (or I believe it is) next to a Sennheiser sticker and a QR code.

Would you please check if yours have the same info inside the cups?

Much appreciate any help asap!

May 11, 2017 at 9:59 AM Post #3,366 of 3,671
Maybe I am looking the wrong place, but I have NOTHING written in either earcup of my Sennheiser Momentu. 2.0 AE Wireless(!?)

May 11, 2017 at 11:19 AM Post #3,367 of 3,671
I just bought a set of Momentum 2.0 Over-Ear headphones used, but they're coming without any cables (just the headphones). My question is, how much does it matter that replacement cables have the little interlocking notch to keep the cable in place? For instance, I'm thinking of buying this cable: http://www.ebay.com/itm/400976481845 (I don't care about remote/mic). Would they not fit in/fall out of place too easily? Has anyone tried something similar?
I have been using this cable with my with my M2 wired for about 2 years, and it's solid. Good build, good sound, and decently priced @ <$11 -> http://www.ebay.com/itm/5N-OFC-Soft...r-Momentum-Over-On-Ear-Headset-/262925494984?
Here it is with a Mic just in case -> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hi-OFC-With...-Sennheiser-Momentum-Over-On-Ear/252846581060

The one you linked seems like it should be fine, just keep in mind the hole for the cable is longer and more narrow than the standard connector because of the twist lock mechanism. I mean, yeah, it's <$4.

May 11, 2017 at 6:41 PM Post #3,369 of 3,671
Ok ok. No, I didn't, sorry!

May 19, 2017 at 7:15 PM Post #3,370 of 3,671
Does the momentum wireless sound decent connected wirelessly to an iPhone seeing as it lacks aptx and the momentum doesn't support aac? Would it be worth getting a phone with aptx or is the difference not noticeable?

May 26, 2017 at 5:14 AM Post #3,372 of 3,671
I have no issues with static noise. Latest version is indeed the revision 2.

May 27, 2017 at 8:56 AM Post #3,374 of 3,671
Does the momentum wireless sound decent connected wirelessly to an iPhone seeing as it lacks aptx and the momentum doesn't support aac? Would it be worth getting a phone with aptx or is the difference not noticeable?
Most reviews you see online from consumer-oriented websites are done with Momentum Wireless over SBC. It sounds good but nowhere as good as the wired version. It's still one of the best options around if you absolutely need wireless for some reason.

B&W P7 supports AAC and is better sounding in general, but the comfort (lack of it) on those is a killer. Momentums, however, are one of the most comfortable mobile/lifestyle headphones on the market — funny, considering how the first Momentum release was a complete disaster.

Jun 5, 2017 at 4:35 PM Post #3,375 of 3,671
Hi,

I acquired a pair of Momentum wireless from a friend and would like to verify its authenticity. My first question is: are there any M2BT counterfeits? I haven't read anything about it. I guess it's too much hassle to duplicate it?

I do find the wireless mode sounds way inferior to Momentum 2.0 wired ones. However, when it's wired it sounds almost as good as M2.

So I would like to ask those of you who own M2BT, can you check what's inside your earcups?

In my right cup, I have this information:

MSIP-CMM-SE9-M2AEBT
CMIIT ID: 2014DJ6391
201-150012
CCAI15LP0110T3

In my left cup, I have the serial number (or I believe it is) next to a Sennheiser sticker and a QR code.

Would you please check if yours have the same info inside the cups?

Much appreciate any help asap!

Hi,
you can verify if they are original by registering them to the sennheiser website. This will also grant you 2 years of warranty, in case of failures or defects.
Here is the UK page,

http://en-uk.sennheiser.com/service-support-services-register-your-product

Speaking of the bluetooth connection: I have the Momentum 2.0 Wireless. I only have problems when two devices are connected to my phone and are trying to communicate at the same time, and nothing happens in other areas. I tested it in the London Underground, with lots of people using smartwatches, phones, qc 35's, and so on, and never had a problem. With the little hissle, though, you may have to contact support and possibly ask for a replacement.

Yet, i have no serial numbers inside my earcups. Try registering them, and see if they are original.

As for the sound quality , for me, they sound very good both wireless and wired, with little difference between the two. I can only hear a wider sound stage, more refined vocals and details, but the difference isn't THAT big. Some of my firends even said they sound exactly the same.

Now, i would like the opinion of some of you guy's. I use an s7 edge and an ultrabook, both bluetooth 4.2, to power my momentum. Thing is, via bluetooth, the quality, sound stage, and details are noticeably better when playing THE SAME SONG flac on my laptop than on my phone. I may be wrong, but in theory the difference should be zero right? Being the song played via bluetooth, it has to be compresse by the A2DP, aptx, codec in both devices right? Still, i get noticeably more volume, more clarity on my laptop. And the difference between wired and not on my laptop is pretty much non existent. Some theory?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back