Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
May 12, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #6,886 of 7,990
Yes dont get me wrong, BL is a very nice sounding dac amp and i was impressed that it almost matched mojos razor sharp precision. There was only a very slight graininess in the treble in comparison and it can drive iems and headphones just as well. The only issue i had with mine was the channel imbalance at lower volumes.

It is indeed a swiss army knife, i actually recommend it to people that like to game and watch movies as much as listen to music. I enjoyed using the 3D switch and bass boost while gaming quite a lot.

Anyway back to IE800, id like to know if Sennheiser has an successor planned, but with that said IE800 is going to be very hard to beat. Its still a world class iem.

Oh yes. I am really curious if they have a successor in mind. Ie800 has been my top go-to IEM. It's been 3 years now!!!

A IEM that stays your favorite for 3 freaking years must be that good!!!

Forget the part with IEM, I forgot the last time I had a device for this long! The only other device that lasted me a lot of time has been FiiO X5ii, but man, ie800 still manages to impress me even after 3 freaking years. If they come with a successor, I cannot wait to see what they bring to the table!

May 12, 2017 at 2:49 PM Post #6,887 of 7,990
Finally I received the Snug Pro, extremly tight fitting, curious to hear the differences.

Attachments

• IMG_3768.jpg
    IMG_3768.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
May 12, 2017 at 9:44 PM Post #6,893 of 7,990
I got them yesterday, i just started try them today, they definitely affect the sound, I need time to compare them to the regular tips.
Right now the only negative aspect is the fitting, thy are really tight, may be too much, it took some time to learn how to insert them.
I never had this problem with any of the ciem I have.
Yes, the color is quite to vibrant, I think black a better color after all.

How are your, do they fit tight too?

May 12, 2017 at 10:48 PM Post #6,894 of 7,990
I got them yesterday, i just started try them today, they definitely affect the sound, I need time to compare them to the regular tips.
Right now the only negative aspect is the fitting, thy are really tight, may be too much, it took some time to learn how to insert them.
I never had this problem with any of the ciem I have.
Yes, the color is quite to vibrant, I think black a better color after all.

How are your, do they fit tight too?

My impression was done with a 1" bite block, it fits fine.
I'd be more worried about a loose fit though than an over tight, let them warm up to body temperature in your ears and the silicone may soften slightly.
You could also try the creme they come with to help with fit.

About the sound though, some people say its way too much sub bass and same highs or same basss but smoother highs.
Report back when youve had some time with them! :grin:

Edit; I havent mentioned what changes i hear because i dont want to inlfuence your impressions, i will say after you give yours.

Last edited:
May 15, 2017 at 10:02 PM Post #6,897 of 7,990
Hi, George, thank you very much! Yeah, it's not effecient for you to mail to US. I'll wait for someone in US. I saw 800's tips are sold on several place. But I only want the large round one, so I thought it might be better to ask first at here.

May 15, 2017 at 10:04 PM Post #6,898 of 7,990
Hi, George, thank you very much! Yeah, it's not effecient for you to mail to US. I'll wait for someone in US. I saw 800's tips are sold on several place. But I only want the large round one, so I thought it might be better to ask first at here.

I hope someone manages to get you a pair of tips and that you'll be able to enjoy ie800 again! ♡

May 17, 2017 at 5:22 AM Post #6,899 of 7,990

Do you have a pair of the medium large ovals? Perhaps we can trade. I'd only be interested in authentic versions ... as mine are. Please PM me if interested.

May 17, 2017 at 7:02 PM Post #6,900 of 7,990
@Sennheiser

I got a call from a Sergio I think (hard to hear) saying I can't buy the ie800 separately? I have to really buy the whole thing?

I thought the pocket solution would be available as its own thing. Disappointing if I understand correctly.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back