Sennheiser HD 1 Wireless over ear Question
Mar 8, 2017 at 3:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Garth Baider

New Head-Fier
Hello,

After giving some time to see if the hd 1 wireless would become more comfortable after breaking them in (wearing them for many hours), I assumed they would no longer make my earlobes sore after 1-3 hours of use. However they continue to cause discomfort and I would like to know if there is something I could do to remedy this problem as other than the discomfort, everything else about the hd 1 wireless is amazing. I would like to wear them all day long, only taking them off for brief periods such as having a conversation with someone. I have been looking into finding earpads that would fit them but be slightly wider and thicker just in case that is the problem but I am having no luck in insuring compatibility with the hd 1 wireless headset(I am unsure if my ears are rubbing against the speaker inside or if the problem is caused by the earpads themselves). The area of my ears that is usually feeling uncomfortable is near the tops of my ears. Any help would be much appreciated.

Mar 8, 2017 at 9:29 PM Post #2 of 11
  Hello,

After giving some time to see if the hd 1 wireless would become more comfortable after breaking them in (wearing them for many hours), I assumed they would no longer make my earlobes sore after 1-3 hours of use. However they continue to cause discomfort and I would like to know if there is something I could do to remedy this problem as other than the discomfort, everything else about the hd 1 wireless is amazing. I would like to wear them all day long, only taking them off for brief periods such as having a conversation with someone. I have been looking into finding earpads that would fit them but be slightly wider and thicker just in case that is the problem but I am having no luck in insuring compatibility with the hd 1 wireless headset(I am unsure if my ears are rubbing against the speaker inside or if the problem is caused by the earpads themselves). The area of my ears that is usually feeling uncomfortable is near the tops of my ears. Any help would be much appreciated.

I'm confused. Is it your earlobes or the tops of your ears (the helix) that is uncomfortable?

Mar 8, 2017 at 10:28 PM Post #4 of 11
  Wow, i feel dumb. Around the Helix/Scapha region. (top)

I guess the real question is, is the cup too shallow, or is it not a large enough diameter? Do you have a feel for which of these two it is most likely to be? If you can sort this out, then you can try to find a replacement pad that addresses that specific concern.

Mar 9, 2017 at 8:09 AM Post #9 of 11
Havn't found Sennheiser's specs for the dimensions yet, i wanted to compare them to the measurements I came up with.

Space inside earpads
Width= about 1 ¼ inch
Height=about 2 ¼ inch
Depth= about ¾’s inch (from beside the speaker that sticks out about 1/16'th an inch, hard to get a good measurement on that with my tape measure)

Ears
Width= about 1 inch
Height= about 2 ½ inch
Depth= about ¾’s inch

May 15, 2017 at 1:05 AM Post #10 of 11
The HD 1 Momentum 2 ,Being Bluetooth and the RS Sennheiser wireless series is beamed through a transmitter, still can anyone compare for me the audio quality? In the past Bluetooth was known to be the lesser audio HD. And today with the HD 1?? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back