Sennheiser GSX 1000 or Sound blasterX G5 with HD 598 Cs
Dec 21, 2016 at 3:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Rakusa

New Head-Fier
Hello all,

I've bought a pair of HD 598 Cs during black friday and when I play games there's a background noise. I started searching for a DAC and got interested in the gsx 1000 or creative g5.
The games i play where sound is the most important is R6 Siege and CSGO (didnt play CS in the last year, so for now siege > cs in need of sound quality). I'm worrying that the combo of 598 cs and gsx 1000 will have "too much" bass in that game, with only preset EQ to adjust. 
I found a video where we can listen to gsx vs sbx in r6 siege, but im not sure how good that is to compare.

So which one would be best in my case and/or in general? i'm still open for other DAC (budget max is around 300$ CAD) and i prefer virtual surround, i find it easier to find where the sound is coming from.
Thank you!

Apr 28, 2017 at 4:04 PM Post #2 of 3
If you're doing PC gaming only, I would keep it in the Sennheiser family and get the GSX 1000 for the HD 598. Although there are less customization options than the G5, the 2.0 for music and the 7.1 for gaming sound really good. If you need a voice changer or love to fine tune your sound to your liking with deeper customization options, go for the G5. Also if you're on a console and want to power high impedance headphones the G5 is your only choice as the GSX 1000 has no optical input to work with a console. Also Sennheiser promotes using their amps with their headphones so I believe there is an underlying connection in doing so.

Apr 29, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #3 of 3
Asus Xonar DG ($25) or DGX ($40) sound card (for headphone surround sound).
Hifimediy optical DAC, $59
Schiit Magni or O2 (Objective 2) headphone amplifer.
Buy the amp used off eBay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back