Seiun player, $150 player with monster spec. Too good to be true?
Jun 6, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #1,441 of 1,652
Saw that too. Disappointing, again. Not sure what issues they are having or where the blame lies, but over the past 2 years CyberDrive's transparency, honesty, and communication is definitely at fault. Which has certainly hurt their credibility. Hopefully if we ever get the products we helped fund, they will still be relavent and work well.
I could still use a good DAP for the price i paid. HOPEfully by August, now.

Jun 6, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #1,442 of 1,652
i guess the only good news (for PHA backers) is this is the first MENTION of the PHA in quite a while...Guess thats a confirmation the PHA is at least in the same boat as the PRO-X (and all the other crap we didnt know about).

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2017 at 4:45 PM Post #1,446 of 1,652
CD are making the final, final, final, final (final) preparations and hope to deliver to all backers soon - joke, here's the latest from Szu Chen still no formal update or reason given for the delay mind you. .

"we will be working on the PHA production in this week. The supervisor released that we hope to complete the PHA products at the end of the July. Pro X will work in the mid-July, and hope to complete the product at the end of August. Thank you."

Jun 8, 2017 at 9:50 AM Post #1,451 of 1,652
I think they are afraid to make an official update. That might be a good thing. It would mean that they take us seriously and that it might not be a total scam. The next official update better be the one everyone wants to hear may be what they're thinking.

Jun 8, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #1,452 of 1,652
I think they are afraid to make an official update. That might be a good thing. It would mean that they take us seriously and that it might not be a total scam. The next official update better be the one everyone wants to hear may be what they're thinking.

You are giving them credit for having ethical business practices and so far their actions have shown otherwise. If we ever get these things, we will be lucky. Just my 2c worth.

Jun 13, 2017 at 9:48 AM Post #1,453 of 1,652
Guess everyone has seen the "official" update today?
PRO-X: "probably going to produce PRO X in mid-July and hope to complete all the final products at the end of August."
Guess the key words being PROBABLY and HOPE.
so all we can do is keep on hoping and waiting. :frowning2:

Jun 13, 2017 at 10:49 AM Post #1,454 of 1,652
it wasn't an official update, just a comment by Sue. Why hasn't an official update been given?

They made an official update today:
"
Dear all,
Thanks for your patience and understanding. We are sorry the update took a little bit longer because of our RD & operation office's move in Taipei in June. Our team members are trying to catch up all the works as soon as we can.

The campaign supervisor summarize the following information to share to all the backers:

1. PHA production is going to start in mid June.
Our team has been trying to solve all the long lead-time components with many suppliers; to keep the best schedule and product quality, we have to manage some discussions with many suppliers and wait for their responses. The back and forth response time took us very long on our preparations time. Finally, we complete preparations and will start to the production soon. Our target is to start the PHA on Mid-June and to finish up at end of July to delivery the final PHA works to backers.

2. PRO X/PRO will plan to work in Mid-July.
PRO X/PRO is a very complicated device with a lot of key components combination. Some long-lead-time components were difficult to manage and organize the delivery schedule on our target plan, but our team has been working the best to our backers. Now, we are happy to share the production schedule to backers that we are probably going to produce PRO X in mid-July and hope to complete all the final products at the end of August.

We are sorry that the shipping schedule can not reach some expectations. We understand we have lost some customers because of the shipping and production schedule, but to keep great and good quality products are our priority. We are sorry for any inconvenience.

In regard to the refund issue: If anyone is looking for a refund, please kindly send an official refund request to contact@cyberdrive.co and we follow up your request on the company standard procedures. All the refunds will be 90% from your original amount and all the backers have the same refund rules.

On the last period of working steps, we would like to thank all the feedback and support to us. Cyberdrive will continue working on the Hi-Res industry and will provide the best products to all these supporters. Thank you for being supportive to us.

Sincerely,
The Cyberdrive Team
"

Jun 14, 2017 at 12:45 PM Post #1,455 of 1,652
Guess everyone has seen the "official" update today?
PRO-X: "probably going to produce PRO X in mid-July and hope to complete all the final products at the end of August."
Guess the key words being PROBABLY and HOPE.
so all we can do is keep on hoping and waiting. :frowning2:
I'm with you on this one.
Even with this new update, I'm pretty sure nothing concrete will come out of this. For once, they give "targets", but these are production targets, not delivery targets, so it is still very vague.

Can you see how they now announce the PHA dac/amp BEFORE the ProX, when they've been silent about the PHA for over 6 months ?
Looks weird to me, I'd think they would/should focus on the DAP first (even though I only backed up the DAC) since it was the main item of the campaign...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back