Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread
Jul 26, 2017 at 6:41 PM Post #1,457 of 1,697
Anyone have problems using the analog input on the fulla 2? I've got the headphone jack on an iphone 6 connected to the front analog input with a stereo 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable: no sound. Any idea what I might be doing wrong, or do I have a lemon?

Works fine connecting the iphone to the Fulla through the CCK and a usb cable, but I'm kind of annoyed at how easily the Lightning cable pulls out, cutting playback or causing wierd glitches. My assumption is that the Fulla's DAC isn't going to be *that* much of an improvement over the iPhone 6's?

Jul 26, 2017 at 8:57 PM Post #1,458 of 1,697
Anyone have problems using the analog input on the fulla 2? I've got the headphone jack on an iphone 6 connected to the front analog input with a stereo 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable: no sound. Any idea what I might be doing wrong, or do I have a lemon?

Works fine connecting the iphone to the Fulla through the CCK and a usb cable, but I'm kind of annoyed at how easily the Lightning cable pulls out, cutting playback or causing wierd glitches. My assumption is that the Fulla's DAC isn't going to be *that* much of an improvement over the iPhone 6's?
I use the analog in almost every day. I haven't had any problems once I figured out the proper way to do it.

I plug my Fulla's USB power in (not USB audio), then the 3.5mm into the left-hand jack and IEM into right-hand jack. Then I twiddle the knob to get to the perfect volume

Aug 14, 2017 at 5:14 PM Post #1,459 of 1,697
Picked one up a few weeks ago. No QC issues. A little bright with my headphones (ATH-AD900X), but UAPP helped with that.
Newbie. Loved music all my life, now its becoming an obsession. Modi and Magni are up next.

I think i like this schiit!

Aug 15, 2017 at 3:19 AM Post #1,460 of 1,697
My 3rd fulla 2 just developed a scratchy pot after a few months. Must of turned it about 40-50 times as I usually leave it alone. Can't justify getting another. Love the design and product but disappointed by the flaws. Will have another shot with an updated version if it comes

Aug 15, 2017 at 4:15 AM Post #1,461 of 1,697
When did you get your Fulla 2?

Aug 16, 2017 at 4:38 PM Post #1,463 of 1,697
I was looking forward to getting this after my original Fulla developed noise in several spots on the volume knob conveniently after the 1-year warranty expired, shame it's still a problem and they didn't add a gain switch either.

Aug 17, 2017 at 11:38 AM Post #1,464 of 1,697
My 3rd fulla 2 just developed a scratchy pot after a few months. Must of turned it about 40-50 times as I usually leave it alone. Can't justify getting another. Love the design and product but disappointed by the flaws. Will have another shot with an updated version if it comes

I was looking forward to getting this after my original Fulla developed noise in several spots on the volume knob conveniently after the 1-year warranty expired, shame it's still a problem and they didn't add a gain switch either.

Has anyone tried spraying some contact cleaner into the Fulla's volume control? Like CRC or DeoxIt? Deoxit also comes in brush-on liquid form.

Aug 25, 2017 at 9:28 AM Post #1,465 of 1,697
Excuse my ignorance, but if I wanted to use the F2 with my iPhone 6, do I need to set the volume of my Iphone 6 to zero or max? Lastly, will I be able to use both dac/amp functionality of the F2 with my iPhone 6? FYI, I only have experience with using the Dragonfly Red which is essentially plug-and-play. Any input would be very much appreciated.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2017 at 7:13 PM Post #1,468 of 1,697
I just tried some of the brush form (D100L) but it didn't seem to make a difference. I'm not sure where to apply it. All around the green pot, or is the problem more underneath the knob?

It's easier with a spray, but still possible with your brush.

You need to get it inside the pot, like this guy does here:

Aug 27, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #1,469 of 1,697
It's easier with a spray, but still possible with your brush.

You need to get it inside the pot, like this guy does here:

Thanks. I don't know if I got it inside the pot (since I didn't see an opening), but applying even more (probably way too much) eventually seemed to remove the sound. I just brushed it every place I could. But I don't understand why a new product would need this done. Isn't it for old equipment? Are they using old parts?

Aug 27, 2017 at 4:00 PM Post #1,470 of 1,697
Thanks. I don't know if I got it inside the pot (since I didn't see an opening), but applying even more (probably way too much) eventually seemed to remove the sound. I just brushed it every place I could. But I don't understand why a new product would need this done. Isn't it for old equipment? Are they using old parts?
I've guessing they got a bad batch of pots from a supplier. During manufacturing some dirt or other material got in there, or maybe there are defects on a contact surface. I doubt this happened during the contract assembly stage that Schiit has more direct control over, or that they intentionally purchased a part like this. Just a guess based on past painful experience. Main thing is, congratulations on getting that sound out of there. And don't worry: it's hard to use too much of that stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back