Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread
Apr 9, 2017 at 2:05 AM Post #1,381 of 1,697
Bummer about the issues you all up thread have had...

Going on month four of almost daily use and no issues. I don't fiddle with the volume knob much, stays at about 1:30. No scratching, imbalance, buzzing. As I've mentioned I'm feeding a little Yamaha mini system with an older iBook.

Really just logged in to add that I had to pull my old laptop to use it for a week at the hanger. Just fed my Yamaha, it has USB and iPod ports, with my pad or phone. Was a busy week but after I was able to return home with the iBook and plug my Fulla-II back into the system: WOW. It was amazing to notice the sound quality increase.

Noticed some time during the first month I liked how well well separated instruments sounded. Belefonty at Carnigy hall from a ripped disc was fun. But the first thing I listened to after getting my iBook back was Elvis Costello's My Aim is True from a ripped disc as well. I had a couple copies in vinyl back in the day so I am vary familiar with it. Anyway, I hit play and turned up the volume a little more then usual and got lost for a while.

I have a Freya sitting in its box waiting for a pair of vedars, a pair of song 3, and my disposable income to coalesce

M. Paul

Apr 9, 2017 at 9:09 AM Post #1,382 of 1,697
do i need a special OTG cable for my fulla 2 to work? hmm.. i can't seem to be able to use it using my S7 edge and the stock usb connector that came with it. i noticed also that it's a hit or miss. sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. do i need to return this? 

Apr 9, 2017 at 10:23 AM Post #1,383 of 1,697
do i need a special OTG cable for my fulla 2 to work? hmm.. i can't seem to be able to use it using my S7 edge and the stock usb connector that came with it. i noticed also that it's a hit or miss. sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. do i need to return this? 

It works fine with my s7 edge using the stock adapter, but not with every music app. The only one I have that works all the time is USB Audio Player Pro.

Apr 10, 2017 at 7:58 AM Post #1,384 of 1,697

I'm not sure about "special", but you do need an OTG adaptor or cable to use it with most mobile devices, yes. Something like this will do the trick:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/StarTech-8-Inch-Mobile-Device-Adapter/dp/B018M8YEX0/

As I recall, it does actually matter which way around you connect the cable, though. Once you've found which way is correct, put a blob of nail polish on the connector hood at one end, so you never have to guess again.

Apr 10, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #1,385 of 1,697

It works fine with my s7 edge using the stock adapter, but not with every music app. The only one I have that works all the time is USB Audio Player Pro.

UAPP works great with Android OTG and plays nicely with most Samsung models... a very nice app on the simple side but it works!  UAPP instantly detects my DragonFly when it is plugged in and the player opens up.

Apr 18, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #1,386 of 1,697
Hey all! Got my Fulla 2 recently, does anyone have buzzing noise due to wireless interference?

I get noise whenever my phone or wireless mouse is near it... Other than that, dead silent on all my listening devices (quadbeat 2, cx 3.00, ath a700x)

Apr 18, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #1,387 of 1,697
I get small amounts of ticking but nothing I would call buzzing.

Apr 19, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #1,388 of 1,697
My Fulla 2 started having issues with distortion on the right channel. and it sorta bleeds through to the left channel a bit. I've tried plugging my headphone straight into the laptop to test if I can turn on/off the problem, and yes it's the Fulla 2.

This is also in addition to the scratchy pot when I turn the volume knob.

I put in a ticket on the Schiit website, I hope they get this fixed, or else I'd be very disappointed.

Maybe I should try a Dragonfly in the meantime?

EDIT: Schiit got back to me and is trying to troubleshoot it. Suggested maybe it's my 1/4 to 1/8 adapter. Gotta find another one to swap and check again

EDIT 2: Looks like its my adapter (Sennheiser). That's odd. I'm looking for alternate adapters now

Apr 20, 2017 at 5:08 AM Post #1,389 of 1,697
I get small amounts of ticking but nothing I would call buzzing.

I would get ticking from my phone, and buzzing from my mouse (when I'm moving it). Could you describe how loud it is? Cause for me the ticking is incredibly noticeable and distracts me from my music. I have to put my phone around 2 arms length away for it to stop picking up ticking noise.

Apr 20, 2017 at 7:01 AM Post #1,390 of 1,697
Only extremely minor ticks for me. Phone just has to sit about a foot away. No issues when moving the mouse either.

Apr 20, 2017 at 7:11 AM Post #1,391 of 1,697
I had my phone sitting right next to mine for the first few hours at work yesterday and didn't notice any noise until I started getting texts.

May 2, 2017 at 10:42 AM Post #1,393 of 1,697
May 2, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #1,394 of 1,697
Would you guys say the fulla 2 is capable of competing against something like the Audio-gd 11.32?

May 2, 2017 at 8:16 PM Post #1,395 of 1,697
The fulla 2 works great with the iPhone 6. I use this combo every day. You'll need a lightning to camera adapter. I use the lightning to USB 3 camera adapter:

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/...2769e67a587e01e662337b7c9efa5ea13929f849ba4d9

With this adapter you only need one connection to the fulla 2 (you don't need separate power)

In my case, I need at least one separate power for camera adapter or Fulla 2 to use Fulla 2 from iPhone 6 Plus.
(USB camera adapter accepts one lightning power cable to charge iPhone while playing music through USB)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back