RUIZU A50 HD - anyone know anything about this player? Or what do you think?
Jun 6, 2017 at 3:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 139

gegatron

New Head-Fier
Loving this players form factor. Love the wheel as well. Contacted them and they said you cant use the wheel to FF and FRW, which I was really hoping for because I need to FF and FRW very fast. I listed to long songs.

But, wht do you guys think? Anyone heard anything about this player? Seems good with DSD support even though I am not sure even if i use this.

I have Fioo M3 right now and hate how it operates in terms of functionality and sorting. Really want to replace it for something better.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...er-With-2-5-Inch-Screen-Hifi/32814736724.html

Jun 6, 2017 at 3:50 PM Post #2 of 139
Last edited:
Jun 7, 2017 at 1:43 PM Post #3 of 139
Wow that Shanling is beautiful. A little too high in price for me. Thanks for all that.

I guess I will wait for some review to come out. Seller from the link i posted told me they will post a video soon as well. They told me I can't use the Turn-wheel to FF/FRW. which makes sense. And it is hard to communicate my question 'how fast is the fast-forward'. They probably think im dyslexic or something,

Jun 17, 2017 at 3:09 AM Post #4 of 139
Hello would you do me a small favor and drop a quick review of the Ruizu A50. Just quick impressions of its build quality, sound quality, ease of use, etc.. I'm itching to pull the trigger on this one, but unfortunately, as a college student, my funds are limited, and I wouldn't want to buy something that wouldn't be of reasonable quality. Also, is 70 dollars a good price? Thanks OP.
Loving this players form factor. Love the wheel as well. Contacted them and they said you cant use the wheel to FF and FRW, which I was really hoping for because I need to FF and FRW very fast. I listed to long songs.

But, wht do you guys think? Anyone heard anything about this player? Seems good with DSD support even though I am not sure even if i use this.

I have Fioo M3 right now and hate how it operates in terms of functionality and sorting. Really want to replace it for something better.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...er-With-2-5-Inch-Screen-Hifi/32814736724.html

Jul 5, 2017 at 7:51 AM Post #5 of 139
I saw the price has dropped below $50 (AliExpress:Aoshida-HIFI Audio Store Store).
Just ordered one. It looks great so I just want to have one.
The newer generations of players from China are great value for money.
I will order the Cayin N3 later this month.
Last month I received the Hidizs AP60 and some Benjie, Onn and Ruizu players and they are all great.

Edit: I think you have to be quick. It is more expensive if you look in their store.
Just search on AliExpress for Ruizu A50, the low offering is still there.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2017 at 7:35 AM Post #6 of 139
As usual the interface in the advertisements looks way better than in reality.

19227372_1366251270156786_5052499346902220800_n.jpg

The device has quite sharp edges too.
I expect to receive the one I ordered within a week and let you know my findings.

Jul 16, 2017 at 8:11 PM Post #7 of 139
I expect to receive the one I ordered within a week and let you know my findings.

I will be interested in your findings. Mine was shipped today but will take more than a week to arrive. Probably two or more.

Jul 22, 2017 at 4:04 PM Post #9 of 139
this little player looks very promising, has all the potential to be the quality-price ratio king.
This is getting very close to what I'm looking for, I was going to pull the trigger towardd Hidizs AP60, which also has Bluetooth (nice added feature, but not fundamental to me) but controls don't seem the ideal ones, if we also add this is almost half the price it sounds like a possible sweeter deal, of course it all comes down to how it reproduces music.
I'm a bit worried about battery life tho, when it's not mentioned almost anywere (if not for quick charging capabilities) it may be a sign it will be a weak spot, we'll see, waiting for some impressions from future owners!

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2017 at 4:56 PM Post #10 of 139
The Hidizs AP60 can be controlled from your pocket with only 3 buttons. The power button functions as toggle between Volume Up/Down and Next/Previous Track.
That's quite efficient.
My Ruizu A50 will come monday (it took a week longer because I have been picked out to pay taxes).
From the photo's it has very sharp edges and since there isn't a cover available that might be a small problem.
I'll find out monday.

Jul 22, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #11 of 139
From the photo's it has very sharp edges and since there isn't a cover available that might be a small problem.

Mine came today. Very nice. No problem with the edges for me. Nothing sharp enough to cut. Feels very nice in the hand. I cannot figure out if I can lock the wheel to stop the volume from changing when in my pocket.

Jul 23, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #13 of 139
Yay, tomorrow the mailman will not only bring the Ruizu A50 but also the IQQ C18 and the Nintaus X10!
3 new toys for this 57 years old kid :)

Jul 24, 2017 at 3:02 AM Post #14 of 139
i'm toying with one right now in preparation for a review/write-up. first thing i noticed that it's a bright and fun-sounding DAP. The navigation, combination of scroll wheel and a series of buttons can get a bit clunky. so far, it's been doing nice with my recabled ve monks and a kz zs5 review unit. build quality and materials are pretty good for the price point

Users who are viewing this thread

Back