Rock Jaw Wants to Know....Your Ideal Earphone Design
Mar 24, 2017 at 4:02 PM Post #46 of 88
We already have MMCX on our Resonate hybrid model. Never need to worry about a broken cable again. They fully replaceable on our flagship IEM.

I like the bullet shape idea.

When you co into the rgonomics of a IEM, take ie800 into account. They are just very small so they will fit 99% of the ears out there. Just make them ultra small and they're bund to be good. 

AKG K3003 is less universal because the bore is too big, same for ie80 from sennheiser. 

Bore size is best to be small enough to fit most ear canals if you want to make your IEM as universal as possible. 

Mar 24, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #47 of 88
When you co into the rgonomics of a IEM, take ie800 into account. They are just very small so they will fit 99% of the ears out there. Just make them ultra small and they're bund to be good. 

AKG K3003 is less universal because the bore is too big, same for ie80 from sennheiser. 

Bore size is best to be small enough to fit most ear canals if you want to make your IEM as universal as possible. 

Exactly what I was thinking couldn't agree more with what you are saying.

Mar 24, 2017 at 4:40 PM Post #48 of 88

P.s I give you some reputation.

Mar 24, 2017 at 4:55 PM Post #49 of 88
Just for my pennies worth..( server migration is going well Joe so i can join in 
smile.gif
).....Agree fully with Dobrescu George but a few idea's ... I found from personal experience esp with owning the Klipsch X10's is that when you take them out you cannot "grab" the barrel itself as they are immersed inside the ear. So one pulls on the cable... the weakest link! Have gone through two pairs. Hey i know, should have been  more careful. Klipsch have kinda addressed this prob by making more robust cables inadvertently? But by using and integrating RockJaws already cable system re Resonate model? 

Mar 24, 2017 at 5:04 PM Post #50 of 88

Just for my pennies worth..( server migration is going well Joe so i can join in :smile: ).....Agree fully with Dobrescu George but a few idea's ... I found from personal experience esp with owning the Klipsch X10's is that when you take them out you cannot "grab" the barrel itself as they are immersed inside the ear. So one pulls on the cable... the weakest link! Have gone through two pairs. Hey i know, should have been  more careful. Klipsch have kinda addressed this prob by making more robust cables inadvertently? But by using and integrating RockJaws already cable system re Resonate model? 

Hi Voxie, I can sleep now knowing your server migration is going well. :)

They created an awesome product that effectively became an enemy e.g. weakest link as you mentioned and breaking.

I was going to say take more care lol. It's not exactly cheap.

It could be acheieved indeed Voxie.

Mar 24, 2017 at 5:09 PM Post #52 of 88
I have the Klipsch X10s and X11s. They are not good for wind noise although they are the thinnest IEMs out there. They need far more support so as they can fit comfortably and easily around the ear and be worn over the ear preferably.

Do you mean when you say far more support, need more body width on the shell e.g. slightly wider etc for a better noise isolating fit? They are very thin agreed.

Mar 24, 2017 at 5:21 PM Post #53 of 88
Yes absolutely, the thin nozzles fit deep into the ear canal. Almost painfully deep! But they are so thin they don't feel right around the ear. There is so much free movement that could be rectified with a shell that rests against the whole of the ear. This would help wind noise isolation comfort volume and the cosmetic look of them. I like the sound of the single ba driver too, but I'd personally prefer them to have a bit less rolled off in the mids and highs

Mar 25, 2017 at 4:41 AM Post #54 of 88
Yes absolutely, the thin nozzles fit deep into the ear canal. Almost painfully deep! But they are so thin they don't feel right around the ear. There is so much free movement that could be rectified with a shell that rests against the whole of the ear. This would help wind noise isolation comfort volume and the cosmetic look of them. I like the sound of the single ba driver too, but I'd personally prefer them to have a bit less rolled off in the mids and highs

I haven't heard this model personally, so I cannot comment on the sound.

I think as for the nozzle there is a very fine line between comfort and painful isolation. Of course the deeper the nozzle can go (within reason) the better the sound reproduction will be when closer to the inner ear.

Mar 30, 2017 at 9:43 PM Post #56 of 88
1. over ear design
2. convertible to custom iem shell
3. a decent cable bundled
4. standard tip supported, this because some like noble has extra large canal which standards won't fit
5. a hard shell case to come along?
6. detachable cables, don't go into the mmcx abyss

Mar 31, 2017 at 1:12 AM Post #57 of 88
Not seen a standard Rockjaw case, but the best travel cases I have seen have been bundled with the Focal Sphear (small and cube like, great for pocketing and look awesome) and the Nuforce HEM range, which come with a small semi-hard case for putting in your pocket and a large Peli 1010 style case that everything is delivered in with foam cutouts.

Also, everyone is doing the V-shaped signature at the moment - while it's fun, something more musically neutral or mid-centric with decent bass (a la my previous comments about the old Aurisonics house sound) would allow you to capture a different section of the market that's currently less well served.

Last suggestion - Fidue style detachable cable terminated in a 2.5mm balanced TRRS connector and an included adapter/plug in the package to convert to 3.5mm TRS/unbalanced - the trend seems to be for more DAPs to go down the balanced route in the audiophile space, so the flexibility would be a major plus point. Would also allow you to sell a 2.5mm TRRS to 3.5mm TRRS connector separately for the less popular Hifiman style balanced connectors?

Mar 31, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #58 of 88
Not seen a standard Rockjaw case, but the best travel cases I have seen have been bundled with the Focal Sphear (small and cube like, great for pocketing and look awesome) and the Nuforce HEM range, which come with a small semi-hard case for putting in your pocket and a large Peli 1010 style case that everything is delivered in with foam cutouts.

Also, everyone is doing the V-shaped signature at the moment - while it's fun, something more musically neutral or mid-centric with decent bass (a la my previous comments about the old Aurisonics house sound) would allow you to capture a different section of the market that's currently less well served.

Last suggestion - Fidue style detachable cable terminated in a 2.5mm balanced TRRS connector and an included adapter/plug in the package to convert to 3.5mm TRS/unbalanced - the trend seems to be for more DAPs to go down the balanced route in the audiophile space, so the flexibility would be a major plus point. Would also allow you to sell a 2.5mm TRRS to 3.5mm TRRS connector separately for the less popular Hifiman style balanced connectors?

Dear Jackpot, 

Interesting comments you made there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back