ROCK JAW AUDIO: Resonate IEM – The Grand Tour
Apr 7, 2017 at 3:20 AM Post #94 of 122
Thanks. Really nice pic.

Are they the masters and not the Hunters?

In comparison, the Rockjaws look possibly more ear friendly for comfort. Look forward to your impression shootout.

Apologies, IEM confusion. I never went for the Hunters. These are the update to the original Masters, which in my opinion had serious flaws in the sound fit and build quality. The Resonate doesn't possess the flaws of the original Masters.
I have tried no different filters and have changed the tips of the Masters from silicons to complys. I did this try and add more bass and richness to the sound.  I have tried the Resonate in a DIY custom shell I've been working on but have spent the majority of my time listening to them as supplied.
The barrels of the Masters are quite bulky ; they are tending to pull out of my ear canal slightly which is undoubtedly affecting the sound. The Resonate is therefore the winner of the 2 so far.

Apr 7, 2017 at 4:01 AM Post #95 of 122
Apologies, IEM confusion. I never went for the Hunters. These are the update to the original Masters, which in my opinion had serious flaws in the sound fit and build quality. The Resonate doesn't possess the flaws of the original Masters.
I have tried no different filters and have changed the tips of the Masters from silicons to complys. I did this try and add more bass and richness to the sound.  I have tried the Resonate in a DIY custom shell I've been working on but have spent the majority of my time listening to them as supplied.
The barrels of the Masters are quite bulky ; they are tending to pull out of my ear canal slightly which is undoubtedly affecting the sound. The Resonate is therefore the winner of the 2 so far.

No worries, the market is swamped making it difficult to keep up with existing and upcoming offerings.

Thanks, your description certainly reinforces my thoughts (from the pic) on sizing, fit, and possibly on extended listening.
Look forward to further analysis in due course.

Apr 14, 2017 at 4:07 PM Post #102 of 122
Well...look what arrived today?! Took a circuitous route, OVER Kansas City, to Salt Lake City, then back! :sunglasses: Listening will have to wait...off to our daughters Futbol match...Thank you!

Apr 15, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #104 of 122
Well...look what arrived today?! Took a circuitous route, OVER Kansas City, to Salt Lake City, then back! :sunglasses: Listening will have to wait...off to our daughters Futbol match...Thank you!

Umm, in Kansas City it's called soccer
wink.gif
  Soccer capital of America as well I see. Resonate looks good!

Apr 15, 2017 at 4:38 PM Post #105 of 122
Umm, in Kansas City it's called soccer :wink:   Soccer capital of America as well I see. Resonate looks good!

Indeed it is...both of my kids play/played competitive in KC, which is HUGE here...We still call it Futbol.

Resonate content: quite impressed with it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back