Rhapsodio thread
Apr 3, 2017 at 9:34 AM Post #1,111 of 2,203
  My SOLAR reshells arrived today! Look great! Thanks Sammy. Love the sexy look with the Golden mk3 cable.

Uuuuuh...you had your universal reshelled into another universal? A decision based on design (it looks great indeed) only or also on fit? Btw, love that album/song (the remaster version is superb imo)

Looks like Sammy already finished my RDB. Went with the orange and carbon fiber look, what do you guys think?

I wish I could literally hibernate for like a week and wake up with them on my doorstep. Feels like Christmas morning lol. 

-Collin-

Very nice design Collin!

I'm also very curious what you will think of them
rolleyes.gif

Apr 3, 2017 at 11:14 AM Post #1,112 of 2,203
Uuuuuh...you had your universal reshelled into another universal? A decision based on design (it looks great indeed) only or also on fit? Btw, love that album/song (the remaster version is superb imo)

Very nice design Collin!

I'm also very curious what you will think of them :rolleyes:  

Well I sent them in to have my sockets replaced, Sammy changed to a more snug socket and mine was loose, and while they were there Sammy noticed a crack in the shell so I told him to reshell them and I took advantage of that to change the design.

Apr 3, 2017 at 11:22 AM Post #1,113 of 2,203
Well I sent them in to have my sockets replaced, Sammy changed to a more snug socket and mine was loose, and while they were there Sammy noticed a crack in the shell so I told him to reshell them and I took advantage of that to change the design.

Aaaah I see...now it makes logic
biggrin.gif

Have you not thought for a moment to go the custom route with your Solars instead?

Looking forward to your Golden Mk3 cable review
rolleyes.gif

Apr 3, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #1,114 of 2,203
This thread is dangerous. I literally was dreaming of the Solars last night... and my RDB are not even in my hands yet. 

Hey on another note, I was able to re-terminate my SG 2.98 8-braid wire to 2.5mm TRRS to run out of my XDP-300r. Found a guy, David, who does really, really nice work. Check it out: 

-Collin-

Apr 3, 2017 at 1:40 PM Post #1,115 of 2,203
  This thread is dangerous. I literally was dreaming of the Solars last night... and my RDB are not even in my hands yet. 

Hey on another note, I was able to re-terminate my SG 2.98 8-braid wire to 2.5mm TRRS to run out of my XDP-300r. Found a guy, David, who does really, really nice work.

Haha, once you've dreamt of them....it will only be a matter of time
wink.gif

I also have the 2.98 SG 8-braid in my collection. A very nice cable which also matches well (synergy wise) with the Solars imo.
But hey, I've also had the RDB Mk4 for some time and I also really enjoyed them => you're in for a treat!

Balanced sometimes can make quite a difference indeed => happy listening
ksc75smile.gif

Apr 8, 2017 at 7:42 PM Post #1,116 of 2,203
I posted a review of the RSD Golden mk3 cable....Kerouac you were waiting.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/rsd-golden-mk3/reviews/18376

Apr 14, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #1,117 of 2,203
My RDB mk4 are out for delivery today and I'm super excited. Can't wait to hear Sammy's magic on the 5-driver hybrid design. Since there's only one review so far, I think I'll take some time this weekend to write one. 

-Collin-

Apr 14, 2017 at 11:04 AM Post #1,118 of 2,203
My RDB mk4 are out for delivery today and I'm super excited. Can't wait to hear Sammy's magic on the 5-driver hybrid design. Since there's only one review so far, I think I'll take some time this weekend to write one. 

-Collin-

Best to write the review after you've had some time with it. I don't trust reviewers who write about a product before they've grown good and familiar with it. A week at the bare minimum, preferably more.

Apr 14, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #1,119 of 2,203
Best to write the review after you've had some time with it. I don't trust reviewers who write about a product before they've grown good and familiar with it. A week at the bare minimum, preferably more.

Agreed - I just meant I would start with the basics. I usually give at least a week as well. Although I must say, my thoughts have never drastically changed after my initial impressions haha. 

Apr 28, 2017 at 10:23 PM Post #1,121 of 2,203
I recently bought a pre-loved rti1 and I love the sq. Nice treble and bass. Loved the details too. I am using the twag cable with it and it sounds great. Currently rhapsodio is having some discount on their site for cables. Any opinion on what rhapsodio cables matches well with the rti1? Curious if the silver gold cable will match this iem.

Apr 28, 2017 at 10:43 PM Post #1,122 of 2,203
I recently bought a pre-loved rti1 and I love the sq. Nice treble and bass. Loved the details too. I am using the twag cable with it and it sounds great. Currently rhapsodio is having some discount on their site for cables. Any opinion on what rhapsodio cables matches well with the rti1? Curious if the silver gold cable will match this iem.

Do contact the ever-friendly Sammy, he will be able to recommend based on your preferred sound signature.

For my Galaxy, everything went up a notch with Rhapsodio's RSD Silver Mk3 (currently on their FB cover picture). But I am not sure about the synergy with RTi1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back