Review: T-Peos H-100 II (Fun, forward mids with terrific bass)
Jul 5, 2014 at 5:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

ostewart

Reviewer at Sound Perfection Reviews
Formerly affiliated with HiFi Headphones
T-Peos H-100 II Review:

Firstly I would like to thank T-Peos for sending me this sample for review, I will write as honest a review possible. These received over 50hrs of burn-in before reviewing, no big differences were noted.

Gear Used:
iPod Classic 7G > H100 II (Comply T400 tips)
Asus M50VM > iFi iPurifier > iFi iDAC > H100 II (Comply T400 tips)

Specs:
Driver: 1DD + 1BA
Impedance: 32Ohm @1kHz
Sensitivity: 102dB @1kHz
Frequency response: 20hz - 20kHz
Plug: L shaped 3.5mm
Cable length: 1.2m
Weight: 20g
MSRP: $73 (excluding shipping)

Packaging, Build Quality and Accessories:
Packaging is a simple black and blue box with a plastic window showing off the IEM's inside, info and specs are all listed on the back too, very simple but sleek packaging, no frills.

Build quality is very good, the cable on my pair is the standard round rubbery type, no memory which is good, and it is nice and flexible. Good strain relief is provided on the plug, although the strain relief on the housing is a little short and not very flexible. The housing is light and metal with a plastic rear plate. The cable does have a chin slider, which is great to get rid of the slight cable noise these have.

Accessories are fine for the price, you get a few pairs of tips (S, M and L single flange silicone and a pair of foam tips), and also a small fabric carry pouch and cable clip is also included. All the necessary accessories are included.

Comfort, Isolation, Driver Flex and Cable noise:
I could not get a good fit with the supplied silicone tips, so I decided to put some Comply T400 on them and wow are they comfy, the housing is small so great for deeper insertion and they can easily be worn over the ear or just straight down, I personally wore them straight down using the chin slider to take up the slack cable, comfort is fine for long listening sessions.

Isolation with Comply tips is above average and would be suitable for plane journeys, with silicone tips the isolation is fairly average.

Driver flex with the stock silicone tips is quite bad, and then the sound is awful because the pressure didn't pop the driver back out, so that is one of the reasons I used the Comply tips.

Cable noise is present when worn with the cable straight down, but the chin slider and cable clip minimise this. Otherwise they can be worn with the cable over the ear which does get rid of the cable noise.

Sound:
Split in to the usual categories, with a conclusion at the end.

Lows: Well with the DD taking care of the lows you get some quite impressive bass, it does have a mild mid-bass hump which can render them a little boomy at times, but on the whole it makes them very fun to listen to. The lows do extend well and also their recovery is quite quick so they can just about keep up with faster music, kick drums have excellent power with these, you really feel the kick. These are perfect for electronica, but also sound great with most genres. They lows do bleed into the rest of the sound a little, making them sound a little congested at times, mostly on faster paced music.
The lows are monstrous, with Linkin Park's Numb, it hits so hard but the vocals cut through the mix with detail to spare.

Mids: The mids are slightly forward in presentation and they have very good detail, you can hear all nuisances in vocals, both male and female vocals fair well, guitars have good power and overall the mids are very enjoyable,  being always present and not sucked out. I really don't have much to say about the mids of these, which is a good thing, no major flaws in the mids.

Highs: Usually T-Peos are fairly treble happy, not with these, could be because of the Comply tips which tame the highs a little, but they are no way near as offensive as the H-300, the highs on these are smooth and a little behind in the mix, not jumping out at you, or throwing detail at you. They do extend nicely and are present, just not harsh or bright. This does mean there is lack of sparkle and you do miss out on some details, but it also allows for fatigue free, long listening sessions.

Soundstage and Instrument separation:
Soundstage is not huge, it is narrow but has some air around it and it still has good placement of instruments.
Instrument separation is good, it is easy to pick apart the band but sometimes they do sound a little congested due to the lows dominating a little.

Conclusion: Another hybrid from T-Peos, this time improving on a previous model. I heard the old H-100 had sucked out mids, well these don't suffer from that anymore. The lows can be a little over the top sometimes, the mids are great and upfront but the highs could use a little boost depending on your tastes. Perfect for a gym/commute IEM and they do have good performance relative to their price. Detailed and fun to listen to in a value for money package.

Thanks for reading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back