Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Jun 29, 2017 at 12:37 AM Post #4,996 of 7,140
I know that I am off subject, but these two DAPs should be in everyone's collection.

I was thinking of getting one as it looked more compact than the qp1r as I'm not actually using mine as originally intended which was as a portable unit in preparation for having to change my dying iPhone but they don't sell them in the uk anymore. After looking around a bit, managed to stumble across the Shanling m2s which, for its size and price is an amazing little player. Easily enough to power iems but does a decent job of powering focal elears too :)

Jun 29, 2017 at 4:18 AM Post #4,998 of 7,140
I used to own Paw gold (sold it) and compared it to my QP1R. Paw Gold has more depth, but narrower soundstage. The mid is more forward and the Image is bigger than QP1R. Vocal sound best with Paw Gold (I like the Paw gold Mid's the most compared to a lot of Dap I've listened to so far). QP1R has a more open tone, slighly better clarity, Paw Gold sound more warm and has softer treble than the QP1R. THe mid bass of the Paw gold is very aggressive with more bass body.
The reason I still live with my QP1R is because I like a more open tone of it (I like wide soundstage) and The paw gold add too much bass to my iems, which has a lot of bass themselve.
Overall I fully understand why people say that the Paw gold is a top tier dap, it sounds bold and the mid is really impressive

Jun 29, 2017 at 5:14 AM Post #4,999 of 7,140
I was thinking of getting one as it looked more compact than the qp1r as I'm not actually using mine as originally intended which was as a portable unit in preparation for having to change my dying iPhone but they don't sell them in the uk anymore. After looking around a bit, managed to stumble across the Shanling m2s which, for its size and price is an amazing little player. Easily enough to power iems but does a decent job of powering focal elears too :)

www.theevolutionofsound.com

Jun 29, 2017 at 5:16 AM Post #5,000 of 7,140
So how does the Latoo Paw Gold compare to the QP1R in overall SQ when driving planar magnetic full size cans like the HEKv2?

I have Shure SRH1540, Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7GMs, and Shure SE846s.

Jun 29, 2017 at 8:16 AM Post #5,001 of 7,140
I used to own Paw gold (sold it) and compared it to my QP1R. Paw Gold has more depth, but narrower soundstage. The mid is more forward and the Image is bigger than QP1R. Vocal sound best with Paw Gold (I like the Paw gold Mid's the most compared to a lot of Dap I've listened to so far). QP1R has a more open tone, slighly better clarity, Paw Gold sound more warm and has softer treble than the QP1R. THe mid bass of the Paw gold is very aggressive with more bass body.
The reason I still live with my QP1R is because I like a more open tone of it (I like wide soundstage) and The paw gold add too much bass to my iems, which has a lot of bass themselve.
Overall I fully understand why people say that the Paw gold is a top tier dap, it sounds bold and the mid is really impressive

So at nearly half the price of the LPG, the QP1R is a better option, especially for better microdetail rendering and a wider sound stage??

Jun 29, 2017 at 9:39 PM Post #5,002 of 7,140
So at nearly half the price of the LPG, the QP1R is a better option, especially for better microdetail rendering and a wider sound stage??
My personal answer is yes, the other option is DX200, if you talk about Microdetail and soundstage (DX200 has even better soundstage depth than the QP1R)
My thought of these two daps is like, It depends on the iems you use, even the LPG costs a lot more but for a lot of headphones, the LPG is worth the price tag. My rules of thumb about these two dap are, if you love Mid and your iems are not too bass heavy the LPG is the way to go, but if you love the open sound with accurate bass and your iems is not too bright, QP1R is the choice (I really love both but I have to sale the LPG to fund something else)

Jun 30, 2017 at 10:31 AM Post #5,004 of 7,140
I have everything I own, both lossless audiobooks and music duplicated five times over on 8tb WD My Book external hard drives. Yes, I am both OCD and paranoid. They are all stored in separate locations, with one always with me in a pack.

You need a Faraday cage for at least one of your back ups.

Jun 30, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #5,006 of 7,140
If he's so paranoid that he needs 5 copies of his music library, including one on his person at all times, he should also be protecting at least one backup from electromagnetic radiation with a Faraday cage. My comment was partly in jest, but you can Google Faraday cage for further explanation.

Jun 30, 2017 at 1:39 PM Post #5,007 of 7,140
Does anybody have experience with at least 8TB external hard drives? If so, what would you recommend, and why? I'm looking into the My Books (newest version), but they don't have any indicator/activity LED lighting, and reviews state they run very hot.

Thanks in advance!

Jun 30, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #5,008 of 7,140
I stick with smaller drives so that if they fail I don't loose averything. Critical stuff is backed up in multiple places.

Jun 30, 2017 at 3:28 PM Post #5,009 of 7,140
I stick with smaller drives so that if they fail I don't loose averything. Critical stuff is backed up in multiple places.
I have multiple drives that have the same data on them, and the 8TB (or more) that I would like would be for much less critical data to store, as well.

Jun 30, 2017 at 7:11 PM Post #5,010 of 7,140
If he's so paranoid that he needs 5 copies of his music library, including one on his person at all times, he should also be protecting at least one backup from electromagnetic radiation with a Faraday cage. My comment was partly in jest, but you can Google Faraday cage for further explanation.

Well, in fairness to me, Five years ago, I lost everything and had to redo a music /audiobook collection. It took a very long time. I said to myself, never again. It is convenient to bring it in my pack because my lunch and work stuff is already in it. I also have a work locker.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back