REVIEW: HRT HeadStreamer Asynchronous USB DAC/Amp
Mar 22, 2012 at 10:29 AM Post #16 of 30
Don't know where to post, but just wanna say the Kevin Halverson is the man.

His and HRT service were top notch when I sent my ms2+ in recently. I also think the ms2 is by far the best sounding <$200 dac

Mar 24, 2012 at 3:03 PM Post #17 of 30
I am thinking of buying either FiiO E10 or HRT HeadStreamer to use with Grado SR80i. Which of the two DAC+headphone amplifier has a better sound quality? Does HeadStreamer worth the extra money?

E10 is almost half the price of HeadStreamer, but I am concerned about its flaws: delay at the start of music, channel imbalance, headphone jack problem, etc. Does HeadStreamer also has the same delay issue?

Thanks.

Mar 26, 2012 at 11:15 PM Post #20 of 30
Thanks for the comments everyone!

Power1power1, I have replied to you via PM. I have not tested the Fiio E10 but the HeadStreamer has better specs (SNR).

The headphone jack is very sturdy and I do not see any problem with it. In fact I was using a large 1/4 to 1/8 adapter which puts extra stress on the jack, and it still showed no signs of weakness or change in the signal.

Apr 18, 2012 at 2:27 AM Post #22 of 30
YES! I was really lucky to meet Michael Goodman (many here know Michael - Managing Directorand Engineer at CEntrance) at RMAF 2011, and he offered me a job as their Director of Marketing right there!  I love the team: Very positive and we're doing well.

I'm still an HRT fan too however, as Kevin designs some KILLER kit and I was also lucky to be on his team for awhile!
The headstreamer looks VERY cool - hope to hear one soon!!

Quote:
And I see you are from another top brand! ofcourse I wish i could afford centrance :D

Jun 8, 2012 at 11:36 PM Post #23 of 30
Great review, m3_arun. I've just purchased this gadget to plug in my laptop to enjoy some classical music and Mr. Halverson helped me with a [size=x-small]SPL calculator[/size].

Now it's time to pick a good open headphone (trying to choose from Senn HD558, Senn HD598 and Grado 225i) and enjoy!

Apr 18, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #28 of 30
Whats is difference between the old Headstreamer and the new Headstreamer mobile?
Store where i want to buy it has very low description of a product on their web site. I am not sure what it is. 

I know someone asked before "Is HS good enough to drive AKG k702?" but all those numbers doesn't mean much to me cause i am completely audio nab. Btw. i plan to buy used k701.

Apr 19, 2013 at 12:28 PM Post #29 of 30
The HeadStreamer was replaced by the HeadStreamer Mobile last year.  The differences are in two areas:

1) The accessories included with each.  The HeadStreamer included a .5 meter USB A to USB mini B cable and a carrying bag.  The HeadStreamer Mobile added two additional accessories, the HRT HMA-1 (for use with an iPad) and an OTG host mode cable.  

2) The HeadStreamer Mobile itself is a slightly different product in order to support the additional accessories.

If you contact me at my HRT email address, I will be happy to provide you with our Excel headphone calculator so that you can determine the characteristics of any headphone amplifier combination.

Kevin Halverson (kevin@hirestech.com)
CTO
High Resolution Technologies, LLC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back