REVIEW - Encore mDAC portable headphone DAC/amp with 24bit/96kHz USB input - for Mac/PC, iPhone with Camera Connection Kit, and Android - 2 THUMBS UP
Feb 7, 2016 at 7:15 PM Post #61 of 77

We have to get the stock back from Amazon because there is none left at TDSS warehouse. Sorry about the delay and I think we will be able to send it out this week.

Oct 22, 2016 at 9:58 PM Post #62 of 77
jasonl

Is there anyway to reset the memory on the mDAC?

Jul 10, 2017 at 7:47 AM Post #63 of 77
Mine works great on Android and on foobar2000 (Windows 7). However, on YouTube and other streaming services both sound and video freezed. This happens under any browser (IE, Opera etc). Please, advice if anyone has any ideas or solutions.

Jul 10, 2017 at 11:06 AM Post #64 of 77
@jasonl will probably tell you to buy a new Encore DAC as this one is EOL.

Jul 10, 2017 at 2:53 PM Post #65 of 77
The thing is that mDAC has an internal battery, so switching to mDSD is not the best idea for Android. Maybe will also try some more browsers (haven't tried Firefox yet).

Jul 10, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #66 of 77
I used to use the mDSD combination, and it did shorten battery life quite a bit. I had chargers at home and work for that purpose.

I do like the form factor though.

I just keep my mDSD permanently plugged in at my desk now.

Jul 10, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #67 of 77
How would you compare the sound between the two? Maybe that is a good solution for desktop.

Jul 10, 2017 at 3:56 PM Post #68 of 77
How would you compare the sound between the two? Maybe that is a good solution for desktop.

mDSD sounds more refined than the mDAC. It's not surprising, since the DAC chips have evolved one generation between the two DACs.

Apr 12, 2018 at 5:30 PM Post #69 of 77
I bought today the mDAC at low price. It is reburfished but I hope it will work well.
I was looking for a cheap but good DAC which can work on pc (possibly without driver for my work computer) and android via UAPP.
It is difficult to find driver and information about this DAC cause it is old but I hope it will be cool. I will let you know

Apr 13, 2018 at 6:28 AM Post #70 of 77
Looking forward to your impressions!

May 8, 2018 at 9:43 AM Post #71 of 77
Unfortunately this DAC doesn't want to work on my phone or another android device...
On my computer it is work nice without driver and in foobar with driver.
I don't know if I will keep it cause it doesn't work on my phone..

Sep 14, 2018 at 7:18 PM Post #72 of 77
Hi,

I have a question about this device. So, it has 2 USB ports. When I use just one of them (the data one, for example) on a Windows computer, will it charge at the same time?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2018 at 11:47 AM Post #74 of 77
The product has been discontinued for awhile now, but you need two cables to play and charge. One cable does each function. There is no single cable solution for both functions.

Sep 16, 2018 at 6:27 PM Post #75 of 77
The product has been discontinued for awhile now, but you need two cables to play and charge. One cable does each function. There is no single cable solution for both functions.

I'm hearing many conflicting opinions about that from people... Are you sure about that?

BTW, it's still available on Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back