Revamp Acoustics
Apr 18, 2017 at 9:48 PM Post #152 of 765
Can we choose to shuffle within one folder only or all songs in the sdcard ?

Have to ask TJ about that as he is still finalizing the firmware.

Apr 18, 2017 at 9:48 PM Post #153 of 765
OK I think it's better discuss the structure navigation here.
Fixed navigation will make more efficient on memory usage.
Please remember that I use ARM microcontroller for processing, not using microprocessor with bunch of memory space.
let's talk with this example structure:
ROOT / track1.wav
          / track2.wav
          / ARTIST1 / track1.wav
          / ARTIST1 / track2.wav
          / ARTIST1 / track3.wav
          / ARTIST1 / ALBUM1 / track1.wav
          / ARTIST1 / ALBUM1 / track2.wav
          / ARTIST1 / ALBUM1 / track3.wav
          / ARTIST1 / ALBUM2 / track1.wav
          / ARTIST1 / ALBUM2 / track2.wav
          / ARTIST1 / ALBUM2 / track3.wav

I can set to use NEXT/PREV Track button to jump between track.
Use NEXT/PREV Album button to jump between album.
Use (Long Press) NEXT/PREV  Album button to jump between Artist.
With using this fixed structure, I can make more efficient algorithm, but still need to test this.
Need to know are the memory is enough to hold the structure index.

Thanks for testing that out for us TJ!

Apr 18, 2017 at 10:44 PM Post #154 of 765
Can we choose to shuffle within one folder only or all songs in the sdcard ?

+1.

I'm guessing it'll be the whole card though. Anything else and I think we might be asking for too much.

Artist skip is a major plus but, when shuffling, it may be too difficult to have the P1 distinguish between one folder, subfolders, or (my preference) all albums by a single artist. Not even the Tera Player can shuffle like that.

Apr 18, 2017 at 11:10 PM Post #155 of 765
+1.

I'm guessing it'll be the whole card though. Anything else and I think we might be asking for too much.

Artist skip is a major plus but, when shuffling, it may be too difficult to have the P1 distinguish between one folder, subfolders, or (my preference) all albums by a single artist. Not even the Tera Player can shuffle like that.

As far as I know, it doesn't read tags. So no Artist skip. Just folder skip.

Apr 18, 2017 at 11:18 PM Post #156 of 765
No tags needed. I use folder browsing on my other daps to successfully shuffle by artist but they're just shuffling all the album subfolders under that one artist. Many of those files are wavs with no tags.

The P1 would be different because there might not be a way to select a single root folder or subfolder just for shuffling.

TJ's last post suggests that long pressing the album buttons could be used to skip between artists (main folders).

Apr 18, 2017 at 11:44 PM Post #157 of 765
No tags needed. I use folder browsing on my other daps to successfully shuffle by artist but they're just shuffling all the album subfolders under that one artist. Many of those files are wavs with no tags.

The P1 would be different because there might not be a way to select a single root folder or subfolder just for shuffling.

TJ's last post suggests that long pressing the album buttons could be used to skip between artists (main folders).

It would skip between top level folders. Best not to think of it as Artists, IMHO. That could confuse some people. The top level could be whatever you want...

Apr 19, 2017 at 12:17 AM Post #158 of 765
It would skip between top level folders. Best not to think of it as Artists, IMHO. That could confuse some people. The top level could be whatever you want...

True. That's a more accurate way to describe it. I'll just be happy if it works, assuming I can get my hands on a P1 after more testing is completed.

Still no idea what type of dac it uses though (R2R or DS, etc). Seems to be the only detail we can't get any info about.

Apr 19, 2017 at 12:44 AM Post #159 of 765
Apr 19, 2017 at 1:07 AM Post #160 of 765
Based on TJ's post, I believe the AD1862 chips are for his upcoming dap with a screen, not for the P1.

Internal pic of the P1 from Revamp's news page doesn't show those particular AD chips either (unless I'm missing something):

Apr 19, 2017 at 1:40 AM Post #161 of 765
Based on TJ's post, I believe the AD1862 chips are for his upcoming dap with a screen, not for the P1.

Internal pic of the P1 from Revamp's news page doesn't show those particular AD chips either (unless I'm missing something):

IMG_20161028_140003-225x300.jpg

Perhaps I responded without thinking after consuming a Belgian Quad? Just maybe :wink:

I'm sure TJ has mentioned the DAC chip to me before, but I'm not recalling it right now. I pinged him to see if he'll refresh my memory.

Apr 19, 2017 at 10:27 PM Post #163 of 765
  What about AIFF?

I was try to analyze the AIFF format, since I never use that.
Different with WAVE that use Little Endian format, AIFF is using Big Endian.
I was success to decode and playing the AIFC (Little Endian version of AIFF) on P1.
But I think it's useless if you have your AIFF songs on iTunes that stored in Big Endian.
It's better converting to WAV that same uncompressed format. 

Thanks for testing that out for us TJ!

I was try the new scheme, but not yet got success, the P1 run out the memoy for indexing the new scheme. need to think more efficient algorithm for implementing the new scheme.  

+1.

Yes, Even on current scheme I'm not yet got good randomization, the new scheme will be more hard to get shuffle function works properly.

Seems pretty straightforward to me.  Only lacking the multibit DS DAC chip make/model info.

I'm using Philips DAC Chip. Just another series of Philips DAC that used in Tera Player. Guess what? 
biggrin.gif

Just got time testing the LCD.
I think 2.4" is good enough, maybe because it's IPS type display.

PS: Don't be fool with that nice interface, that just mockup LoL.. I even not have plan to displaying Album art, it's too complicated. 

Apr 20, 2017 at 12:23 AM Post #165 of 765

I was try to analyze the AIFF format, since I never use that.
Different with WAVE that use Little Endian format, AIFF is using Big Endian.
I was success to decode and playing the AIFC (Little Endian version of AIFF) on P1.
But I think it's useless if you have your AIFF songs on iTunes that stored in Big Endian.
It's better converting to WAV that same uncompressed format. 

I was try the new scheme, but not yet got success, the P1 run out the memoy for indexing the new scheme. need to think more efficient algorithm for implementing the new scheme.  

Yes, Even on current scheme I'm not yet got good randomization, the new scheme will be more hard to get shuffle function works properly.

I'm using Philips DAC Chip. Just another series of Philips DAC that used in Tera Player. Guess what? 
biggrin.gif

Just got time testing the LCD.
I think 2.4" is good enough, maybe because it's IPS type display.

PS: Don't be fool with that nice interface, that just mockup LoL.. I even not have plan to displaying Album art, it's too complicated. 

So many juicy tidbits there, TJ. Thanks for the info!

I for one don't care about album art. I'm here for the music, not album art lol...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back