flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Apr 30, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #1,306 of 39,411
The K10 os not a Basshead iem. It has bass but not really strong bass.

Apr 30, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #1,307 of 39,411
Reading your's and Alex's impressions on the A18/U18, I think I made a mistake by not including it in my Top 5 prediction.

Yep, think it will be hard to beat that, given Nick's tastes.

Apr 30, 2017 at 12:04 PM Post #1,308 of 39,411
If I try to upload an image here, it asks for a url. I could either take an hour to figure out how it works, or work on one of the many reviews I have left. For now the chart is in the intro post on THL, there is a link at the end of every review:

http://theheadphonelist.com/ranking-the-stars-flinkenicks-2017-iem-flagship-shootout/

ps. Does someone know how to post a smiley without it being placed below the sentence..

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2017 at 12:08 PM Post #1,309 of 39,411
If I try to upload an image here, it asks for a url. I could either take an hour to figure out how it works, or work on one of the many reviews I have left. For now the chart is in the intro post on THL, there is a link at the end of every review:

http://theheadphonelist.com/ranking-the-stars-flinkenicks-2017-iem-flagship-shootout/

ps. Does someone know how to post a smiley without it being placed below the sentence..

The desktop site lets me upload from hard drive.
Opus & Jupiter 01.jpg

Apr 30, 2017 at 12:12 PM Post #1,310 of 39,411

Have you already tried the 'Upload a File' button instead of the old way of uploading an image?

I noticed that when I put a smiley behind a sentence, it was only shown below the sentence on my mobile. Behind my PC it was still behind the sentence.

Apr 30, 2017 at 12:41 PM Post #1,313 of 39,411
If you're using phone, try requesting a desktop page. I think the mobile site is less functional :p :) (emoji seems to work fine from desktop).

Apr 30, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #1,314 of 39,411
Just tried and one click on the chart image behind a PC also enlarged the chart perfectly :thumbsup:

Chart.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #1,317 of 39,411
Yes definitely, music taste is one of the most important aspects for choosing an iem. For instance, when I listen to EDM I really find technical performance (resolution, transparency, imaging) very important, as well as bass or upper midrange maybe. Tone (or tonal accuracy) is negligible. But for classical music, tonality might be one of the most important things. And when listening to easy listening music, midrange and treble might be most important, but transparency or separation might be less relevant. And then some people simply find stage dimensions very important, etc. etc.

A18 sounds spectacular with EDM

May 1, 2017 at 7:46 AM Post #1,319 of 39,411
Finally, also keep in mind the relative scores are pretty close. Aether ranks #16 with an average score of 85. The #1 I believe scores an 89.

Don't know about others of course, but I was really surprised by this.

Somehow I expected the #1 to end up with an average score somewhere in the 93-97 range. Never expected them to be all that close in (average) score in the end. Interesting! :thinking:

Last edited:
May 1, 2017 at 8:36 AM Post #1,320 of 39,411
Don't know about others of course, but I was really surprised by this.

Somehow I expected the #1 to end up with an average score somewhere in the 93-97 range. Never expected them to be all that close in (average) score in the end. Interesting! :thinking:

It means the competition is at a very high level which is good for everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back