flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Jul 26, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #2,866 of 39,414
They better have a really good secret sauce in there. That amount of money could be used to get my grandma a hip replacement from her last act..
I've seen measurements for 3 oBravos and heard 1 (erib-5a?). The FR curves are terrifying and the IEM I heard was complete garbage. Could've made the argument for soundstage but at that level of isolation, a simple earbud or an iSine would've pushed the same stage anyways.

I haven't heard the others but I'm not expecting a lot at this point.
Haven't heard the Erib models, but I will say I have never had an iem that was more affected by the ear tips selected than the EAMT-1c model. They simply are not an iem that you are likely to put in your ears the first time and go "wow". I think that is one reason they give "meh" impressions when people audition them at shows, along with auditioning them in noisy environments. Yeah, they are definitely an niche iem, and I'm very interested in comparing them to the equally expensive 64audio offerings in the next few months.

Jul 27, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #2,870 of 39,414
Jul 27, 2017 at 11:37 AM Post #2,875 of 39,414
No. Probably @flinkenick didn't even listen to the warbler. He got paid 1 million Dollars for positioning them in the top 5.
n54WC6w.gif

Let's be honest...who could have resisted that offer?

Jul 27, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #2,878 of 39,414
would be game changing tho, if the Chinese UM one comes on top

To be fair, UM have been one of the most popular IEM brands in Singapore for a while, even getting featured on Tyll's Innerfidelity TOTL CIEM shootout a few years ago. And, don't forget, HIFIMAN's based out of China too :wink:

Jul 27, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #2,879 of 39,414
"Ranking The Warbler - flinkenick's 2017 Warbler Wins Shootout" :sweat_smile:
That's a great headline news. Will top New York Tiems for sure :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back