Q-Jays are back.
Dec 14, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #361 of 456
At the original price of 400 the q jays are definitely a hard sell especially with the competition out there these days. I believe it is around 300 retail now which I feel is reasonable. The black Friday sale at under 200 made it an extremely good value imo of course. 8 bought these to use as a backup to my mee audio p1 (I know that makes no sense considering p1 is cheaper but I was using them as a Bluetooth solution) and haven't touched the p1 since these came in the mail.

Dec 14, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #362 of 456
At the original price of 400 the q jays are definitely a hard sell especially with the competition out there these days. I believe it is around 300 retail now which I feel is reasonable. The black Friday sale at under 200 made it an extremely good value imo of course. 8 bought these to use as a backup to my mee audio p1 (I know that makes no sense considering p1 is cheaper but I was using them as a Bluetooth solution) and haven't touched the p1 since these came in the mail.

Hi, I had the P1's at one point but just couldn't get a good fit so I returned them. Curious about a comparison between the 2 as the QJays seems to be the type of IEM that would fit me perfectly (barrel design). Bass in particular- the P1 was about as neutral of a bass sig as I could go, do the Qjays have the same or a bit more bass?

Thanks!

Dec 14, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #365 of 456
Hi, I had the P1's at one point but just couldn't get a good fit so I returned them. Curious about a comparison between the 2 as the QJays seems to be the type of IEM that would fit me perfectly (barrel design). Bass in particular- the P1 was about as neutral of a bass sig as I could go, do the Qjays have the same or a bit more bass?

Thanks!

That's too bad about the p1 as they sound very good. I agree with the notion that the q jays are more neutral with less bass.

Dec 14, 2016 at 7:17 PM Post #367 of 456
Could anyone who got to experience both the new Q-Jays and the new ER4SR/XR make a direct comparison?

I used to own the old white Q-Jays and enjoyed them quite a bit.

Dec 14, 2016 at 10:11 PM Post #368 of 456
  Could anyone who got to experience both the new Q-Jays and the new ER4SR/XR make a direct comparison?

I used to own the old white Q-Jays and enjoyed them quite a bit.

Besides that the new q-JAYS is a little more forward in presentation than ER4SR, the bass up to lower mid is actually quite similar between the two, where they are almost neutral in quanity. The main difference begins from upper mid up to treble. ER4SR is pretty much smooth all the way yet very detailed. where q-JAY is on the brighter, more edgy side.

Dec 15, 2016 at 3:19 AM Post #369 of 456
lol... accidentally ordered u-Jays cable instead of q-Jays cable... at least I have a pair of u-Jays :confused_face:

Also I should make a note of caution about the Comply Sport+ eartips for anyone considering them: they are incredibly comfortable but I do not get a good seal I believe due to the foam being highly compressible and porous. I think this is causing a loss off bass and body in the lower mids compared to the Isolation tips or the Shure Olives. I usually fit medium or medium-small tips including Comply brand- Perhaps ordering a size large would allow a greater seal with more material being compressed, but I will stick with Olives rather than test that speculation.

Jan 6, 2017 at 2:02 AM Post #370 of 456
lol... accidentally ordered u-Jays cable instead of q-Jays cable... at least I have a pair of u-Jays :confused_face:

Also I should make a note of caution about the Comply Sport+ eartips for anyone considering them: they are incredibly comfortable but I do not get a good seal I believe due to the foam being highly compressible and porous. I think this is causing a loss off bass and body in the lower mids compared to the Isolation tips or the Shure Olives. I usually fit medium or medium-small tips including Comply brand- Perhaps ordering a size large would allow a greater seal with more material being compressed, but I will stick with Olives rather than test that speculation.

Agreed Shure olives give better seal and lasts much longer as well.

Mar 14, 2017 at 12:56 AM Post #373 of 456
  How's the isolation on these headphones?

As good as the Shures IMO.  Because of the size you can get a deeper fit, and being dual BA there are no vents.  With the right tip - they isolate incredibly well.

Mar 14, 2017 at 4:19 AM Post #374 of 456
I'm a sucker for anniversary edition products, so I just ordered the q-Jays AE. Once I get them, I'll do a comparison with my AKR02 and IE 800.

Mar 21, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #375 of 456
I'm a sucker for anniversary edition products, so I just ordered the q-Jays AE. Once I get them, I'll do a comparison with my AKR02 and IE 800.

I received my q-JAYS AE yesterday. First impressions are good, very balanced sound and articulate trebles portrayed with a great sense of ease. The one thing that was a surprise is they distort when played at higher volume levels compared to my other IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back