post your grado mods....
May 27, 2005 at 6:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8,987

kramer5150

Headphoneus Supremus
Just throwing this general discussion out there.

Post your grado mods. Pads, cables, headband, earcups, woodwork... ANYTHING Goes!! Pics would be nice, but certainly not needed. Text will do just fine
icon10.gif

Garrett

May 27, 2005 at 6:31 PM Post #3 of 8,987
IMG_0068.jpg

1)Joe Grado SR200 - stock. With Headphile Unported Beta C-Pads. Thin Rosewood veneer. If I popped off those pads the cans are basically unmodded.

2)John Grado SR325 - definitely not stock. In fact, it's just the metal endcaps Larry stuck on there for my Headphile Headphone stand. How's that for a Grado mod?
smily_headphones1.gif

May 27, 2005 at 6:35 PM Post #4 of 8,987
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
lol wanna see my mod I did to the 325i's yesterday?

speaking of which anyone wanna buy a set?...minor water marks on them..lol lol

LOL my kid almost did a rootbeer-mod to my DT770 drivers

May 27, 2005 at 7:44 PM Post #5 of 8,987
SR225 with Headphile Woody/recable and flats (I see C-Pads in the future though) will probably post pics later on.

Ant

May 27, 2005 at 11:57 PM Post #7 of 8,987
I wash the earpads regularly. A little shampoo – squish – squish – squish – rinse – rinse – rinse - dry.

Kinda basic, kinda simple but it’s important to do. Flat Pads ain’t cheap after all and this is supposed to keep the at their best. Works for all Grado pads.

Mitch

May 28, 2005 at 12:10 AM Post #8 of 8,987
SR125: Aesthetic modification, replaced rear grille, wired in stereo jack to left earcup for single-side removeable cable, modded comfies to expose driver grille.

sr125-modded.jpg

May 28, 2005 at 12:16 AM Post #9 of 8,987
Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver
I wash the earpads regularly. A little shampoo – squish – squish – squish – rinse – rinse – rinse - dry.

Kinda basic, kinda simple but it’s important to do. Flat Pads ain’t cheap after all and this is supposed to keep the at their best. Works for all Grado pads.

Mitch

which shampoo would you recomend? Im looking for the highest quality shampoo. how does it sound after the treatment?

May 28, 2005 at 12:37 AM Post #10 of 8,987
Quote:

Mitch

Does repeated washing make them softer?... So they more easily contour to the ear?

May 28, 2005 at 12:44 AM Post #11 of 8,987
I use a special Audiophile Grade Shampoo only available in 2 ounce bottles for $50. I could send you some for $25 since I’m a nice guy. For a small additional fee I could Cryo-Treat it for you. It’ll take a few more days since it’ll have to stay in my freezer next to the ice cube trays for a full 3 days for proper results.

Do you want the Limited Edition Audiophile Dihydrogen Monoxide to go with the Shampoo? I can’t guarantee the results if you don’t use the Dihydrogen Monoxide with the Shampoo.

It’s supposed to make them softer and extend the life of the pads.

I pretty sure someone posted previously that it improves the high end response but can’t find the specific thread now.

Mitch

May 28, 2005 at 12:54 AM Post #12 of 8,987
Quote:

Originally Posted by arspy87
SR125: Aesthetic modification, replaced rear grille, wired in stereo jack to left earcup for single-side removeable cable, modded comfies to expose driver grille.

Here's a close-up of the jack.
smily_headphones1.gif

sr125-jack.jpg

May 28, 2005 at 12:57 AM Post #13 of 8,987
Quote:

I use a special Audiophile Grade Shampoo only available in 2 ounce bottles for $50. I could send you some for $25 since I’m a nice guy. For a small additional fee I could Cryo-Treat it for you. It’ll take a few more days since it’ll have to stay in my freezer next to the ice cube trays for a full 3 days for proper results.

Do you want the Limited Edition Audiophile Dihydrogen Monoxide to go with the Shampoo? I can’t guarantee the results if you don’t use the Dihydrogen Monoxide with the Shampoo.

ROTFLMAO
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 28, 2005 at 1:06 AM Post #14 of 8,987
When I washed my bowl pads with soap and water, it got rid of the wonderful Grado smell. :|

Users who are viewing this thread

Back