Positive review of Sony speakers
Jul 10, 2005 at 10:11 AM Post #16 of 20
OK, don't say I didn't spread the fun around. Bookshelf version of above-mentioned Sony speaker new at circuitcity.com for $120.00/pair shipped.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sony-...oductDetail.do

There's also a smaller version of the above bookshelf model, but only $10.00/pair less....

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sony-...oductDetail.do

If I don't already have a pair of Energy C-3 that I purchased at 40% off, I'd be all over these speakers. On the other hand, are the Sony's really that good?

Jul 10, 2005 at 6:14 PM Post #17 of 20
this looks pretty cool--especially with the bookshelves. If I can find a pair of the floor standers in AR and give 'em a listen before buying, it might be cool to make them fronts to the HT I'm gonna build at school this year. Looks like good ingredients to a pretty eye catching rig (for a student).

Jul 10, 2005 at 10:17 PM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by RYCeT
How good is it guys? Have anyone listen to this speaker yet? How is it compare to paradigm atom or titan?

That's the problem....no one has seem to have heard these speakers. So-called audiophiles see the name "Sony" on speakers and they "know" the speakers will sound "bad". I haven't heard these speakers neither but I've seen them, and based on looks and build quality, these Sony's own the Paradigm's.

If these Sony's sound as good as the Athena speakers, then these are serious bargains.

May 6, 2017 at 10:23 AM Post #20 of 20
To make a good pair of speakers nowdays is not a secret, good drivers are relatively cheap, and available for thousands of sources, and IMO the most expensive part is the cabinet, for a multimillionarie company like Sony, that should not be a problem, I don't see why Sony, nor any other could do a decent pair of spekers, if Axioms, or Dynaudio, Tannoy, can....there is no secret nowadays on that techonology, believe me, and even on the DIY world you may find extremelly good sounding speakers....

I will allow myself to add my comment , the reason all is to known market demand and maximum sales at relative quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back