Pittsburgh HeadPhile Meet!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 25, 2017 at 7:12 PM Post #167 of 183
Kudos to organizers of this meet! Thank you, Craig!
Huge thanks to our hosts from Music To My Ear!

I had a great time there today.

Who would have thought that BH Crack could best Auralic Taurus when paired with original HD800??? Surprise!

I was considering selling my BH Crack, but now I think that can wait.
Instead, I started to wonder what used market for HD800 looks like...

Mar 25, 2017 at 9:28 PM Post #168 of 183
Kudos to organizers of this meet! Thank you, Craig!
Huge thanks to our hosts from Music To My Ear!

I had a great time there today.

Who would have thought that BH Crack could best Auralic Taurus when paired with original HD800??? Surprise!

I was considering selling my BH Crack, but now I think that can wait.
Instead, I started to wonder what used market for HD800 looks like...

Olek I always love going back and forth with you listening to headphone rigs! Man the HD800 sang with the Bottlehead Crack.... It was spectacular.

Mar 25, 2017 at 9:32 PM Post #169 of 183
Here's some shots from day 2 of the meet. I had a really great time! I wish I could have sat down to listen more but trying to help the customers was more important.... here's some pics from the meet that I did get to take.

Next time I will make sure the table doesn't get so messy! :)

Mar 27, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #170 of 183
Sad I had to miss, caught a stomach plague that was trying to kill me. I hope to make the next one, and at least get to the shop at some point.. Im excited a store is this close to me... but my wife regretfully is not :wink:

Mar 27, 2017 at 5:18 PM Post #171 of 183
Sad I had to miss, caught a stomach plague that was trying to kill me. I hope to make the next one, and at least get to the shop at some point.. Im excited a store is this close to me... but my wife regretfully is not :wink:

I'm sorry for your gut! That sounds awful... you def should come down some time the place is fun.

And I bet she isn't glad!! :wink:

May 8, 2017 at 7:57 AM Post #174 of 183
How's the shop fellas? I plan on stopping by this upcoming week to check it out. I'm off work this whole week.

It's the best it's ever been (no joke!). We got the shelving up, so everything is nice and neat and easy to use. We moved the gear methodically around so you have your choice of using Tidal or numerous CD players to use with all the gear. So plug and play is at an all time high! :)

May 8, 2017 at 8:57 AM Post #175 of 183
Awesome stuff. I'm so happy yinz put the burgh on the headfi map!
It's the best it's ever been (no joke!). We got the shelving up, so everything is nice and neat and easy to use. We moved the gear methodically around so you have your choice of using Tidal or numerous CD players to use with all the gear. So plug and play is at an all time high! :)

May 8, 2017 at 11:39 AM Post #176 of 183
Thanks!! It had been my mission to try and get MTME and the burgh on the headfi map. It's a slow process but we are getting there.... when I first went in to MTME I was floored... I want more people to get that experience!

May 8, 2017 at 10:55 PM Post #177 of 183
Thanks!! It had been my mission to try and get MTME and the burgh on the headfi map. It's a slow process but we are getting there.... when I first went in to MTME I was floored... I want more people to get that experience!

Would there be an issue to bring in your own gear (say, DAC, amp, headphones) to listen to some headphones with or compare against? Its good to have a reference of course, and I'd be happy to have the staff try out my stuff.

May 9, 2017 at 12:02 AM Post #178 of 183
Would there be an issue to bring in your own gear (say, DAC, amp, headphones) to listen to some headphones with or compare against? Its good to have a reference of course, and I'd be happy to have the staff try out my stuff.

That's totally fine! I actually asked Mark (the owner) If I could bring my DAC in on my second visit there :wink:. He was cool with it then and he is cool with it now.

May 9, 2017 at 6:01 PM Post #179 of 183
I'm an hour away in N.E Ohio, I plan on taking a Sat. drive to audition the Questyle 600i..Do you carry any Ifi kit?

May 9, 2017 at 6:18 PM Post #180 of 183
I'm an hour away in N.E Ohio, I plan on taking a Sat. drive to audition the Questyle 600i..Do you carry any Ifi kit?

We do not carry and Ifi gear.... but please feel free swing by! Also like I said to @The_Blood_Raven , feel bring to take anything with you, amp/DAC wise that you want to compare!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back