Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android | MQA | 2x MicroSD | WiFi | AptX
May 29, 2017 at 7:05 PM Post #886 of 2,532
@kingkikapu yes I do. I have had the same problem with my smartphone, too. At least with some SD cards. Only tried an old one today, will buy another one tomorrow to test it. Spotify and SD cards has always been a pain in the a**. I recommend uninstalling Spotify, formatting the SD, reinsert it, then install Spotify and then choose SD storage before offlining anything. Good luck.

May 29, 2017 at 9:16 PM Post #887 of 2,532
@kingkikapu yes I do. I have had the same problem with my smartphone, too. At least with some SD cards. Only tried an old one today, will buy another one tomorrow to test it. Spotify and SD cards has always been a pain in the a**. I recommend uninstalling Spotify, formatting the SD, reinsert it, then install Spotify and then choose SD storage before offlining anything. Good luck.

Did that survive a reboot? it seems everytime i reboot and have to re-login back to spotify ends in failure...

May 29, 2017 at 9:58 PM Post #888 of 2,532
Also finally got my DHC balanced cable and was wondering which balanced mode people have preferred: balanced or A.C.G.? I have a massive favourite, but was curious what others thought?

May 31, 2017 at 4:26 PM Post #890 of 2,532
Got my XDP-300R from Amazon in the US last week based on the feedback in this forum. It is paired to a Campfire Audio Vega. Excellent combo.
This was until I decided to update the applications on the machine. I have noticed multiple reboots, random reboots, and even had a case where the XDP-300R did not boot only after multiple tries.
To cut the story short, after the last software update I cannot power the XDP-300R without getting into a constant reboot loop. Sometimes I get the power symbol (although the XDP-300R is connected to power), and sometimes it boots nearly until the end just to reboot again. Eventually I get "Android is starting..." and "Optimizing app xx of 117". Once it ends it works again, but that is until the next random reboot.

I would appreciate your advise.

Thanks,
Ofir

My XDP-300R will be going back to the reseller. Pioneer USA has no idea what I should do with it - e.g. they claim there is no hard reset. I beg the difference since I was able, once, to hard reset it to factory defaults but have no clue which buttons I pressed. Very frustrating.

Jun 1, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #891 of 2,532
I couldn't detect any difference in quality, soundstage etc... It's pretty tricky to compare because of the volume difference, tho

Using CA Vegas and DHC balanced cable I found balanced horribly flat with a significantly smaller soundstage versus what was heard on ACG. Even with volume differences accounted for I far prefered single ended over balanced. ACG was great and my preferred driving method, but it made me wonder if there was a setting I messed up to have balanced sound so weak.

Jun 2, 2017 at 3:43 AM Post #892 of 2,532
Using CA Vegas and DHC balanced cable I found balanced horribly flat with a significantly smaller soundstage versus what was heard on ACG. Even with volume differences accounted for I far prefered single ended over balanced. ACG was great and my preferred driving method, but it made me wonder if there was a setting I messed up to have balanced sound so weak.
Do you have variable line out activated in the settings?

Jun 2, 2017 at 11:07 AM Post #893 of 2,532
just wanna ask. is this alot better overall than a fiio x5 3rd gen? may get a chance to buy an android dap and wanna know my options.

I'll be in hong kong next week was thinking of hunting the fiio or this down. :) hope for recommendations.

Jun 2, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #894 of 2,532
I guess the catch is you have to make sure you get the unit that from the region, and from an authorized dealer.

This is very true. Onkyo/Pioneer has what seems like a weird customer support model. I bought an Onkyo DAP and can't even register it - neither the US nor the Japanese websites will accept the information. Onkyo customer service absolutely could not care less, with a tone that borders on surly. And I doubt I can approach the vendor (J-Made); they seemed uninterested in any form of support. So, I'm on my own it would seem. Quite disappointing that the manufacturer will not stand behind their product, and has such a frankly weird distribution model where you can buy unsupported Japanese units in North America via amazon.

The newer Onkyo/Pioneer DAPs seem to offer good performance in their price point, but I would tend to steer clear in making future purchasing decisions based on this poor soft-skills-space UX. It shouldn't take iBasso or FiiO long to offer feature-par and price-par units.

Jun 3, 2017 at 7:24 AM Post #899 of 2,532
Anyone know where I can get this - or similar - in the UK or Europe? Many thanks.

Screen Shot 2017-06-03 at 12.28.45.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-03 at 12.28.45.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-03 at 12.28.45.png
    868.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 3, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #900 of 2,532
mac should see the 300. however the android transfer program is complete pain in the ass and after a certain amount of files you cant drop new ones into the free space in the window.. so tbh just put the micro sd card into the machine its far easier

Users who are viewing this thread

Back