Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android | MQA | 2x MicroSD | WiFi | AptX
Apr 15, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #826 of 2,532
  Recently I've had the X5 III for reviewing purposes. Overall I still prefer the Pioneer but if you need a stronger amp and don't want to carry around anything extra I can imagine that's a +1 for the FiiO.
For me the mids on the X5 III sounded a bit thin, hollow but with a wider soundstage. When listening balanced the hollowness was largely gone.
Unfortunately I could not find enough time to give them a thorough head-to-head.

thanks maniac2003 ... :)

Apr 19, 2017 at 5:30 AM Post #827 of 2,532
Could someone please confirm whether your screen rotates horizontally when displaying the “Music” App content or navigating the Internal Storage or SD Card folders?

Horizontal rotation works fine for me on the “settings” menu for instance, and other content such as Internet websites, but not on the App and folders mentioned above, and it seems weird rotation is not always working or is content dependant (I obviously have the all rotation features activated).

Thanks

Apr 19, 2017 at 6:32 AM Post #828 of 2,532
Mine doesn't seem to rotate in the music app. I don't know if I'm missing something on settings, though.

Apr 20, 2017 at 12:24 PM Post #830 of 2,532
Very impressed with the 300R but received a very uniquely packaged unit!

The outer box had a plastic bag around it with a piece of tape that had not been ripped open before (from the unboxing videos they all seem to come in a bag. The device itself was in a bag with the 2 circular stickers intact, holding it against the cardboard box. Opened the bag, removed the unit, to find that the clear sheet that is meant to be over the screen to protect it in transit, had been stuck to the backside of the unit instead of the front! There were no fingermarks anywhere...screen is perfectly intact with no scratches. There were no signs it had been used before and upon first switch-on, it started with the usual first sign-in. The store insists they have a strict policy never to resell as new a previously opened unit.

So I can only assume, my unit left the factory like this. Or it was opened and re-packed to update the firmware by Pioneer themselves. A mystery?

Is there supposed to be any demo / sample music tracks on the 300R? There weren't any on mine...

Apr 20, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #831 of 2,532
No music on mine. Came with the screen protector On The screen, so tight I can't remove it.

Apr 22, 2017 at 3:19 PM Post #834 of 2,532
Hi everyone,I just signed up for an account to ask a question about my XDP-300R. Sometimes when I listened music with the pre-installed app "music" for about an hour later, the music occasionally paused for 1 or 2 seconds and then back to normal.The frequency of occurrence is about once or twice an hour,did anyone know what is the cause of this situation?
The music file is present in the micro-SD card which is Toshiba 128GB u3.But I don't sure its format is FAT32 or ex-FAT,does it effect?  Besides, I don't install any other apps in this device, and I check the ram, it still have 1.1GB remaining.
If someone know how to fix this problem I would be very appreciate.Many thanks to you all.

Apr 23, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #837 of 2,532
Haven't had the pausing issue. Do have tagging issues, though, have to retag lots of stuff. Doesn't seem to play well with JRiver either, do best just drag/drop folders (then JRiver doesn't recognize them at all).
Anyone compare the built in music app with Poweramp and/or Neutron, or others, for that matter? I have Neutron and Poweramp downloaded on it, don't behave as well as the internal app in terms of finding all the music on the player. Think they sound better, but not sure (they also just start themselves when I turn on the player).

Also, finding battery life to be disappointing...

Apr 23, 2017 at 9:20 PM Post #839 of 2,532
Haven't had the pausing issue. Do have tagging issues, though, have to retag lots of stuff. Doesn't seem to play well with JRiver either, do best just drag/drop folders (then JRiver doesn't recognize them at all).

Anyone compare the built in music app with Poweramp and/or Neutron, or others, for that matter? I have Neutron and Poweramp downloaded on it, don't behave as well as the internal app in terms of finding all the music on the player. Think they sound better, but not sure (they also just start themselves when I turn on the player).

Also, finding battery life to be disappointing...

For the battery, disable as many of the Google apps you can, except Google Store, to update. Can't speak for you, but I only use mine to play music. The rest are bloatware in my eyes, this helped me extend the battery time as almost all of them run in the background, using them or not. Using the 3.5 jack seems to drain the battery faster than the 2.5 balanced one. Someone explained why a few pages back.

As for other Hi-def apps, I only have Hiby Music and Onkyo HF player, unlocked, which opens up the hi-def options. With the exception of the built in music apk and the Onkyo one, once unlocked, I have NOT found one that utilizes the 300R's full capabilities. I am going to write a comparison between the Onkyo HF and built in music app, as soon as I am done testing, but I can say they are, for the most part, identical in their maximization of the 300R. Others don't have or can't use all the 300R's Hi-def options.

Apr 23, 2017 at 9:34 PM Post #840 of 2,532
Thanks @Necron99. Did you go into the manager to disable them? I like the other apps, but, Hey, I have an HTC10, don't really need to duplicate all that function.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back