Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Apr 30, 2017 at 8:08 AM Post #23,672 of 37,597
Nice! How does the B&O module sound compared to a dedicated solution?

I've always been interested in that phone because like the modules and replaceable battery.

Pretty good, actually. Pitch black background (no hiss even with the most sensitive IEMs), good separation and spaciousness, clean frequency response and plenty of power.

The G5 is now around 350 bucks here. The module is available from 75 bucks. It should be difficult to find a DAP for under 500€ that can compete with this package. An extra battery is recommended, though. That module draws a lot of power!

Apr 30, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #23,674 of 37,597
Opus & Jupiter 01.jpg

Opus#1>CA Jupiter is true high-res audio at a price that won't kill you. I'm mighty impressed.

May 3, 2017 at 5:02 AM Post #23,683 of 37,597
What do you think about the comparison of the balance out from those devices (PB3 amp vs X5iii)?

I'm waiting on a balanced cable to find out the answer. I find very little difference between the PB3 and the Fiio X5iii on SE - lots more power, obviously using the amp, but no qualitative difference. I bought it to try the balanced out on the PB3. There is a big difference in output specs between balanced and SE on the iBasso amp, whereas there is no big difference on the Fiio between the two, and I've seen comments from others that they couldn't tell much difference between balanced and SE on the X5iii. So I am curious about what I will find.

I do notice slightly less hiss using the PB3 with the Fiio, like the background is quieter. I am using CA Jupiters which seem to be more sensitive than other IEMs I've used - Focal SPhears, RHA T20s, and CA Lyra II's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back