Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)
Mar 3, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #3,393 of 3,551
Finally got my man cave done:

JK
biggrin.gif

http://homes.yahoo.com/news/5-home-upgrades-avoid-192722991.html

At $650k, it's worth more than my house
redface.gif

Mar 3, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #3,396 of 3,551
Quote:

JK
biggrin.gif

redface.gif

i come at 5 P.M. and i bring the beer

Mar 5, 2013 at 12:38 PM Post #3,397 of 3,551
Quote:

And before Doug chastises me again, I'm still positioning the speakers. :)

Awesome!!!  You have some really great pieces there.  I bet they work really well together.

Mar 7, 2013 at 7:27 PM Post #3,398 of 3,551
Looking at the examples I think this lot fits in here!

Though technically it is all portable I like to think of it as an off the grid home/hotel system

Starting of with Analog Squared Papers TU-05 SET class A tube amp, Battery powered which gives inky black and crystal clear sonic backgrounds. I have NOS Mullards in this picture but also have some NOS Lorenz Stuttgart's as well as Brimar's GE's La Radiotechnique's and a few others!

Feeding the amp is my just arrived (and one of the last new ones available) HiFiMan HM-801 which I am mightily impressed with and is, in the short time I have been listening, far superior to my old CLAS/Classic source. I have some Hi-Rez files loaded but the majority so far are Wav's ripped from my CD collection.

Rounding off is a pair of earphones that one must treat as equivalents to full sized I feel, the Final Audio Design Piano Forte IX. Not only do they get the better of my LCD's they are such an unusual design in that they simply place in the ears and that loose fitting is intrinsic to how they sound.. Which is for me top of the line, roughly the price of Beyer T1's so suitably high end as is the amp which as far as I am aware is not only the smallest Single Ended Triode amp around but also the only battery powered one. The sound of it is rather wonderful, detailed, smooth but not overly romantic, very fast and dynamic, I love it.

All of this is the culmination of a three year headphone journey and I can finally, hand on heart say this is my "end game" headphone rig.

Now to focus on a move back to Europe where I can at last then have a home based system once more!

Mar 9, 2013 at 12:04 AM Post #3,400 of 3,551
Thanks so much, I am a big fan of Thoreau so simplicity is important to me.

Mar 11, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #3,402 of 3,551
Quote:

JK
biggrin.gif

redface.gif

Looks lush Grokit! - I wish you health to use it, and when I'm in your area I'd love to appreciate that with you... 

With love and best wishes,
Windsor

Mar 11, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #3,403 of 3,551
Morbidtoaster, your rig is looking great these days!

P.S. I'm looking for a new hi-end DAC/Amp since my optically-connected Lavry DA10 no longer works with my laptop. following the snapping off of a headphone plug in my laptop's headphone jack - new pics will follow. Details of my available DA10 here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/654919/lavry-da10-reference-quality-dac-amp#post_9249854

smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 11, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #3,404 of 3,551
Just added a HeadAmp KGSS to drive my SR-009s and I'm very happy with the results. It's freakin' huge. Dwarfs my GS-X and CD player easily. Even a touch bigger than the LL (1056 cubed inches vs. 983 cubed inches). Had to move my CD player from the bottom into the middle. Luckily it just barely fit.

Mar 11, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #3,405 of 3,551
Quote:
Just added a HeadAmp KGSS to drive my SR-009s and I'm very happy with the results. It's freakin' huge. Dwarfs my GS-X and CD player easily. Even a touch bigger than the LL (1056 cubed inches vs. 983 cubed inches). Had to move my CD player from the bottom into the middle. Luckily it just barely fit.

awesome setup!!! love it!!!

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back