Philips Fidelio X2?!
Apr 19, 2017 at 10:16 PM Post #12,211 of 15,268
  Is it me or does the X2's scale a lot better when given some nice juicy power ?, I mean I know it's only 35 ohms, but it scales even better when I give a bit more juice

They do sound better w/ some juice, are the fibbing about the 35-38 ohms just for sales??? Hmm. 

Apr 21, 2017 at 10:09 AM Post #12,212 of 15,268
I just received a HD650. So if anyone wants any comparison between the X2 and HD650, just tell me.

Initial impression are that the HD650 has significantly better separation and transparency but X2 has better soundstage and bass. With the HD650, i enjoy how everything is presented in layers and with black background. With the X2, it's all about soundstage with a bit more bass. They are two very different headphones although they share very similiar signature. In car terms, it's like a RWD and AWD of the same car. They both excel at different things.

Apr 21, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #12,214 of 15,268
If I connect a mod mic to this, does it share the cable or would I have 2 long wires coming off my headphones. I wasn't sure how it'd work for headphones that don't have removable plugs

Two cables, one for the modmic going to the mixamp or PC and one from the X2 going to the mixamp or PC.

Apr 21, 2017 at 11:00 AM Post #12,215 of 15,268
If I connect a mod mic to this, does it share the cable or would I have 2 long wires coming off my headphones. I wasn't sure how it'd work for headphones that don't have removable plugs

The X2 does have a removable cord though. You can use a V-MODA BoomPro with it. One single cable.

Apr 24, 2017 at 6:57 PM Post #12,217 of 15,268
Apr 24, 2017 at 9:55 PM Post #12,218 of 15,268
  I just received a HD650. So if anyone wants any comparison between the X2 and HD650, just tell me.

Initial impression are that the HD650 has significantly better separation and transparency but X2 has better soundstage and bass. With the HD650, i enjoy how everything is presented in layers and with black background. With the X2, it's all about soundstage with a bit more bass. They are two very different headphones although they share very similiar signature. In car terms, it's like a RWD and AWD of the same car. They both excel at different things.

Nice, thanks for the comparison. The X2s definitely have pretty wild soundstage/bass, but in a good way.

Apr 27, 2017 at 11:06 AM Post #12,220 of 15,268
Woke up to these ink spots on my wooden table few days ago after letting the headphones rest on it all night (not intentional, just randomly placed when I went to bed). Also just tried letting them rest on a piece of white paper for about half an hour which also left ink spots. So, be aware. :)

Screenshot_2.jpg

May 1, 2017 at 9:01 AM Post #12,221 of 15,268
So I've been struggling with channel imbalance on my Woox X2s for a while and settled for about 92% on the right channel in windows to balance it out.
Today I got sick of having the V-Moda BoomPro connected so I swapped it out for a regular aux cable and suddenly the imbalance was gone.

Anyone else having this issue?
Figured lots of you have the X2+BoomPro combo as well.

May 8, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #12,222 of 15,268
Recently had a big listening session of Postmodern Jukebox through these. Thoroughly enjoyed.

May 10, 2017 at 11:22 PM Post #12,223 of 15,268
I am planning on getting a pair of these headphones for only PC gaming (no music at all). I have a question in terms of how to set it up as I am a little confused on the best method for this particular headphone set. I don't mind spending money, but if it is marginal to no difference then Id prefer to not spend extra.

What would be the way to go?

Sound card? (Sound blaster or Asus)
AMP/DAC? (FiiO EK10 vs Schitt stack)
Straight to motherboard? (high end $400 board - Asus Formula VIII)

Last edited:
May 11, 2017 at 2:57 AM Post #12,224 of 15,268
I would definetly recommend the AMP/DAC route. Specifically in your case the Fiio EK10. If you're just getting started there's no point getting carried away, until you want to. These headphones are not difficult to drive and externalising audio processing from the PC is always recommended. The Fiio is more than capable of driving a wide range of headphones should you wish to expand your collection.

May 11, 2017 at 9:50 AM Post #12,225 of 15,268
I would definetly recommend the AMP/DAC route. Specifically in your case the Fiio EK10. If you're just getting started there's no point getting carried away, until you want to. These headphones are not difficult to drive and externalising audio processing from the PC is always recommended. The Fiio is more than capable of driving a wide range of headphones should you wish to expand your collection.
Thats kind of what I was leaning towards tbh. But there would be no benefit to using a sound card or something like an Astro Mixamp to get virtual 7.1 SS since I am doing exclusively gaming?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back