Philips Fidelio L2
Jul 1, 2017 at 1:58 AM Post #961 of 1,146
it's like you are hearing your music better than you ever have.

Jul 4, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #962 of 1,146
Jul 4, 2017 at 11:22 AM Post #963 of 1,146
They are down to $99.00 again for the next couple of days.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=0TH-003M-001E6
Does anyone know what this warning is in reference to ?
none.gif
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including one or more listed chemicals which are known to the State of California to cause cancer or birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov

Jul 4, 2017 at 11:41 AM Post #964 of 1,146
That is a great deal! I just ordered another pair as a future birthday gift, so thanks for the heads up!

California requires warning labels on air, water and food, as well as high fidelity audio equipment - they are know to be hazardous to your health when you wear tinfoil hats. However, if you pay their very high taxes you will be allowed to buy these. :cop: You have been warned! :bow:

Jul 4, 2017 at 11:42 AM Post #965 of 1,146
it's on all of the headphones pages...obviously, there is some plastic used in headphones that "off gasses" chemicals...nothing to worry about, just don't eat the headphones.
The headphones don't smell a lot when you get them, no more than any other consumer electronics.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2017 at 6:55 AM Post #966 of 1,146
They are down to $99.00 again for the next couple of days.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=0TH-003M-001E6

Another excellent deal. I wonder if the L2 is being phased out for a newer model with all of these sales as of late?

I wouldn't be surprised if the L2 goes on sale again during Amazon's Prime Day on the 11th. I just read on dealnews.com that last year's Prime Day sale yielded over 200,000 headphones sold.

https://dealnews.com/features/when-is-Amazon-Prime-day-and-will-deals-be-good/

Jul 5, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #967 of 1,146
Another excellent deal. I wonder if the L2 is being phased out for a newer model with all of these sales as of late?

I thought the same thing last year when the L2 sort of disappeared from stores after going on sale for $99.00 on Newegg and Amazon for a brief time....for a few months they seemed to be in very limited supply and the price hovered around $180.00. I read somewhere that since Gibson bought Philips headphone division, and Gibson is having financial woes, they perhaps won't be putting money into developing the next iteration of these. Who knows how true that is though?
I would love to see a Massdrop Fidelio LX2 ...with Hybrid pads (I have the HM5 hybrids on mine and they are PERFECT for the Fidelios) and a longer second cable for at home listening. (the included cable with mic is great, the second one that is the exact same length is kind of pointless)

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2017 at 2:58 PM Post #968 of 1,146
I thought the same thing last year when the L2 sort of disappeared from stores after going on sale for $99.00 on Newegg and Amazon for a brief time....for a few months they seemed to be in very limited supply and the price hovered around $180.00. I read somewhere that since Gibson bought Philips headphone division, and Gibson is having financial woes, they perhaps won't be putting money into developing the next iteration of these. Who knows how true that is though?
I would love to see a Massdrop Fidelio LX2 ...with Hybrid pads (I have the HM5 hybrids on mine and they are PERFECT for the Fidelios) and a longer second cable for at home listening. (the included cable with mic is great, the second one that is the exact same length is kind of pointless)

Well I'm glad I snagged the L2 when I did. It'd be a shame if Gibson abandons the Fidelio line going forward.

Jul 5, 2017 at 3:55 PM Post #969 of 1,146
Glad you're enjoying the L2. I still have my pair and listen to them occasionally. My other portable cans are the P7 and MSR7 and the L2 has the all around more pleasing sound of the three. You got one heck of a deal too since I paid over $300 back when it was first released.

Jul 5, 2017 at 5:03 PM Post #970 of 1,146
Glad you're enjoying the L2. I still have my pair and listen to them occasionally. My other portable cans are the P7 and MSR7 and the L2 has the all around more pleasing sound of the three. You got one heck of a deal too since I paid over $300 back when it was first released.

Yes, I'm more than pleased with the L2. I think I hit the sweet spot for being my first set of serious headphones without having to break the bank.

Out of curiosity what are you using as source/dac/amp? I've been using mine directly into my Win 7 Dell XPS 13 laptop, a 7" Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (Android 4.4.2), a Sony Walkman mp3 player (8gb model) and a couple of 3rd gen. Apple Shuffle (2gb model) mp3 players. The majority of my listening has been on the laptop though since that's where the largest portion of my WAV files reside. No amp/dac yet.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2017 at 5:23 PM Post #971 of 1,146
I like the convenience of my phone so I bought the Centrance Skyn for my iPhone 6 Plus. Like that combo but now I have the 7 Plus so it's straight out of that. Not as good as using a dac/amp but still satisfactory since my files are mostly lossless also.

Jul 5, 2017 at 5:47 PM Post #972 of 1,146
I like the convenience of my phone so I bought the Centrance Skyn for my iPhone 6 Plus. Like that combo but now I have the 7 Plus so it's straight out of that. Not as good as using a dac/amp but still satisfactory since my files are mostly lossless also.

Cool. Thanks for sharing. I have yet to decide which direction I'll go for the dac/amp. I'm debating between a portable unit and a desktop unit. I'm still researching all the various options at the moment, but not in a hurry. Do you have any suggestions? I'm all ears.

Jul 5, 2017 at 6:37 PM Post #973 of 1,146
Cool. Thanks for sharing. I have yet to decide which direction I'll go for the dac/amp. I'm debating between a portable unit and a desktop unit. I'm still researching all the various options at the moment, but not in a hurry. Do you have any suggestions? I'm all ears.

I currently have the Oppo HA2 and really like it. It's been one of my favorites. Works with the mobile and desktop. The newer SE version is suppose to be better too. Nice power and clean sound. Yulong and Audio GD make some good stuff for desktop and worth a look. I'm not a fan of overpriced brands these days and those two are tops without breaking the bank for quality and sound IMO.

Jul 5, 2017 at 7:03 PM Post #974 of 1,146
I currently have the Oppo HA2 and really like it. It's been one of my favorites. Works with the mobile and desktop. The newer SE version is suppose to be better too. Nice power and clean sound. Yulong and Audio GD make some good stuff for desktop and worth a look. I'm not a fan of overpriced brands these days and those two are tops without breaking the bank for quality and sound IMO.

Thanks, Danny. Appreciate the input. I'm familiar with OPPO but not Yulong or Audio GD, so I'll do some research on those brands.

Jul 6, 2017 at 11:05 PM Post #975 of 1,146
How does the L2 bass compare with the hd598? I was seriously looking at the x2(like damn near clicking place order) but were talking 150 dollar difference and if the x2 isnt worth 150 more than L2 i would hate to spend it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back