Perspectives on Audio posted by a new member.

Discussion in 'Currawong' started by currawong, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Currawong Contributor
    Once in a blue moon someone signs up and starts off with a great post such as this one. For myself, I can that the question in perspective #1: "What am I hearing?" has been quite a bit of my focus for a while.

Quote:

2. Frank I
    That's was maybe the best post ever posted on headfi since i have been here. thanks so much for the contribution and it is all so true, i hope to see more post like these all i can say is Wow. Well done

3. Deep Funk
    That post was worth the read...

4. Windsor
    Nice post.

For me I find that I enjoy listening to music more when I'm hearing the music in the present moment and not thinking about the equipment involved in the process. In all honesty, I've probably enjoyed music more recently with my iPod and HD 25 on-the-go than I have when scrutinizing Sennheiser HD 6xx's and a Lavry DAC at home. That may be due to the HD 25's PRaT getting me out of my thinking and into my body. When that happens, I often feel really satisfied and in the moment, and enjoy my life more.

Hearing the music in the moment seems to be key for me, and if even if I think about the equipment involved, I've noticed that as soon as I forget about the equipment i.e. accept the sound signature, my level of enjoyment with the music goes up and I'm with the music here now.

It seems that there is more of the moment to experience when we are in the moment instead of thinking about the moment. When we are not distracted from the moment by thinking i.e. when the moment is not 'coloured' with our thinking, then there is more of the moment to experience; that's probably why the present moment seems so full and satisfying, which is where peak experiences exist - that's what I think bk4music may be referring to above and is also what I have experienced when going to live concerts and listening with my iPod & HD 25 combe, and it's for that reason I think that the Tao Te Ching states that 'Tao that can be named isn't Tao.' But that's another story.:)

P.S. I'm still really looking forward to checking out music via the LCD-2 and the HE-500. :)

5. Tiemen
    "what's good and what's bad?..... For me it's about "more foot taps per minute." 

This is exactly what's important for me too.
    No foot taps, even after some tinkering, the headphone has to go.
    Simple and effective.

Perspective #1 is so very true, as is the rest of the writing.

Thanks for sharing this great post from a wise man. Should be sticky somewhere....

6. snickerpop
    Very good post.