Oriolus Forsteni Impressions Thread
Mar 13, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #17 of 39
forsteni is up on the massdrop guys!

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/oriolus-forsteni-iems

hopefully people buy it and more reviews will come.

Interesting. That does not look like the version for sale on the Oriolus direct website. Differences are:

1. Black cable instead of PW5 cable
  2. Leather case instead of cloth bag

Not much of a discount imho and shipping is in April.

Apr 15, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #20 of 39
Been pairing mine with the SXC8/SXC24 giving me lots more resolution in the mids compared to the stock black cable.

So I finally managed to audition the Forsteni and I agree that the mids are the one that are lacking - especially compared to the original oriolus. I felt that the mids are lacking weight (a bit thin)..
What you meant by "resolution", does it mean that you've managed to get a fuller mids with the replacement cable?

Apr 15, 2017 at 11:19 PM Post #21 of 39
So I finally managed to audition the Forsteni and I agree that the mids are the one that are lacking - especially compared to the original oriolus. I felt that the mids are lacking weight (a bit thin)..
What you meant by "resolution", does it mean that you've managed to get a fuller mids with the replacement cable?

Yes, the mids are fuller with an upgrade cable.

May 19, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #25 of 39
Nice review. I hadn't tried the foam tips and they are more comfortable to my ears. I also decided to go with the included PW cable in SE mode out of my AK380. Sounds a little more mid forward than my prior silver balanced cable.

May 19, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #26 of 39
Nice review. I hadn't tried the foam tips and they are more comfortable to my ears. I also decided to go with the included PW cable in SE mode out of my AK380. Sounds a little more mid forward than my prior silver balanced cable.
Thanks.

So silver makes it a bit more v-shaped? I didn't try with silver, but PW No.5 works really well.

May 19, 2017 at 5:10 PM Post #27 of 39
Thanks.

So silver makes it a bit more v-shaped? I didn't try with silver, but PW No.5 works really well.

I don't know if the material makes that much more difference, but the silver cable was balanced termination and on the AK380 which does have a more neutral tone. The SE output sounds a little mid warm to me with a touch smoother high end.

May 20, 2017 at 5:44 AM Post #29 of 39
I also have the ES3 and i can also say that the Forsteni has better bass delivery/punch. But to my ears, the Treble control is better on the ES3.
Hmmmm how much better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back