*Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread*
Apr 10, 2017 at 7:01 AM Post #2,361 of 2,577
Just purchased a Magni 2 Uber Modi 2 uber combo to drive my headphones. Looking to purchase a set of active speakers like the Aktimate Mini B+. I assume i can connect these to the Magni phono output?

Thanks,

James.

The magni 2 Uber doesn't have a phono output, it has pre-amp output and as long as your powered monitors have single-ended (rca) inputs then yes you can hook them up to the magni 2 Uber.

Apr 10, 2017 at 8:45 AM Post #2,363 of 2,577
  Thanks @Letmebefrank , a little new to the Schiit world.

So the Aktimate Mini B+ speakers are ok...?

It's all good.

As for the speakers, I'm not sure if they are or not, I cant find much information on them. Powered speakers I have heard include Kanto Yumi, Edifier S1000DB, and Presonus Eris 4.5. The Kanto Yumis are my favorite by far. They sound fantastic. I would look into them if you can get them where you live.

Apr 10, 2017 at 9:05 PM Post #2,365 of 2,577
Hello!
I have mimby and magni 2uber.is it possibile that with my lcd2 fazor they sound better and clearer than with more powerful and pricier amps?

The magni 2 Uber will take you to the threshold of pain, so you don't need a more powerful amp and it has very low distortion, lower than a human can detect. If you feel the need to set your wallet on fire, then that's a different type of criteria. I'm sure you can find another/better use for the money. You already have a nice setup, enjoy it.
LCD-2 sensitivity is 101 dB/mW @ 70 Ohms.

Apr 10, 2017 at 11:08 PM Post #2,366 of 2,577

The magni 2 Uber will take you to the threshold of pain, so you don't need a more powerful amp and it has very low distortion, lower than a human can detect. If you feel the need to set your wallet on fire, then that's a different type of criteria. I'm sure you can find another/better use for the money. You already have a nice setup, enjoy it.
LCD-2 sensitivity is 101 dB/mW @ 70 Ohms.

Yea most headphones can already get loud with just 50mw of power lol

Apr 11, 2017 at 10:07 PM Post #2,368 of 2,577

i'm not talking about volume, but dynamic and authority...
how can it be that a magni2 can compete with an amp that costs 650eur?

Define dynamic and authority and what properties of an amp delivers this? To answer your question, "easily."

Apr 11, 2017 at 10:17 PM Post #2,369 of 2,577

i'm not talking about volume, but dynamic and authority...
how can it be that a magni2 can compete with an amp that costs 650eur?

Schiit seems to be a brand that offers great value. They seem to take a lot of pride in that. When I decided to buy an HD650, the first company that came to mind when looking for an amp was Schiit. They have made a very good name for themselves.

I have zero complaints about my HD650 and Magni 2 Uber pairing. It sounds clean, clear, uncolored and offers plenty of power. At a certain point with audio, especially with amps and DAC's the point of diminishing returns comes on pretty strong. A $650 amp may sound better, but how much better, and is it really worth the extra cost? How much are you willing to spend for an extra 5% better sound? 

I think the only reason I would upgrade is to maybe try a balanced setup at some point. 

Apr 11, 2017 at 11:01 PM Post #2,370 of 2,577

Schiit seems to be a brand that offers great value. They seem to take a lot of pride in that. When I decided to buy an HD650, the first company that came to mind when looking for an amp was Schiit. They have made a very good name for themselves.

I have zero complaints about my HD650 and Magni 2 Uber pairing. It sounds clean, clear, uncolored and offers plenty of power. At a certain point with audio, especially with amps and DAC's the point of diminishing returns comes on pretty strong. A $650 amp may sound better, but how much better, and is it really worth the extra cost? How much are you willing to spend for an extra 5% better sound? 

I think the only reason I would upgrade is to maybe try a balanced setup at some point. 

Not everyone lives down the block from the Vanderbilts (Hyde Park humor) and is willing to blow a wad of cash on an Amp which would be unlikely to sound any better. I'd save the money for another pair of cans.
This is in your neck of the woods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back