Official Pittsburgh 2017 Meet - July 22nd - Music to My Ear
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 12, 2017 at 10:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 75

Netherwind

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys!

A big shoutout to Music To My Ear for allowing a meet to be held here.

QAEczNW.png

There's a huge lack of meets in our area (I'm a Clevelander) as you are all well aware.

I have scheduled a meet at Music to my Ear for July 22nd and hope to see you all there.

For those who don't know what Music To My Ear carries, they have a large Vinyl selection along with headphones such as the Focal Utopia, Sony Z1R, and Audeze LCD3 among many others!

As well as a good selection of Amp's and DAC's such as the Questyle Gold Stack and Chord Hugo among others!

Music To My Ear
3003 Babcock Blvd
Pittsburgh, PA 15237

Time is currently 11am-5pm (Might run later)

Mark has authorized reps from any Vendors to come as well.

Currently we have Vibro Labs (with a special unreleased IEM!) and ZMF Headphones on board and are working to add more!

Let me know if you can come, they told me to throw as many people as we can at them, so lets make it big!

Please list gear you would be bringing so that I can compile a list in the next post! :)

Last edited:
May 12, 2017 at 10:45 PM Post #2 of 75
Amps:
Amps & Sound Kenzie
Audeze Deckard
Audio-GD NFB-1Amp
Audioquest Dragonfly Red
Bottlehead Crack (2)
Cavalli Liquid Carbon (2)
DNA Sonett 2
Eddie Current Black Widow
Mjölnir Audio KGSSHV Carbon
Moon Audio Dragon Inspire IHA-1
Schiit Magni 2
Stax SRM1 Mk2

DAC's:
Audio-GD DAC19
Metrum Acoustics Amethyst
Schiit Bifrost Uber
Schiit Modi 2
Schiit Yggdrasil

Combo Units:
Audio-GD NFB-27
Audio-GD NFB-11.28
Chord Mojo
Fiio E10k
HIFiMan EF-2A

Headphones:
Audeze LCD-X
AKG K1000
AKG K240 Sextetts
AKG K872
AKG M50x
Focal Utopia
Fostex T50RP (Multiple variants)
Grado SR325e
Hifiman HE-6
Hifiman HE-400
Hifiman HE-400S
Koss ESP-950
Meze 99 Classics
MrSpeakers Ether C
Phillips SHP9500
Sennheiser HD800 (2)
Sennheiser HD700
Sennheiser HD6xx
Sennheiser HD600 (2)
Sennheiser HD650
Sennheiser HD580 (2)
Stax SR-007 Mk1
VModa M100
ZMF Eikon (3)
ZMF Ori

Prototypes:
Aphelion P(lanar)
Aphelion D(ynamic)
Vibro Labs (name TBD)

Other:
Questyle QP1R

Last edited:
May 12, 2017 at 10:56 PM Post #4 of 75
Nice, I'll be there. Gear:
-Audio-GD NFB11
-Moon Audio Dragon Inspire IHA-1
-HD800
-HD600

May 28, 2017 at 12:52 AM Post #10 of 75
Want to throw this out there gang-

The Chord DAVE is visiting the store for the next 3 weeks if anyone wants to come listen. I'm currently listening to OAR on the Utopia's right now.
Just got to say the Utopias from a Cavalli Liquid Tungsten and Dave was oh so good.

May 28, 2017 at 12:53 AM Post #11 of 75
It's a bit of a drive but I just might come .

May 31, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #12 of 75
I'm trying to get some disposable tips for the Isine 10, and Isine 20's so they will be available for demo by the time of the meet. Been itchin to hear them personally.... I also will try to get a 1MORE quad driver here as well.

May 31, 2017 at 8:34 PM Post #13 of 75
I think I have the wife agreeing to go as this will be a overnight trip for me. Might need some lodging recommendations close to the event for afterwards as might stop short as it is a pretty good drive and will be leaving after work on Friday. I will be bring the following:
Headphones :
Ether-C
AKG K872
HD-700
HD-6xx
Koss ESP-950
Amps :
Amps and Sound Kenzie
Cavalli Liquid Carbon
Stax SRM1 MK2
Bottlehead Crack with Speedball maybe one without also if I get the base done in time.
Source:
Schiit Yggdrasil
Questyle QP1R
Will also have my 1More Triple Drivers as the Quads might be there and Echobox Finder X-1's and Havi B3 Pro's have a bunch of tips that I don't use and some alcohol wipes also I only use Comply Tips as I can't find others that get a good seal for me. Truly hope I can make it but it does look good for now.

May 31, 2017 at 8:50 PM Post #14 of 75
I think I have the wife agreeing to go as this will be a overnight trip for me. Might need some lodging recommendations close to the event for afterwards as might stop short as it is a pretty good drive and will be leaving after work on Friday. I will be bring the following:
Headphones :
Ether-C
AKG K872
HD-700
HD-6xx
Koss ESP-950
Amps :
Amps and Sound Kenzie
Cavalli Liquid Carbon
Stax SRM1 MK2
Bottlehead Crack with Speedball maybe one without also if I get the base done in time.
Source:
Schiit Yggdrasil
Questyle QP1R
Will also have my 1More Triple Drivers as the Quads might be there and Echobox Finder X-1's and Havi B3 Pro's have a bunch of tips that I don't use and some alcohol wipes also I only use Comply Tips as I can't find others that get a good seal for me. Truly hope I can make it but it does look good for now.

Wow that's fantastic and quite a lot of excellent gear! I hope you can make it!!

May 31, 2017 at 9:23 PM Post #15 of 75
Wow that's fantastic and quite a lot of excellent gear! I hope you can make it!!
I think it is a go and would really like to meet the Pittsburgh contengent of Head-Fi as I make my rounds from Louisville. I'm a regular in Nashville and have been to Chicago twice as my wifes niece is just south of there and a Canlanta and Dayton and St. Louis as most of the Interstates intersect in Louisville so not a bad drive and the wife and I make it a weekend getaway kind of thing she just rolls her eyes at headphones but she is a good sport. She is already researching hotels. So I'm pretty much a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back