Official New York Spring Meet Sat June 10 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2017 at 10:11 AM Post #256 of 280
Jun 9, 2017 at 10:37 AM Post #257 of 280
Lol one more try... Anyone driving from the city? I'm desperately trying to avoid the hassle of carrying gear through the subway and then on the LIRR.

Also, that is just so cool mrspeakers is a sponsor and will be in attendance. I've been looking into a pair closed-back cans for a while and have heard incredible things about the Ether C.

Jun 9, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #258 of 280
Lol one more try... Anyone driving from the city? I'm desperately trying to avoid the hassle of carrying gear through the subway and then on the LIRR.

Also, that is just so cool mrspeakers is a sponsor and will be in attendance. I've been looking into a pair closed-back cans for a while and have heard incredible things about the Ether C.
Sorry man, I've been tying to get out of NYC to LI all week but one thing or another kept me here. However I am definitely leaving tonight and staying at my house on LI and going from there.

I know this may sound crazy, not knowing me and all, but I could transport your gear there for you, or at least some of it; be it the bulky or heavy or valuable stuff you dont want on the subway or lirr. But I'm not an early riser on a weekend so don't be panicky if I'm not at the meet until between 11am and 12pm. Haha. I definitely will be shooting for arriving around 11am.

My wagon will be packed to the gills with my gear for home as well as what I'm bringing to the meet, but I can likely fold down more of the rear seats and make room for yours too (need one seat up for a dog). My building is at the corner of 22nd St and 2nd ave. Called the Gramercy House. We can move the details to PM if you want to proceed.

Folks who attended past events, if you don't know me by my ID, I'm the guy who brought the McIntosh MHA-100 last time I attended a meet of few ago. Please chime in that I'm not a complete unknown and you've seen me at past meets.

-steve

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #259 of 280
Sorry man, I've been tying to get out of NYC to LI all week but one thing or another kept me here. However I am definitely leaving tonight and staying at my house on LI and going from there.

I know this may sound crazy, not knowing me and all, but I could transport your gear there for you, or at least some of it; be it the bulky or heavy or valuable stuff you dont want on the subway or lirr. But I'm not an early riser on a weekend so don't be panicky if I'm not at the meet until between 11am and 12pm. Haha. I definitely will be shooting for arriving around 11am.

My wagon will be packed to the gills with my gear for home as well as what I'm bringing to the meet, but I can likely fold down more of the rear seats and make room for yours too (need one seat up for a dog). My building is at the corner of 22nd St and 2nd ave. Called the Gramercy House. We can move the details to PM if you want to proceed.

Folks who attended past events, if you don't know me by my ID, I'm the guy who brought the McIntosh MHA-100 last time I attended a meet of few ago. Please chime in that I'm not a complete unknown and you've seen me at past meets.

-steve

Hah any other community and I might think you were crazy. Generally though I've found head-fi members to be some of the friendliest and most helpful people around. I'll keep the offer in mind :)

Jun 9, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #262 of 280
I need to thin my collection so if you're thinking of scoring something take a look at my profile and let me know what you're interested in so we can meet at the meet.

Jun 9, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #263 of 280
I need to thin my collection so if you're thinking of scoring something take a look at my profile and let me know what you're interested in so we can meet at the meet.
One of the biggest inventories I imagine; tho maybe I haven't seen enough. But I'd guess it's up there.

I'm PMing you about one thing I've been interested in acquiring. :wink:

Jun 9, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #265 of 280
I'd like to try to come with some equipment: dave and ayre codex dacs,utopia and hd800 earphones with some balanced and unbalanced cables for each
never did anything like this before: what do I have to bring , how long do you expect me to stay
about 50% chance of coming at present time, I'll let you know for sure friday
sorry--it isn't going to happen: personal business has taken over
jeff

Jun 9, 2017 at 3:50 PM Post #266 of 280
I will be at the hall at 8:30am I will need help running power cords & power strips to tables.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2017 at 4:23 PM Post #267 of 280
I will not be updating the list as the meet is tomorrow,
If you are not on it ,it will be OK for you to attend anyway..

Jun 9, 2017 at 6:47 PM Post #269 of 280
Greetings from Farmingdale, NY, next to Babylon. I was able to reserve a hotel shuttle at the Marriott Courtyard, leaving at 8 AM. If any of you besides me is staying here, and if you need an early ride, then feel free to hop on! I'll see everyone tomorrow.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back