Official New York Spring Meet Sat June 10 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 23, 2016 at 12:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 280

bozebuttons

Co-organized 1st International HF Meet (NY 2006)
Godfather of Babylon
NYC spring meet will be held in the Babylon American Legion Hall where the meet was held in 2005- 2006 ,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016
I rented the lower part of the hall this time Space will not be a issue can hold 200 people.
Wi-FI available

All Vendors and Members are welcome.(There is no fee for vendor table space,donations for the not so silent auction welcomed)
Donations welcome to help cover cost of the room but not required to attend.
Donations for the Not so Silent auction greatly appreciated as well as a volunteer to run it.

Directions to :

Babylon Post # 94
The American Legion
22 Grove Place
Babylon NY11702
631-669-0094 Meet will be 9:00am-6:00pm Sat June 10th 2017 must be out by 6:00pm(Breakdown at 5:30pm)
Not So Silent Auction 4:00pm
VENDOR SETUP 9:00AM
Member Setup 9:30Am

1-Via Long Island Expressway(Longway) to Exit 51 South.Take Deer Park Ave
South (fork to right over southern state parkway)Past Sunrise Hwy (rte27) & LIRR (Long Island RailRoad) overhead tracks.2nd Street(Grove Place) after railroad tracks make Right Turn.go in 1 Block,large building on corner.

2- Via Northern State PKY to Exit 42 South .Then follow same directions as
above.

3- Via Southern State PKY (Shorterway) to Exit 39 south,same as above.

4-Via Sunrise Hwy to Deerpark Ave(Not 231) South (Exit 40) ,go south untill
you pass under LIRR Tracks Make Right On Grove Place after you Pass
Lo-Mans store (on Corner of Grove Place).

5- Long Island Railroad (LIRR) to Babylon train station,( about one hour from Penn Station)one block south to Grove place.Hint if you are at the Ticket booth & look across the parking lot,you will see the Babylon High School Parking lot across the street.
Walk Across the street thru the Babylon High School parking Lot you can see the hall Yellow building.

For those driving I have been advised not to park on the street by the hall as the town has been issuing tickets. Parking lot next to & behind the Hall Also can park in the School parking lot DO NOT PARK IN Church parking lot across the Street from the Hall.Pay attention to signs when you park.School parking Lot Best Bet.

Enter Hall thru the Front Door on Left of the Hall.
There are doors at the rear of the room to bring in equipment.

Places to eat & drink close by within walking distance.

For newbies who have never been to a meet Check innerfidelity meet coverage in 2012
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/2012-new-york-spring-head-fi-meet

Hotels near by 10 minutes away.https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/ispli-courtyard-republic-airport-long-island-farmingdale/

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/tra...tes-republic-airport-long-island-farmingdale/

Archive Feedback http://www.head-fi.org/t/41368/bozebuttons
http://www.head-fi.org/t/726993/ultrasone-ed10-free-shipping

Edited by bozebuttons - 5/13/16 at 1:01pm View History
Archive Feedback http://www.head-fi.org/t/41368/bozebuttons

687375bb_canjam_nyc_2017_badge.png

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2016 at 12:29 PM Post #2 of 280
Vendor List
1- Vibro Labs (Luke Pighetti)
2-HeadAmp
3-Grado labs ( not attending but donated a GH-2 for the not so silent auction,ESL-1 will have the new PS2000e at the meet for members to listen to)
4- ZMF Headphones(donating a atticus in paduck wood for the not so silent auction)
5- HifiMan
6- Schiit Audio (donating Fulla 2 for the not so silent auction)
7-
8- Audio_Technica ( donating ATH- MSR for Not so silent auction)
9-MEZE Audio ( not attending but sending their new Meze 99 Neo for members to listen to)
10-Filo ( not attending Sending gear ivanrocks321 will be showing gear)

Member List

1-Mark Up
2-DiscoProJoe
3-Ray3rd
4-3Pillars
5-vertical
6-caly
7-KeuNamoo
8-gandhisfist
9-Kerry
10-tuxbass
11-aCommunistSpy
12-Frank I
13-meringo
14-m8o
15-ZerkMeister
16-romanko
17-ivanrocks321
18-cat6man
19-Josh Goetz
20-Russin
21-Yikes
22-MonteiroRobert
23-ESL-1
24-LTSFBH
25-monsterzero
26-jpelg
27-VandyMan
28-jinxy245
29-DutchGFX
30-kyuuketsuki
31-icefalkon
32-563
33-mimart7
34-ralphp@optinline
35-cat6man
36-TheMFYeti
37-MagnetMadness
38-talan7
39-MikeZhao
40-3Pillars
41-kamikaziH20min
42-wavoman
43-jrfmd
44-daveDerek
45-Darkestred
46-Jude
47-dallasmarlow
48-DocSkeekmo

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2016 at 2:43 PM Post #5 of 280
It is with great excitement that I'm announcing my plans to attend my first-ever headphone-enthusiast meetup on June 10th, 2017, in New York!

I'm originally from Oklahoma, I've been happily building my life in the lovely city of Chongqing, China, for the last eight years, and will be swinging by New York on my way into the U.S. to visit family in June 2017.

I'm really eager to attend a Head-Fi meetup in order to meet people, to listen to others' equipment, and especially, to set up a table with the dual-listening setup of my portable headphone rig...in order to show off my extreme EQ presets (in Rockbox firmware on my iPod Classic) that I developed, and that I've uploaded to the Internet so everyone else with a Rockboxed music player can download them for free.

(There are 2 sets of 590 custom EQ presets, which can boost the low-end sub-bass around 40 Hz by as much as ***62 dB*** with everything combined in the system -- while sounding crisp and clear at the same time. With a suitable preset for the song that's playing, the sound doesn't have excessive midbass, nor does it "bleed into" the midrange, either.)

I designed these presets specifically for my two pair of V-Moda M-100 headphones, and for my two Cayin C5 portable amps. (I have one amp for each pair of headphones, plus a Y-adaptor running out of the iPod.)

I released a 43-minute video on YouTube about it, detailing my EQ presets and portable headphone system at...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw91tMkpzV8

(On the YouTube page, click the tab under the video that says, "Show more," to view all the important articles, web links, etc. These links should be clickable.)

You also can watch this same video on the Chinese video site YouKu at http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTU5NDc2MTM0NA==.html

And, of course, you can view my original article about it right here on Head-Fi by clicking here.

If you'd like to read a little "personal history" of how I became a headphone enthusiast, you can find this big post of mine (on Head-Fi, from Jan. 23, 2016), along with this follow-up post (from two days later).

I don't post as much on Head-Fi nowadays as in the past, but recently have become really interested in the meetups, and in attending one. The NYC meetup looks like the perfect chance for me to get acquainted with headphone fans, to check things out, and to show off my stuff!

When I set up a table at the meetup, it'll include my laptop PC. Everyone is strongly encouraged to bring a small USB thumb drive with about 10 music files (or so) in a folder that I can copy first to my PC, and then to my Rockboxed iPod. This way, I can play your music on my portable system so you can hear how it sounds when I choose a suitable EQ preset for the song that's playing. All music genres are absolutely welcome.

(FYI,...Rockbox can play FLAC files, but if the sample rate / bit depth is higher than 48kHz / 16-bit, then Rockbox will downsample it. I personally haven't tried playing FLAC files, though, as I'm perfectly happy with my beloved MP3s at my longtime chosen bitrate of 192 kbps!
biggrin.gif
)

My guess is that a lot of people will absolutely love my system when they hear it, but not everyone will like it. Bassheads who enjoy the sound of a big, thumping, throbbing car stereo with decent mids & highs to match...will love it. Hardcore audiophiles, and those who don't enjoy tons of sub-bass, on the other hand,...might not like it that much.

Anyway, I'm also interested in going around the room and checking out other equipment. Perhaps the Taction Kannons will be out on the market by June 2017. I can't wait to hear what those sound like -- both with and without my EQ presets.

I've never had a chance to listen to a pair of JVC HA-SZ2000s, so if anyone can bring a pair, I'd really be interested to see what these can put out with my EQ presets. I've read that these don't have as good of clarity in the mids & highs when compared to V-Moda M-100s, but would be anxious to check these out.

One particular combination that I'd love to have a listen on would be a pair of Fostex TH-900s running through a desktop headphone amp with my music player (and EQ presets) hooked up to it. I'm not interested in ever purchasing a desktop headphone amp, but am curious to see if this particular combination would sound better (to my tastes) than my M-100s running off my portable Cayin C5.

Finally, I've never had a chance to listen to a pair of Sennheiser HD 800 / 800S, so I'd like to sample these, too. I may not like their sound signature (with my tastes), but have always wanted to give them a listen. Same with the Stax SR-009.

Well,...if anyone has some good advice to give about attending my first meetup, then send it my way! Perhaps I can spend the first two hours of the morning checking out others' equipment, and then can set up my own table around 11 AM or so.

(Also, if anyone brings their own pair of M-100 headphones (or V-Moda Crossfade Wireless), then they can simply plug their own pair straight into my dual-listening setup, and won't need to use one of my pair of headphones.)

Oh well,...can't wait to join the party on June 10th, and can't wait to rock the house with Rockbox while I'm at it!
gs1000.gif

Enthusiastically,

DiscoProJoe
Chongqing, China

----------------------------
Edit -- Dec. 13, 2016:

I just released an updated version of my EQ presets, and posted a new article about it here on Head-Fi at this new link.

I also just put out a short, 90-second follow-up video, announcing this updated version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDKWfLcBkNI

(It's also viewable on YouKu by clicking here.)

Bon appetit....

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2016 at 2:43 PM Post #6 of 280
Come to think of it...are many people in Babylon, NY, familiar with Blue Lagoon's song "Call From Babylon"? It's an Ace-of-Base-style track, and really cool.

Waiting for your call from Babylon...

Girl I'm in a taxi in New York
Coming to the airport while we talk
I'mma gonna fly back to Japan
Girl you know I miss you...

:yum:

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2016 at 1:20 PM Post #8 of 280
  I Think I can make it. Depends on sons school and work. I am definitely going to try.  I live in Brentwood. So real close !

DiscoProJoe is coming from China,You are about 15 minutes away ,Try & make it if even for a little while you won't regret it.

Nov 7, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #9 of 280
I should be able to bring the items listed below :D

DAP 
AK380+AK380AMP
AK240

AMP
Woo Audio WA8

Headphones
HD800
LCD-XC

IEM
JH layla
Noble K10
Weston W4r
Shure SE846

Nov 20, 2016 at 1:40 AM Post #14 of 280
Kewl .... kewl kewl kewl ...

-Abed,Community

Edit: I just hope the Big Apple BBQ isn't the same weekend again this year. That wins out over everything else every time. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back