OFFICIAL: 2017 North Carolina Meet
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 24, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #91 of 137
What I am bringing as of right now:
Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 600ohm California Headphone Company Silverado (2 sets)
California Headphone Company Laredo
Sony MDR-ZX770BT
Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE
RHA S500
B&O PLAY H3(LG/Android version)
Final Audio F7200
Empire Ears Spartan ADEL with MAM and Carrot dummy modules(01 Modules)(CIEM)

Headphone Amp Inventory:
Bravo Audio V3 tube amp (with an Electro-Harmonix 6922EH gold pin tube)
Fisher Audio CA-2220 Integrated Amp Topping NX2 DAC/Amp
Source Inventory:
LG V20
Fiio X5 Gen. 3

May 24, 2017 at 4:14 PM Post #92 of 137
Getting excited for this meet! My question is, it looks like there is a 40% chance of showers that day so do we have a covered unloading area? Finally, Table space, what space is available. Sadly I don't have a table that I can bring with me >.> so I'm hoping the School has some that we can use, though the size of them would be helpful.

May 24, 2017 at 6:49 PM Post #93 of 137
Getting excited for this meet! My question is, it looks like there is a 40% chance of showers that day so do we have a covered unloading area? Finally, Table space, what space is available. Sadly I don't have a table that I can bring with me >.> so I'm hoping the School has some that we can use, though the size of them would be helpful.
I cannot guarantee a covered unloading area. I didn't think that one through. In terms of tables and chairs, we should have plenty.

May 24, 2017 at 6:52 PM Post #94 of 137
I cannot guarantee a covered unloading area. I didn't think that one through. In terms of tables and chairs, we should have plenty.
That's no problem, I'll just carry some Extra Trash Bags to put over the boxes lol, I'm sure I can jerry rig up something nice. Will you also have Ample Power Strips/Surge protectors?

May 24, 2017 at 6:56 PM Post #95 of 137
That's no problem, I'll just carry some Extra Trash Bags to put over the boxes lol, I'm sure I can jerry rig up something nice. Will you also have Ample Power Strips/Surge protectors?
No, and thank you for reminding me about it!
This is my first meet planning so I don't have a checklist on what to do haha, so bare with me!

anyways: EVERYONE BRING SURGE PROTECTORS/POWER STRIPS IF YOU HAVE THEM.
Do not expect others to bring some for you to use other than mine :)

May 24, 2017 at 7:34 PM Post #96 of 137
This is my first meet planning so I don't have a checklist on what to do haha, so bare with me!

Good, I have a spare one I can pick up on my way Up. Should have grabbed it from my old house, but I wasn't thinking sadly :/

May 24, 2017 at 8:21 PM Post #97 of 137

I can bring a couple of them. Could you please add what I'm bringing to the list?

May 24, 2017 at 8:26 PM Post #98 of 137
Looks like my WooAudio WA7 finally bit the dust last night. With that piece missing I won't be attending this meetup :frowning2:

My friend you don't have to bring anything to attend the meet. So long as you've a cool personality (or maybe some pizza XD) that's all I ask for. But you made it to last years meet didn't you? I believe I remember talking to you and (if memory serves) your wife about how the WA7 takes about half an hour to get going. Course I could be completely mixing up you for someone else ;P

May 24, 2017 at 8:27 PM Post #99 of 137
dang, i wanted to hear the aune x1s and audeze lcd 2.2 :triportsad:

No I'm still attending the meet, I was referring being unable to go out to eat afterwards.

May 24, 2017 at 8:31 PM Post #100 of 137
I'm still getting used to the new format.
I attended both the Cornelius and South Charlotte versions of this meet in the "way back", IF those were the same meets that featured Joe Grado as a guest speaker.
I also remember meeting (and buying a P-51 RSA headphone amp, my first) from Ray Samuels. (Very nice guy...)

Most of my "head-fi" gear is relatively "non-exotic". I can bring a FiiO X5 II (I've got a couple of 'em) and I have a set of "Basserific" JVC headphones (from Japan) that I bought solely out of curiosity a few years ago.
I could be talked out of the JVC cans if the offer's right.

Thanks to Guilford College Radio Station for sponsoring. Recently (just for giggles) I went to Radio-Locator and searched for "Jazz" stations by format. I found (approximately) 60. Not in the SE. Not in my local (or even DX'ing) reception footprint. In the NATION.
There are (in my market) two stations that dedicate a small portion of one evening a week to it (if you're not overly critical about what "Jazz" is) so I encourage EVERYBODY to support College/Public Radio. Goes double if you can hear ACTUAL Jazz there!

(Off soapbox...)

See everybody there unless something seriously unwell takes me off the Commuter list.

Welcome to the meet my friend!!! Excited to meet your acquaintance. Also, NEVER feel bad or anything remotely negative for what gear you have. If YOU like it the who cares what anyone else thinks? Heck, I've never heard either of the gear you're bringing so I'm personally quite excited to try something new.

May 24, 2017 at 10:13 PM Post #102 of 137

This gives me the chance to get my post count up to 12 in 12 years since joining.

Latest weather forecast is Sunny all day and 84 degrees.

May 24, 2017 at 10:19 PM Post #103 of 137
This gives me the chance to get my post count up to 12 in 12 years since joining.

Latest weather forecast is Sunny all day and 84 degrees.

I'm honor'd! 12 Posts in 12 years WITH twelve likes! An perfect, I saw 40% chance of storms this morning

May 25, 2017 at 7:11 PM Post #104 of 137
I plan on attending the meet this Saturday. Not bringing any equipment as I will have to leave by 12:30. Scott Nixon may also be attending with me if he is feeling better from a prolonged illness. If anyone is interested, I have 32 NOS GE JAN-CG-12SN7GT tubes I can bring and sell for $7.50 each. I purchased these several years ago from a bulk pack. They have all been tested and are in boxes. PM me if you would like to see them.

May 25, 2017 at 10:03 PM Post #105 of 137
Alrighty, so my wife and I are going to that burger place tomorrow night... Hops I think, does any one wish to join us?

Lastly what time is the meet? Still Starting at 8am or is it at 10am?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back