OFFICIAL: 2017 North Carolina Meet
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 14, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #76 of 137
I would also like to try the th-X00 as I have loved the th900 when I tried them and want to see how they compare.
I have an update on Moon Audio. Sadly, they are sending all of their gear for an audio fest in California the week after.
They will have nothing for us to listen to. they did say that if we have a meet in the summer this year then they would be happy
to go. So whoever plans the next meet, keep that in mind.

May 14, 2017 at 5:04 PM Post #77 of 137
"That is awesome Alex.......now it is an official NC Headphone meet.....if we can just work on Danny "

Personally, I don't know if I care to show up to an event that would allow Alex and/or myself to attend.
Not good for the reputation of the Headphone Meet. That being said, I am not sure if I will be able to attend yet. However, I would be happy to loan out my new Pass Labs HPA-1 headphone amp should anyone from the Charlotte area want to pick it up, in the event I would not be able to attend. Just let me know.

Also, if any of the organizers need any assistance or feel I could assist in any way please do not hesitate to contact me.

Danny

You two are dangerous.....especially together :)

I hope someone is able to grab that Pass Labs HPA-1 from you if you can't make it......I heard that at Moon Audio, and it is a fantastic amplifier! I would love the opportunity to hear it again.

May 14, 2017 at 8:23 PM Post #78 of 137
"That is awesome Alex.......now it is an official NC Headphone meet.....if we can just work on Danny "

Personally, I don't know if I care to show up to an event that would allow Alex and/or myself to attend.
Not good for the reputation of the Headphone Meet. That being said, I am not sure if I will be able to attend yet. However, I would be happy to loan out my new Pass Labs HPA-1 headphone amp should anyone from the Charlotte area want to pick it up, in the event I would not be able to attend. Just let me know.

Also, if any of the organizers need any assistance or feel I could assist in any way please do not hesitate to contact me.

Danny
I need to talk to my parents about it first, but I may be able to pick it up depending on where exactly you are located at in Charlotte, I live in Lincolnton.

May 15, 2017 at 8:37 PM Post #79 of 137
Good evening my friends!!! Had an incredible weekend going camping with some of my classmates and even more awesome news is that I FINALLY got my first assignment. I am Engine 5 A shift with a report date of 31MAY2017. So please upgrade me to a guaranteed attending and all gear listed also is a for sure bringing. I'll also be dragging along my wife kicking and screaming XD (I've almost got her converted into an audio buff so just a little bit more of a nudge is all that's needed :imp:).

May 16, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #80 of 137
Good evening my friends!!! Had an incredible weekend going camping with some of my classmates and even more awesome news is that I FINALLY got my first assignment. I am Engine 5 A shift with a report date of 31MAY2017. So please upgrade me to a guaranteed attending and all gear listed also is a for sure bringing. I'll also be dragging along my wife kicking and screaming XD (I've almost got her converted into an audio buff so just a little bit more of a nudge is all that's needed :imp:).

Congratulations and great news! Glad to hear you got your assignment AND you get to go to the meet. Wish I could go. But I'll be in the land of Rush. Can't wait to see all the pictures and hear the comments.

May 20, 2017 at 2:32 AM Post #81 of 137

That's awesome man! I'm excited to get to meet ya! Your one of the closer Head Fi'rs, plus you seem to have a Love for Audio Technica like I do :D, I'm excited to hear your W5000! Sadly, I've never heard it,

Also, In addition to the ZMF Atticus and Eikon I also have the Focal Elear, turns out it got it today! Which means in 1 week I'll be with it with you guys! Waiting on the final Approval from Todd over a TTVJ, but I don't think he'll have to many objections with me bringing it to the meet! An, I've got some new Tubes for my Ember II, so it should be spectacular, though do you guys have Ample Power Strips present? I don't think I want to pull out my Furman >.> it's not the easier thing to unplug sadly, if Not I can scrounge one up

Last edited:
May 20, 2017 at 2:13 PM Post #82 of 137
That's awesome man! I'm excited to get to meet ya! Your one of the closer Head Fi'rs, plus you seem to have a Love for Audio Technica like I do :D, I'm excited to hear your W5000! Sadly, I've never heard it,

Also, In addition to the ZMF Atticus and Eikon I also have the Focal Elear, turns out it got it today! Which means in 1 week I'll be with it with you guys! Waiting on the final Approval from Todd over a TTVJ, but I don't think he'll have to many objections with me bringing it to the meet! An, I've got some new Tubes for my Ember II, so it should be spectacular, though do you guys have Ample Power Strips present? I don't think I want to pull out my Furman >.> it's not the easier thing to unplug sadly, if Not I can scrounge one up

FREAK YES!!!!! I've been wanting to hear the Elear for a LONG time (the Utopia as well but I can never see being able to own one of them) for those or the HD-800's seem to be the ideal mate for my dream Oppo PM-1's (someday I'll be able to buy one of them as well).

For any interested in selling equipment, the last meet had a really nice way it went about and it never took away from the meet (noone was pitching etc... their gear it was if you like it and want it great here's the price kind of thing).

May 20, 2017 at 7:20 PM Post #83 of 137
FREAK YES!!!!! I've been wanting to hear the Elear for a LONG time (the Utopia as well but I can never see being able to own one of them) for those or the HD-800's seem to be the ideal mate for my dream Oppo PM-1's (someday I'll be able to buy one of them as well).

For any interested in selling equipment, the last meet had a really nice way it went about and it never took away from the meet (noone was pitching etc... their gear it was if you like it and want it great here's the price kind of thing).

Good! I still need to hear back from Todd, but again I don't think he'll mind... and I'm HOPING that I like the ZMF Eikon enough to have my W1000x and TH X00 for sale, but that's sound advice thank you

If I can ask though, my wife an I are defiantly going out Friday night for Burgers, who's free to join us? I'd like to get a reservation set up Monday

May 20, 2017 at 11:08 PM Post #84 of 137
Im unable to join for my Fire Academy graduation is at 1800 that day and ideally after the meet Saturday me and Christina will be heading up to KY to visit family for a little bit.

May 21, 2017 at 6:38 PM Post #86 of 137
Im unable to join for my Fire Academy graduation is at 1800 that day and ideally after the meet Saturday me and Christina will be heading up to KY to visit family for a little bit.

Looks like my WooAudio WA7 finally bit the dust last night. With that piece missing I won't be attending this meetup :frowning2:
dang, i wanted to hear the aune x1s and audeze lcd 2.2 :triportsad:

May 23, 2017 at 9:21 PM Post #87 of 137
I missed the detailed map somehow, can you post it up for me again? I googled Guilford college, but didn't find Founders Hall.

May 24, 2017 at 7:44 AM Post #88 of 137
Sweet, appreciate the headforwardness of taking this on this year of puttinf it together. And super tha ks to your radio station. I can ONLY attend the April and 13MAY date and goi g off Dellwolf I'm leaning tiwards 13MAY due to his inability to make April. But my gear will be

Headphones & c/iems
Senn. HD650
Empire Ears Hermes VI (they're ciem though)
Bowers & Wilkins P7
Meze 99 Classics
Sony MDR-10RNCip
Meze 11 Neo
Meze 12 Classics
Edifier H850
Edifier W855BT
Klipsch X7i

Amps/DACs/DAPs/Combis
Schiit Lyr 2 w/ upgraded tubes
Schiit Bifrost 4490
Aune X1s
Luxury & Precision L3
Hifiman Supermini
LG V20

Extra stuff
Unique Inovation Technologies
PMP-353/4P
Various CD's (no cd player though)
Laptop (Cheap HP nothing special [but it does play cd's])

UNCONFIRMED
Audio-Technica
W5000
W1000X
AD1000X
A550Z
AT-PHA100

Speakers (to sale if wanted)
Moshi Spatia
Bose Dock10

And lastly, quite a bit of memory foam tips courtesy of Comply.

May 24, 2017 at 8:03 AM Post #89 of 137
I'm still getting used to the new format.
I attended both the Cornelius and South Charlotte versions of this meet in the "way back", IF those were the same meets that featured Joe Grado as a guest speaker.
I also remember meeting (and buying a P-51 RSA headphone amp, my first) from Ray Samuels. (Very nice guy...)

Most of my "head-fi" gear is relatively "non-exotic". I can bring a FiiO X5 II (I've got a couple of 'em) and I have a set of "Basserific" JVC headphones (from Japan) that I bought solely out of curiosity a few years ago.
I could be talked out of the JVC cans if the offer's right.

Thanks to Guilford College Radio Station for sponsoring. Recently (just for giggles) I went to Radio-Locator and searched for "Jazz" stations by format. I found (approximately) 60. Not in the SE. Not in my local (or even DX'ing) reception footprint. In the NATION.
There are (in my market) two stations that dedicate a small portion of one evening a week to it (if you're not overly critical about what "Jazz" is) so I encourage EVERYBODY to support College/Public Radio. Goes double if you can hear ACTUAL Jazz there!

(Off soapbox...)

See everybody there unless something seriously unwell takes me off the Commuter list.

May 24, 2017 at 10:26 AM Post #90 of 137
guilford map_LI.jpg

Here is a map of Guilford College and the location of the meet. Circled in purple is Founders Hall. This is the location of the meet. It will be held upstairs (top floor). There is elevator
access. The green lines are entry points from New Garden Road. The Red arrows are entry points. The arrow on the left is what I know to be handicap accessible. The yellow lines are walking
paths from parking. The orange dots represent where you can park. There should be enough space in the parking lots that are closest to the building. All parking (except handicap) is available on weekends.
I have no liability if you park in a handicap spot when you are not supposed to. Please be courteous to the facility. If you are still confused, then ask me questions. If you are on campus and confused,
Just ask people on campus where to go. Most people know where Founders is because it is the biggest building and it has the food hall.
I will put flyers/signs outside Founders hall so you will know which building it is. There are also maps posted around campus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back