Official 2016 SF Head-Fi Meet Impressions Thread - July 16, 2016
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 27, 2016 at 10:34 AM Post #168 of 197
What wasn't shown was @moedawg140
 walking around the streets charging his phone using a cable with xmas lights on it. We're trying to find a restaurant that can take 6 people and moe has a dozen lights dangling from his pocket.  I don't know why I didn't think to take a picture. 

Those lights were pretty bright, haha. Kinda funny seeing the look on people's faces when they would ask where they could get the cable and I tell them they would have to go to another state to get the cable.

Jul 27, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #169 of 197
Lol you guys didn't get the chance of previewing it in the room like I did. Let's just say I slept facing the other side.

I covered up the lights so they wouldn't shine so bright - if they weren't covered at all, the whole room would have been lit! Haha

For scrumptious vegetarian, if I can, I'll take you to Veggie Grill if you're in Southern California again, Currawong! :beerchug:

Jul 29, 2016 at 4:47 AM Post #171 of 197
to those who listened to the modded HE-6 plugged in to the EC amp in the member's area, does anyone know what pads are attached it?

looks like brainwavz angled, but am not sure.

Audeze Vegans most likely. 

Nov 1, 2016 at 2:13 PM Post #173 of 197
OK everybody, I've managed to set up what will likely be my final meet, at a free venue in San Jose / South Bay area! Nov. 26th - post on thread below here if coming:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/824498/finally-south-bay-area-head-fi-meet-late-2016-alum-rock-library-11-26-16-save-the-date

Mar 6, 2017 at 9:13 PM Post #174 of 197
Why do I get the impression that this was the last SF Head-Fi meet?  I don't see anything pertaining to an upcoming SF meet.

Although, truth-be-told I'm tired of having to go to the city to attend this event.  Seriously, by the time I get done paying for my Head-Fi meet ticket, gas to drive to and from the city, parking, lunch, I'm in the area of $80-$100 deep just to attend this meet.  Couldn't we please, have this meet in the south bay?  I could put the cost offset towards a new piece of equipment. :D

-Jay

Mar 6, 2017 at 9:22 PM Post #175 of 197
Although, truth-be-told I'm tired of having to go to the city to attend this event.  Seriously, by the time I get done paying for my Head-Fi meet ticket, gas to drive to and from the city, parking, lunch, I'm in the area of $80-$100 deep just to attend this meet.  Couldn't we please, have this meet in the south bay?  I could put the cost offset towards a new piece of equipment. :D

BART and Caltrain are the answers, my friend.

Mar 6, 2017 at 9:26 PM Post #176 of 197
  Why do I get the impression that this was the last SF Head-Fi meet?  I don't see anything pertaining to an upcoming SF meet.

-Jay

Or maybe in the East Bay close to a BART station and with free (or nearly free) parking.  Getting there easily from the Oakland airport is a major +.

Mar 6, 2017 at 9:54 PM Post #177 of 197
Sorry guys, but it was the last meet I was planning to set up two meets back, and yes it was in the south bay (San Jose). Then three months ago I did the San Jose meet all over again and it was truly the last one I'm putting together, since I'm planning to move out of the area. Fortunately though there's CanJam in L.A. next month, a proposed Sacramento meet, and the members of the most recent meet may plan another one in the future, in the east bay perhaps. All of the above can be found on the link below, and you can get new event notifications by clicking the subscribe button on the link below, the same as you would with a normal thread:
http://www.head-fi.org/f/24/local-regional-head-fi-meets-parties-get-togethers

PS-  anybody can set up their own local Head-Fi meet, and post it on the post it on the upcoming meets page. Local meets are usually admission free, while this thread was for an official meet

Mar 7, 2017 at 2:35 PM Post #178 of 197
@Xacxac - Not if you want to haul equipment.

@KG Jag - Good point, the Fremont station is near some good stuff.

@DecentLevi - I was only considering the official event, with vendors. I could host my own event in San Jose if I was aiming for a listening gig.

Mar 22, 2017 at 8:39 AM Post #179 of 197
  - K812 has unequivocally lost classical war to HD800. I cannot think of a situation in which I would recommend them over HD800. They're more immediate, placing you on the podium rather than in the audience, but that's really just a roundabout way of saying the soundstage isn't holographic and kind of surrounds you 

Well, maybe that's why I like them also for classical music. I am a trained composer, and a few times stood on the conductor's place, or in the very first row behind him/her because I got free tickets  :wink:

Roberto

Mar 22, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #180 of 197
I went to the sf symphony the other night and sat near middle first row, just to the right of the conductor. After closing my eyes I tried to imagine the end game summit-fi headphones (or speaker) systems I've heard from the meets compared to the massive, distortion free soundstage differences I heard in front of me. Sadly, it's still not even close :frowning2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back