Ocharaku 音茶楽 thread
Aug 1, 2017 at 9:26 PM Post #200 of 430
I gave the Keyaki and Akakeyaki a 40 minute listen last week in Yamano Music in Ginza (thanks anakchan). The difference between the black and red was the soundstage and airiness, the black was more intimate whereas the aka version was more spacious. I definitely preferred the black version, it was like being invited to an intimate performance of your favorite artist, lights dimmed, wooden walls you get the drift. They sounded so sweet, I didn't want to take them out. The Akakeyaki version has a larger soundstage, they're a little more airy and less intimate.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2017 at 10:46 PM Post #201 of 430
Thanks for that, @azabu ! Have you heard any of the former Ocharaku flagship models?

I see CDJapan now says that the Keyaki Balance (non-AKA) is backordered. I wonder how easy it actually is for them to get more of them (or rather, how reliable or in the know their inventory system is, whatnot). I've been saving for a pair, but I'm not quite there yet.

Aug 2, 2017 at 2:25 AM Post #202 of 430
Thanks for that, @azabu ! Have you heard any of the former Ocharaku flagship models?

I see CDJapan now says that the Keyaki Balance (non-AKA) is backordered. I wonder how easy it actually is for them to get more of them (or rather, how reliable or in the know their inventory system is, whatnot). I've been saving for a pair, but I'm not quite there yet.

At Yamano Music, I also listened to the Ti in both black and aka versions. If the internals are the same, then compared to the Keyaki with zelkova wood housing, the titanium housing has a definite impact on the sound signature. The Keyaki has an organic and sweet musical signature, whereas the Ti version was a little clinical with the treble sounding a little hot. With the Ti, I preferred the aka version as it was more relaxed with the wider and more airy presentation. I was listening to FKA Twigs' Pendulum and Willie Nelson's Stardust.

The only other wood model I've tried is the Sakura SE model at Akihabara e-earphones, one day apart from Yamano Music, and the musical signature seemed softer than the Keyaki model. I also auditioned the new JVC HA-FW01 with the dynamic wood driver and they were ok, nowhere near as good as the Keyaki. While they work fine with vocals and acoustic, I found too much bleed-in between frequencies.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2017 at 11:41 AM Post #203 of 430
I have had the Co-Donguri's since they came out, and I absolutely adored the sound when I first tried it, and still love it now. However, after a year of being in my pocket one side finally gave out on me, and instead of getting another pair, I decided to broaden my horizons. Are there any other IEM's out there in a similar price range with a similar sound signature?

Aug 29, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #204 of 430
I have had the Co-Donguri's since they came out, and I absolutely adored the sound when I first tried it, and still love it now. However, after a year of being in my pocket one side finally gave out on me, and instead of getting another pair, I decided to broaden my horizons. Are there any other IEM's out there in a similar price range with a similar sound signature?
That's a really tough one as these are quite special, and i haven't heard of anything like these (really). What's your budget anyway. ? Same as Shizuku ?

Aug 29, 2017 at 9:25 PM Post #205 of 430
you can try the donguri keyaki cheers

Aug 30, 2017 at 3:36 AM Post #206 of 430
After spending a few months with the Donguri series., i report the following:
1. All of them are awesome. None are warm sounding.
2. Raku really grows on me, and it's my favourite, only next to Keyaki.
3. Shizuku (Co-Donguri) is best for some mid-high excitement. The female vocals really soar high on these!
4. Syou Kurenai has the maximum bass in the family. They punch with great authority. I think this is slightly V-shaped.
5. Chonmage 3 has the most forward vocals, and least bass by quantity.
6. Keyaki Ti plus has unbelievable instrument separation, and has the maximum micro details. Very musical and awesome. (just perfect, IMHO)

I'm getting CKR100 this weekend, and can't wait to compare it with the Keyaki.
Let me know if you wanna know anything specific, i'll be glad to share my impression.

Aug 30, 2017 at 5:48 AM Post #207 of 430
That's a really tough one as these are quite special, and i haven't heard of anything like these (really). What's your budget anyway. ? Same as Shizuku ?
Thanks for the reply! Thinking of something under 100 USD or 10000 yen, since I will be using these as a "wherever I go" pair of earphones. I am looking at the Final E2000 as reviews seem promising, but I will welcome any other recommendations.

you can try the donguri keyaki cheers

Over my price range for now, I have a pair of Noble Django's, not time to upgrade... yet.

Aug 30, 2017 at 6:00 AM Post #208 of 430
Thanks for the reply! Thinking of something under 100 USD or 10000 yen, since I will be using these as a "wherever I go" pair of earphones. I am looking at the Final E2000 as reviews seem promising, but I will welcome any other recommendations.

Maybe E2000 would be nice. Haven't heard it myself.
You can consider Ortofon E-Q5; that sounds quite similar with a slight mid-bass hump much like Co-Donguri, very close sound signature too (maybe very slightly warmer) and better clarity.
But wearing style is a bit like a stethoscope, and it's slightly above your price range.

If you do choose E2000, please let us know of your impressions.

Sep 1, 2017 at 9:26 AM Post #210 of 430
Jumped for the Heaven IV's instead, there was a seller on amazon jp listing it for a little over 100$. Will report back with impressions.
Nice. Heaven IV are good too.
It will be a departure from the Ocharaku bright signature, and you will be confronted with luscious dark signature now! You will miss some high frequency excitement, but the thick vocals and mid to low frequencies will keep you mesmerized for while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back